What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cinderella 99 The Come Back

midwestkid

Veteran
ThanksLostTribe I appreciate the opportunity.
i'm still holding off for a couple amber trichs...
they looked almost ready at 7 weeks, now we are at week 8, I'm thinking week 9 I will chop so I'm sure they had a fair chance to swell.

LostTribe

Premium user
Courtesy reminder: Not from Brothers Grimm;)
Day 51
Click image for larger version  Name:	fetch?photoid=18090013.jpg Views:	0 Size:	249.5 KB ID:	18090083

Click image for larger version  Name:	fetch?photoid=18090014.jpg Views:	0 Size:	141.4 KB ID:	18090084

Close up
Click image for larger version  Name:	fetch?photoid=18090015.jpg Views:	0 Size:	229.7 KB ID:	18090085

For Comparison one of the last remaining original pics of Princess taken from CW
Click image for larger version  Name:	fetch?photoid=18090013.jpg Views:	0 Size:	249.5 KB ID:	18090083

Speaking of the pic anyone else think its strange that Mr Soul hasnt shared this Princess pic with anyone since I gave it to him years ago?

LostTribe

Premium user
Lost how is C99 not originally from Brothers Grimm ?

Even if you made F2s F3s F8s it still originates from Brothers Grimm Work.

I didn't say, originally.

Currently, Brothers Grimm doesnt have any real Cinderella 99.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
I didn't say, originally.

Currently, Brothers Grimm doesnt have any real Cinderella 99.

C99 from what i know is a cubed/back cross line that was made back to Princes that originated in the seed Soul brought back to the US.

The C99 seed you Joey Fet and all others got that produced the F2s would have ended up in Souls long term seed storage also as all breeders back there genetics up.

Here is Soul from feb this year talking about how C99 came about.

Lots of old posts from Soul at BC Growers Association Archive
http://www.cannabase.com/cl/bcga/bcg.htm

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
He's met me. He still does not have/sell Cinderella 99 which is the topic of my thread Hempy.

Stay on topic or kindly look for disagreements elsewhere. You have not, currently are not and have no intention of growing Cinderella so why not stop clogging up threads with unrelated comments.

Have a great rest of your day!

I am on topic Lost so how dose he not have C99 ? Your claiming correct me if i am wrong here Soul the Breeder of C99 no longer has C99 but you do correct.

Yet you some how dont think a breeder of C99 having seed lots of seed in long term storage you and others bought seed from originally from and now you reproduce is out of the real of reality?

I am not after a disagreement Lost but its bad form to disrespect a breeder you got seed from that you now reproduce his work .

Muleskinner

Veteran
I have asked the question many times, how do we know the man currently calling himself "Mr. Soul" is the same man that sold the seeds 22 years ago? Considering that the original Mr Soul was a fictional underground alias for a real person or persons? Did I miss the audit by the independent accounting firm confirming his identity? Or did he just show up suddenly claiming to be the same person.

Whoever he is, he didn't even bother to get a decent knock-off seeds of the original strain, that is obvious to anyone who grew the originals, just from looking at pictures of the new one

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
I have asked the question many times, how do we know the man currently calling himself "Mr. Soul" is the same man that sold the seeds 22 years ago? Considering that the original Mr Soul was a fictional underground alias for a real person or persons? Did I miss the audit by the independent accounting firm confirming his identity? Or did he just show up suddenly claiming to be the same person.

Whoever he is, he didn't even bother to get a decent knock-off seeds of the original strain, that is obvious to anyone who grew the originals, just from looking at pictures of the new one

That is a valid question.

Didn't Soul have a seed shop in Amsterdam in the 90s and wouldn't people that were their know who he was ?

If any are interested like i posted lots of early posts by Mr Saul in the Vic High forum that is now archived.

Fitzera

I've grown the newer feminized version. It was a decent plant but the descriptions and pictures of past did not equal what I grew. Not at all. As such I believe, as most others seem to, that what is currently being sold is not the original. Maybe related somehow but not from the original parental stock. And if it is, he went sideways somewhere with it.

While I can't physically smell and smoke what Lost is showing us here, it has the look of the original that ive seen, best representation I've seen in a long time.

Stocktont

Veteran
A lot of people were on Cannabis World, Overgrow and also read Vic’s forum (BCGA) and that is the reason they are not really impressed with the ”new MrSoul” or his re-release of C99 and other varieties as people grew the originals, grew a lot of versions after the original Brothers Grimm closed their business in 2002.

