What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cinderella 99 The Come Back

Sub24ox7

F6577FAA-E45D-4BFB-8280-0DDDBAF30A5B.jpeg
C99 from lost tribe

LostTribe

Premium user
C99 from lost tribe

Looking great keep us updated! Which selection are these?

I did a germ test on some of my older stock and they looked very uniform. There's a C99 #1 that was hit with some of its own F2 male pollen to create a backcross. Only did a few. I wanted to have more males to choose from. Have about 30 seeds from the #1 F2 generation. I have a lot of the #4. Cracked open some 4 yesterday and its nice. Its hard to choose between the 2. They are sort of opposite ends of the Cindy spectrum.

The f2 C99 also pollenated some pure haze selections along with an A5.

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
rubarb that is the first, it is amazing the diff flavors that come out of cannabis...:)

I guess a product of crossing it for speed then. I probably won't get a cindy99 out of this, which was on my mind as the supplier no longer stocks it.

While most of my plants are up and away. Trunk with branches look to them all. The cindy looks more like... a lettuce. It's not as bad as a high light DWC plant, but it's not looking like a keeper. Everything about it says Indica. Beside it, my critical looks like a Sat. Not sat upon.

Sub24ox7

LostTribe Cindy99 #4 x reversed #1
one of the 6 seeds had the end cracked off and did not germ. 2 of them were really ready to pop lol(they were 2 inch long sprouts totally popped out of their shells within the first 3 days of soaking.

chakras

Hi LostTribe,

Not to ask you to give up any trade secrets, but we area all here to learn...

Can you please explain what were the specific characteristics of each mother plant that led to your decision to cull the others (i.e. not breed them), and how many seeds did you initially use to start in the batch where you finally made your determination? I have a friend who is now a week out from starting into the process, who I am actively helping out, hands on, with the requisite packs you likewise used, until I am able to get everything up and running with the permanency I described earlier for myself.

If you can specifically inform:
1.) How many seeds you used to start out?
2.) What was the characteristic or characteristics of the male you used, and/or what were you looking for when choosing (smell, structure, color/trichomes, speed of flowering, etc)?
3.) What exactly were the characteristic you were looking for, and ultimately chose, for your two mother female plants, # 1 and # 4 (smell, structure, speed of growth/rooting, first to flower, etc)?

One never knows when giving helpful information to another whether they may be able to improve on what we did. To the best extent possible, I/we are trying to duplicate the variables in your results.

Thanks very kindly for your time and information. It will be well used and regarded.

Best, chakras

Hey again LostTribe:

Well, you can only ask politely and see if there is a response. I don't do the "low man on the totem pole high man" game. And, I haven't met a water-walker yet, LOL! Of course if you do not care to reply that is your business. I have some FDM C99 up and running, so was interested in any advice regarding question # 2 and # 3 from above:

2.) What was the characteristic or characteristics of the male you used, and/or what were you looking for when choosing (smell, structure, color/trichomes, speed of flowering, etc)?
3.) What exactly were the characteristic you were looking for, and ultimately chose, for your two mother female plants, # 1 and # 4 (smell, structure, speed of growth/rooting, first to flower, etc)?

Anyway, if I don't hear back this time I will mosey on my way. The reason I asked is that you seem to have more direct experience with Cindy per se than I do, though I have worked with her relatives. I believe you can easily find a steller Cindy99 (likely equal to your two keepers) in FDM's current batch of grabs. You got yours by random luck, right? No reason to discount or make something uniquely special if it's not. To think otherwise is to ignore the obvious, and where the original source of the FDM stock we both have came from. Yup. I'll carry on either way...

