What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cinderella 99 The Come Back

Sub24ox7

08B43AA3-82C2-482F-8EB5-571D3F5B333A.jpeg
Ok I cut the top, I don’t remember how long it took but it’s from seed(I usually count time flowered as a cutting thrown straight into flower).

LostTribe

Premium user
I am not sure whats going on now I cant even figure out how to post new pics.

Cinderella #1
fetch?id=18061504.jpg
Cinderella #1 at 3w
fetch?photoid=18061487.jpg

And last but not least a very interesting new Cinderella99
fetch?photoid=18061488.jpg

Her Aura is developing!
fetch?photoid=18061489.jpg

Looking great Sub!
LT

LostTribe

Premium user
Here's a day 33 bloom pic of a tester C99 #4 x #1rev my buddy is running looking pretty nice if I do say so myself. What do you guys think? Looks like its going to be a quick one.

Attachments

• photo2108435.jpg
    photo2108435.jpg
    182.3 KB · Views: 26
  • fetch?photoid=18062511.jpg
    fetch?photoid=18062511.jpg
    182.6 KB · Views: 36

Muleskinner

Veteran
looks good! that day 33 plant looks like a darker-leaved pheno I see with slightly leafier buds. I love the way the calyxes swell up during the last 2 weeks with C99, seems like it packs it on more at the end than other strains. Looking through these pictures, all these plants look the same as mine, this strain does breed true. Here's a week 7 pic of one of my GN04-offspring C99's....

Click image for larger version  Name:	picture.jpg Views:	0 Size:	114.9 KB ID:	18063483

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
That looks a bit more like the fast I just did.
Report:
Tastes right. I had forgot what was coming, but as soon as I smoked it, It was a flashback to a friend who did C99 for a number of years.
Hits satisfyingly sedate. No mangled brain. No paranoia or anxiety. Not in the top 10 of sleep inducing weeds, but very close.
Yield was high. It was a little bit too susceptible to mold, which is what had it coming down at little over 7 weeks. It needed no longer though. It was a 7 week strain anyway.
It's here for a second run, which is my standard trial length. I already know it's staying longer, but I'm not sure it's pushing anything else out.

LostTribe

Premium user

What out for balls my whole pack was hermie and they start to show about 40 days or so watch the tops. Its also C99 x Lemon Thai not pure fwiw, they used to say that on the female seeds website. I imagine the hermie issues are from whatever they have outcrossed it with as I have not found a single other C99 that has had intersex issues, ever.

LostTribe

Premium user
This is the new statement which continues to change. I'd like to note that its even more suspect now as they are adding Durban Poison to the mix. Additionally, Heavens Stairway was the only distributor other than the grimm site, both of which began selling C99 first in 2001 not 1999 as FMS and someone else has claimed. Ferry was the breeder for GN03 C99 f2 which I loved greatly but sadly this is not anything like the GNO3. It does in fact contain some c99 just not pure.

FMS website:
"Ferry actually first started working on this strain back in 1999 and the first batch he produced of this amazing variety were regular seeds for a different seedbank."

FMS website "The origins are difficult to establish, but it was a long flowering Sweet Tai landrace crossed with a short flowering Sativa. Most likely, the Durban Poison."

Popey

Veteran
Don't read what is written on the FemaleSeeds website. They change their strain's descriptions every few years. Stories about Thai, Durban is a bullshit. I stopped buying seeds from writers fairy tales.

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
I have 5 Hazeman C99 bushes going into flower next week. They absolutely reek. Rumor has it they are Bros Grimm F2. I emailed Haze and he confirmed that. Beautiful plants. I'll get some pics up tomorrow when I take clones.

Muleskinner

Veteran
. Its also C99 x Lemon Thai not pure fwiw, they used to say that on the female seeds website. I imagine the hermie issues are from whatever they have outcrossed it with as I have not found a single other C99 that has had intersex issues, ever.

That's too bad LostTribe, sounds like it would have been a great cross. Agree, all the C99 I've grown is very hermi-resistant. My original seeds from BG (through H.S. around 2001) did have a tendency to show a sterile banana or two in the flowers after week 7, but it was nothing. Out of 2 ounces of dried bud there might be a half-dozen bananas.

I can't remember what generation of "GN" seeds mine were at this point. The seeds weren't that great, I have found that my F2, F3, and F4's are better quality that the original GN just with me making some very simple selections out of the offspring. The originals had a weak pheno that would show up about 1/3rd of the time, it seems to be gone from the seeds I made. I usually select males & females for vigor and health so that could explain it.

Who sells the best C99 seeds today? I wish I knew. I'm eager to experiment with a couple recent breeder packs I'm holding - one is actually a C99 5-pack from Dynasty Seeds. Should be interesting to see what Professor P has done w/ the strain. The others are from "Fleur de Mal" seeds, I've seen pictures of them grown-out and they look really nice and like the originals

LostTribe

Premium user
I can't remember what generation of "GN" seeds mine were at this point. The seeds weren't that great, I have found that my F2, F3, and F4's are better quality that the original GN just with me making some very simple selections out of the offspring. The originals had a weak pheno that would show up about 1/3rd of the time, it seems to be gone from the seeds I made. I usually select males & females for vigor and health so that could explain it.

The Gypsy Nirvana '03 release I got around '04 was in a black seeds direct package with a round clear plastic bubble pop up type deal, they were F2 marked on the pack.