For some arriving after this in 2002 or say 2003 it’s not as clear. It’s also not making anyone look smarter trying to argue and putting it in question form like ”Didn’t Soul have a seed shop in Amsterdam….?” and so on. It just highlighting ignorance on the topic. LOL. Tell us more about this shop, LOL. And referring to a video of the ”new MrSoul” as some sort of evidence that he’s got the real C99 is like referring to the bible saying ”look it says Jesus really existed right here”…. hope that didn’t ruffle too many feathers.

LostTribe great photos!

Stocktont

Veteran
I've grown the newer feminized version. It was a decent plant but the descriptions and pictures of past did not equal what I grew. Not at all. As such I believe, as most others seem to, that what is currently being sold is not the original. Maybe related somehow but not from the original parental stock. And if it is, he went sideways somewhere with it.

While I can't physically smell and smoke what Lost is showing us here, it has the look of the original that ive seen, best representation I've seen in a long time.

Exactly, totally agree!

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
My response was to this question if it matters.
I have asked the question many times, how do we know the man currently calling himself "Mr. Soul" is the same man that sold the seeds 22 years ago?

Hate comes from ignorance Stocktont and you sure have a lot of that in your responses.

Lost is growing and making copy's of Souls work lets keep it on topic shall we as i know you love going off on a tangent.

Is the new C99 different highly possible many other lines from many other breeders over the past decade or two have changed Simon alone has had 3 different versions of Kali mist since 1986.

Attacking the breeder you got your seed from your now reproducing seed of is productive how ?

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Did you guys know ?

Brothers Grimm Seeds was Founded in 1996 as a partnership between retailer Heaven's Stairway and Mr. Soul and Sly,

In 2002, the company abruptly closed due to security concerns. For many years after our seeds were no longer available until In 2015, he met Duke Diamond and together they developed a concrete plan to resurrect Brothers Grimm in Colorado.

Makes sense and why Joey and Fet did the BG repros threw Heaven's Stairway (Cannabis World )

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
geez here we go again ,
hempy these guys know what they are talking about ,
and we all grew lots of c99 in the day and know well the story of its inception etc ,
heck i even made a line based off it called f5 pineapple and sold it in the times you say there were none available ,
your posts are not very useful and provocative as is often the case ,
lt , let me know if you want anything deleted and ill be happy to do it rather than spoiling a good thread with useless debate as happens a lot when our resident haze "expert" gets involved ...

Stocktont

Veteran
My response was to this question if it matters.

Hate comes from ignorance Stocktont and you sure have a lot of that in your responses.

Lost is growing and making copy's of Souls work lets keep it on topic shall we as i know you love going off on a tangent.

Is the new C99 different highly possible many other lines from many other breeders over the past decade or two have changed Simon alone has had 3 different versions of Kali mist since 1986.

Attacking the breeder you got your seed from your now reproducing seed of is productive how ?

Nah, no hate but it’s getting old with you treading around in water that seem too deep for your swimming skills… so you can’t give any details about that ”store in Amsterdam” as I thought, LOL… maybe I should put this into Hempy narrative (imagine me with the funniest face I can make and a silly voice) ”how many C99 have you grown Hempy” hahaha yes, now in the narrative of the Soup Nazi: No soup for you! Next!

Most are also aware how the reincarnation of the new Brothers Grimm happened, where is it now?

The Kali Mist 1986 date is a type-o right or are you confused about Serious Seeds and when they started too?

Last edited:

Stocktont

Veteran
geez here we go again ,
hempy these guys know what they are talking about ,
and we all grew lots of c99 in the day and know well the story of its inception etc ,
heck i even made a line based off it called f5 pineapple and sold it in the times you say there were none available ,
your posts are not very useful and provocative as is often the case ,
lt , let me know if you want anything deleted and ill be happy to do it rather than spoiling a good thread with useless debate as happens a lot when our resident haze "expert" gets involved ...

I ran across a picture from another IC Mag grower that grew out some Wally C99 and I really loved the look of it, reminded me a lot about the type of C99 female I usually look for. Can’t remember who the grower here was so big sorry to that person for not giving the props and for posting his/her picture but it was a real nice picture and a real nice expression in my mind. Also Mosca’s description of Wally C99 sounded just like the route I like.

LostTribe sorry for clogging up your thread!

Click image for larger version  Name:	Wally D C99.jpg Views:	0 Size:	189.6 KB ID:	18090228

Reef vs Wally C99 acc to Mosca.png