Best, chakras :dance013:

Last edited:

LostTribe

Premium user
Hey again LostTribe:

Well, you can only ask politely and see if there is a response. I don't do the "low man on the totem pole high man" game. And, I haven't met a water-walker yet, LOL! Of course if you do not care to reply that is your business. I have some FDM C99 up and running, so was interested in any advice regarding question # 2 and # 3 from above:

Anyway, if I don't hear back this time I will mosey on my way. The reason I asked is that you seem to have more direct experience with Cindy per se than I do, though I have worked with her relatives. I believe you can easily find a steller Cindy99 (likely equal to your two keepers) in FDM's current batch of grabs. You got yours by random luck, right? No reason to discount or make something uniquely special if it's not. To think otherwise is to ignore the obvious, and where the original source of the FDM stock we both have came from. Yup. I'll carry on either way...

Best, chakras :dance013:

First off I don't get on here that much and I don't look at all the messages. As I explained before to you the answers to those questions are contained is in the thread and its very complex and would take me a great deal of time to rehash again for you. To surmise.

My goal was to keep things as close to the original P.97 as possible was my obvious goal. Effect, Flavor, Appearance, Structure, ect.

The males I have chosen always looked structure wise as close to original c99 as I could find within which ever particular stock I was looking thru. I have not released any seed from regular matings only reversals from #1 fem pollen but I have f2 and bx1 now if I want to look further. Always good to have some males as far back in a line as possible to have around if you want to renew your stock. Thats why I did the bx. My f2's from the #1 mom were extremely uniform in vegetative growth but were only sprouted for bx1 and were then culled. Also accidentally hit several pure haze.

The Cinderella #1 is most like the very first original C99 I ever ran from original P.97 stock from Heavens Stairway. The #4 was is one of the raciest Cindy's I've ran in along time and it looks like the pics that CR500 posted in the last 2 pages from a quote. You would have had to have grown P.97 stock and smoked it to understand what traits I look for and these two plants are far above the plethora of others I have had the pleasure of checking out over the past 15 or so years. If you refer to post #1 there is a lot of info there showing the particularities of the selections available in years past.

LostTribe

Premium user
I guess a product of crossing it for speed then. I probably won't get a cindy99 out of this, which was on my mind as the supplier no longer stocks it.

While most of my plants are up and away. Trunk with branches look to them all. The cindy looks more like... a lettuce. It's not as bad as a high light DWC plant, but it's not looking like a keeper. Everything about it says Indica. Beside it, my critical looks like a Sat. Not sat upon.

C99 can stay short but normally will stretch and I've never seen one that looked like a pure indica as in deep chunk or a kush type variety. They have very distinct leaves and grow like a sativa on indica structure. Some like the #4 which stretches are known to have to be tied up at the end of bloom as they get very long and heavy. I am not able to access my old pics. You might find them in my pics.

chakras

First off I don't get on here that much and I don't look at all the messages. As I explained before to you the answers to those questions are contained is in the thread and its very complex and would take me a great deal of time to rehash again for you. To surmise.

My goal was to keep things as close to the original P.97 as possible was my obvious goal. Effect, Flavor, Appearance, Structure, ect.

The males I have chosen always looked structure wise as close to original c99 as I could find within which ever particular stock I was looking thru. I have not released any seed from regular matings only reversals from #1 fem pollen but I have f2 and bx1 now if I want to look further. Always good to have some males as far back in a line as possible to have around if you want to renew your stock. Thats why I did the bx. My f2's from the #1 mom were extremely uniform in vegetative growth but were only sprouted for bx1 and were then culled. Also accidentally hit several pure haze.

The Cinderella #1 is most like the very first original C99 I ever ran from original P.97 stock from Heavens Stairway. The #4 was is one of the raciest Cindy's I've ran in along time and it looks like the pics that CR500 posted in the last 2 pages from a quote. You would have had to have grown P.97 stock and smoked it to understand what traits I look for and these two plants are far above the plethora of others I have had the pleasure of checking out over the past 15 or so years. If you refer to post #1 there is a lot of info there showing the particularities of the selections available in years past.

Hi LostTribe,

Thanks for the reply! And, I know we are all busy and stuff gets missed.