I think if anyone is holding older c99 they should of course do open pollenations but this will give the result of more varied populations. Most likely issues we see from the line these days are from seed makers not using a large enough population. 1 to 1 matings give rise to a narrower variety of characteristics within their progency. I think if seed makers had used a larger male population that the lines would be better than they are today, even if the female population was limited to selected moms. That Is the easy way to do it.

Nevil mostly did 1 to 1 matings but before you can finalize one of these generations you must run the progency to maturity and if they dont work you must start over and continue working the previous generation. Most seed makers are not testing anything themselves prior to release and have no intention of actual breeding, which is why if we are to spend our hard earned money on any seed releases it should only be done on things that have been done with higher population numbers. Preservationist should always utilize open pollenations of as many numbers as possible. It doesnt have to be thousands of plants, but the more the better in my honest opinion.

I have experienced this when I took my SFV x AJ's to F3. The f2's I made were an open pollenation with a minimum of a few males included. These turned out even nicer than the P1 stock which they came from. As the f2 aged and germination rates started to decline I guess I sort of panicked and was only able to finish a 1 to 1 mating before the germination rate went to 0%. Parent selection at that time was not ideal. At the time I didnt have access to constant refrigeration for seed keeping. This 1 to 1 mating has caused me great headaches as the f3's are much narrower and the super WLD plants which were a high percentage of the f2 generation are much harder to find. These f3's still produce the fat leaved heavy dank lemon pinesol pheno's but at a very very low rate. Not ideal and something I hope to fix with any future generations.

It has really made me rethink the proper way to preserve seed. Recently Tom Hill was discussing preserving the THH and was adamant that the only way to go about it was to use as many as you can. In the future any preservation should be done accordingly.

Sorry, not sorry about the ranting! Haha! Cheers!
LT

Muleskinner

Veteran
good points LT, I know I'm just making crosses in my tents, not breeding. My goal is just to get some seeds and avoid paying $100 a pack for more! I don't have the capacity to preserve this strain for posterity. Supposedly Dynasty selects parents from 100+ plants because it's a commercial farm. That's true "breeding", or at least the opportunity to do it.

I'm not in a good place with most cannabis "breeders" today, I feel like the inflated prices for seeds, with cultivation now legal, is price gouging. I won't be buying any more breeder packs until prices come down to sensible level. Also I probably have more breeder packs in the fridge than I can possibly grow in this lifetime 😄😄

LostTribe

Premium user
That's too bad LostTribe, sounds like it would have been a great cross. Agree, all the C99 I've grown is very hermi-resistant. My original seeds from BG (through H.S. around 2001) did have a tendency to show a sterile banana or two in the flowers after week 7, but it was nothing. Out of 2 ounces of dried bud there might be a half-dozen bananas.

Who sells the best C99 seeds today? I wish I knew. I'm eager to experiment with a couple recent breeder packs I'm holding - one is actually a C99 5-pack from Dynasty Seeds. Should be interesting to see what Professor P has done w/ the strain. The others are from "Fleur de Mal" seeds, I've seen pictures of them grown-out and they look really nice and like the originals

How would you describe the weak plants from the GN's? Sort of reminds me of a couple I had under a MH back then that were slow and didnt have any taste.

The other females that stood out were very different from each other. My favorite was like a sort of tart sweet tropical hawaiian punch growing on a short plant with not much leaf and thick round buds. The other was a darker plant much skinnier growth with a different sort of sweet fruitieness, this one was also low yield and had the floppy branching.

LostTribe

Premium user
looks good! that day 33 plant looks like a darker-leaved pheno I see with slightly leafier buds. I love the way the calyxes swell up during the last 2 weeks with C99, seems like it packs it on more at the end than other strains. Looking through these pictures, all these plants look the same as mine, this strain does breed true. Here's a week 7 pic of one of my GN04-offspring C99's....

I didnt see this pic. Is that the one I asked you about a while back? Looks great! What sort of smells did you find in these and the GN seeds? How long is the bloom on these?

My comments about the current state of seed sales were not directed at you sorry if it sounded like that I was just rehashing what I have found in most of the things I've bought. Have a good one!

Cheers!
LT

guanito2

I never had a problem w/FS and I've been using them for 20 years.

Attachments

• photo2109578.jpg
    photo2109578.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 40
  • photo2109579.jpg
    photo2109579.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 24
  • photo2109580.jpg
    photo2109580.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 26

Muleskinner

Veteran
I didnt see this pic. Is that the one I asked you about a while back? Looks great! What sort of smells did you find in these and the GN seeds? How long is the bloom on these?

My comments about the current state of seed sales were not directed at you sorry if it sounded like that I was just rehashing what I have found in most of the things I've bought. Have a good one!

Cheers!
LT

The GN seeds were pretty much the same as the BG originals - tropical fruits taste & smells. They finish flowering right around Day 51,52,53. The weak pheno has the same fruity taste, it was just a weak plant, didn't veg well, yellowed out & died before the other phenos in flower. Just seemed like a weak runt. I fed the seeds from that mother to the birds - they enjoyed it! The seeds I have now are descended from the other 2 mother plants.

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
Little update. I have to stop growing the c99 fv. It stinks. It's got a strong citrus twist to it, that's getting through two filters and onto the street. Admittedly one is a rhino, but it's only one of 8 plants in a meter. Yet it's the one getting through the most.
Shame. I have kept it as a cutting, but I really don't know why.