I partook of Cindy99 in its original form - actually a clone of it, a very long time ago. Too long ago to remember, other than to remember it was psychedelic in the best of ways (I was younger then and enjoyed that). Now I prefer a good pre-98 bubba, or there are a few strains I have cultivated that have almost zero paranoia when partaking. I have original Vortex (frozen), F2's, and BX (refrigerated), and that resembles your #4 in spades. I know a lot of folks that absolutely love it, and cannot get enough, so I understood completely when you were talking about being very careful with that and almost avoiding it. I outgrew the desire for that effect (actually my brain did), and now I stick to strains I know will give me only a known relaxing effect. And, I am a lightweight now anyway (sigh...).

Your #1 is actually what I am looking for, the Classic Cindy in all the best of ways, and wondered if there was any telltale structural differences that made it stand out or differentiated it, or was that something you did not discover until well into flowering. I realize full well from my own experience that may well have been the case, but wanted to ask if you noticed something that stuck out in your mind, either before or after the fact, anyway. You basically choose males the same way that I do.

All the best, chakras

Last edited:

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
Couple of pics. On the left the Cindy99 fast version. On the right, Killer Kush fast version. Then a close up of how unhappy it always is. I should know why.. but I forget. It's getting all I'm giving it, so if it won't snap out of it, It's not suitable.
99vOG.jpg
c99unhappy.jpg
c99vOG.jpg

LostTribe

Premium user
Hi LostTribe,

Thanks for the reply! And, I know we are all busy and stuff gets missed.

I partook of Cindy99 in its original form - actually a clone of it, a very long time ago. Too long ago to remember, other than to remember it was psychedelic in the best of ways (I was younger then and enjoyed that). Now I prefer a good pre-98 bubba, or there are a few strains I have cultivated that have almost zero paranoia when partaking. I have original Vortex (frozen), F2's, and BX (refrigerated), and that resembles your #4 in spades. I know a lot of folks that absolutely love it, and cannot get enough, so I understood completely when you were talking about being very careful with that and almost avoiding it. I outgrew the desire for that effect (actually my brain did), and now I stick to strains I know will give me only a known relaxing effect. And, I am a lightweight now anyway (sigh...).

Your #1 is actually what I am looking for, the Classic Cindy in all the best of ways, and wondered if there was any telltale structural differences that made it stand out or differentiated it, or was that something you did not discover until well into flowering. I realize full well from my own experience that may well have been the case, but wanted to ask if you noticed something that stuck out in your mind, either before or after the fact, anyway. You basically choose males the same way that I do.

All the best, chakras

So yes for the #1 its a lot like even GNO3 where I found one plant which was shorter and slower in veg and didn't want to stretch maybe .5-1x stretch. They both also only throw 5 bladed leaves at least for me and the budding is denser and tighter in itself but also not stretching the full length of the internodes. Also not like a full forearm donkey dick which I do have w the 4. 1 definitely yield low/midlow while the 4 is pretty abundant.

The effects are still psychedelic and haze influenced but its more of a joyous experience. I still remember the originals being a bit sweeter and better tasting but these 2 are still citrusy or sweet compared to any others I've ran from the list on post #1. They do not have a piss or hay taste not even burnt rubber. Some of the siblings had burnt rubber even a bit of that grassiness so not sure if I got lucky or it was just meant to be. That is the sole reason some made there way to the server fund. Hopefully something like that will happen again at some point. I'm only in this for the trip.

blessings
LT

LostTribe

Premium user
All of those characteristics are aside from the most important, effects. Of course its a fast flowering plant heavily influenced by haze. Its strong stuff and its functional, maybe not for everyone, but I find it motivating and pretty trippy sometimes. It gets me higher than Ohaze but it doesn't last as long and is not quite as psychadelic as long 14-16 week Haze can be but it takes 7.5 weeks too. The earlier you pull it the more racy it gets but I don't really do that except for testing anymore. Still a much preferred experience to indica leaning stoney couch lock cultivars.

chakras

All of those characteristics are aside from the most important, effects. Of course its a fast flowering plant heavily influenced by haze. Its strong stuff and its functional, maybe not for everyone, but I find it motivating and pretty trippy sometimes. It gets me higher than Ohaze but it doesn't last as long and is not quite as psychadelic as long 14-16 week Haze can be but it takes 7.5 weeks too. The earlier you pull it the more racy it gets but I don't really do that except for testing anymore. Still a much preferred experience to indica leaning stoney couch lock cultivars.

Hi LostTribe,

Effects are everything! That is what I am sure the motivation for much of what you hunt was/is all about. Taste is also very important too, as well as the way the effects come on, and how they last. We are all looking for speed (time-wise). That is what made C99 so special compared to any of Nevil's hazes, though of course those were the basic underpinning for everything sativa. C99 was truly ahead of its time in many, many ways, which is why it became one of the legs of the sought out grail, if not arguably the main leg certainly for multitudes of indoor folks, for all the reasons we know.

The reason that I stick to indy based now is, I almost hate to say it, is paranoia. I did not even know what that was until one day when I was partaking, 30 minutes later I was experiencing a discomfort I never had before, and, not in a nice or a fun way. At all. It made me want to quit right then. And, funny it actually first appeared from an outdoor crop I had above 40 degrees latitude that finished on time (ahead of the frost). Seems odd now thinking about it, that that is what first caused that effect, especially considering the vast number and quantity of subtropical varieties I partook in over an extended period of time, much of which was extremely fresh, and devastatingly potent, given the locale. So, that is how I came to be the lightweight that I am now, who is extremely limited to just a very few known brands. And yes, mainly indy based, but with extremely limited ingestion, so as to only relax and calm. Couch lock as such is never an issue fortunately, which I have never been into either.

LostTribe

Premium user
Hi LostTribe,

Effects are everything! That is what I am sure the motivation for much of what you hunt was/is all about. Taste is also very important too, as well as the way the effects come on, and how they last. We are all looking for speed (time-wise). That is what made C99 so special compared to any of Nevil's hazes, though of course those were the basic underpinning for everything sativa. C99 was truly ahead of its time in many, many ways, which is why it became one of the legs of the sought out grail, if not arguably the main leg certainly for multitudes of indoor folks, for all the reasons we know.

The reason that I stick to indy based now is, I almost hate to say it, is paranoia. I did not even know what that was until one day when I was partaking, 30 minutes later I was experiencing a discomfort I never had before, and, not in a nice or a fun way. At all. It made me want to quit right then. And, funny it actually first appeared from an outdoor crop I had above 40 degrees latitude that finished on time (ahead of the frost). Seems odd now thinking about it, that that is what first caused that effect, especially considering the vast number and quantity of subtropical varieties I partook in over an extended period of time, much of which was extremely fresh, and devastatingly potent, given the locale. So, that is how I came to be the lightweight that I am now, who is extremely limited to just a very few known brands. And yes, mainly indy based, but with extremely limited ingestion, so as to only relax and calm. Couch lock as such is never an issue fortunately, which I have never been into either.

I had planned to hit a few THH and Todd OHaze with some pollen even before my f2 males accidentally dropped. I thought it was early enough it wouldn't take but low and behold they appear to have seeded some. The long THH hasn't started to shoot pistils yet though so may use something else to pair with that one. I was hoping for f13 but don't think it will drop quickly enough so may be the earlier c99 pollen. Wally's old pics of THH x THH x C99 look amazing. I'd like to see how the longer hazes and the c99 combine. I've had c99 x SSH and it was pretty close to c99 but longer lasting and it didn't taste good.

chakras

Thanks brother

Before any seedbank started sell Bros. Grimm gear you could buy from them direct and Cinderella 88 was on the menu. I remember a few growers growing it when I first came online 1998.

Once I harvest the genius 88 seeds you all are welcome to them. I have no intention to sell them or the Genius 99 seeds when I get their. Just a fun little project I'll gladly share with whoever wants them.

Likewise interested. ;)