What's new

Cinderella 99 The Come Back

Crazy Chester

...what I pop would be F1 beans, and hopefully some will pop. I think very good chance. I have never taken them out of where they were, and that deep freeze has been operational the whole time. It is in a cool basement on a North facing wall that is shaded, and gets very little use. I am trying to get myself ready, set up, and organized in a space so I am not so cramped I bump into my own shadow. It has been a long time coming, but will be well worth it once it gets all into place.

Good for you for keeping them that safe all these years - I think you will get the great majority of them to pop.

chakras

Good for you for keeping them that safe all these years - I think you will get the great majority of them to pop.

I thought I had read somewhere recently that T. McCormick had talked about introducing some of what allegedly was Skunkman Sam's Skunk #1 that had been frozen for as long or even longer than the A13 I have. I think Baudelaire was even on that thread where he announced his comeback - or first coming if you will. I am not sure TM he had even chucked any beans before that - maybe he had, dunno. Anyway, not to deviate too far but it shows that keeping stuff frozen retains the viability if it does not get unfrozen or changed too much for a very very long time. Very carefully unthawing it is key. It may take me a year or more to get those A13's cracked, and yes, I will be very careful to make sure I have three or four chances to get five or six to go at once, and hopefully ensure to get at least one viable male and female plant from each attempt, though I truly believe the success rate will be much higher, and that should not be a concern. Fingers crossed of course, and will stay in touch in the meantime.

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
I am not sure you are referring to me

No I wasn't.

Seems Blimburn no longer stock the fast version, but people seem to like their normal one. It's not like the Grimm one. A guy that favours it says it's not as strong. He actually does both.

I put two fasts in yesterday. Bit unsure now they don't sell it. It's done now though.

bsgospel

Bat Macumba
Veteran
I thought I had read somewhere recently that T. McCormick had talked about introducing some of what allegedly was Skunkman Sam's Skunk #1 that had been frozen for as long or even longer than the A13 I have. I think Baudelaire was even on that thread where he announced his comeback - or first coming if you will. I am not sure TM he had even chucked any beans before that - maybe he had, dunno.

They are reproductions (the Sam stuff). Mel Frank had a 96 Skunk original version that was sold as is and then a post 2000 repro which were also sold (both by Todd). I'm with you- storage and acclimatization are key. As far as I saw, no one who ever bought the 96 beans ever came back with any complaints. Shit, those of us who bought the Ancestral Skunk still get 20% on beans made in 93.

chakras

Regarding BG's original A13, I thought I had heard Bodhi had some F4 of such strain, so I did not think I was alone.

Correction: I think it was Mota who held the A13 F4's, and released some of them too.
Regarding BG's original A13, I thought I had heard Bodhi had some F4 of such strain, so I did not think I was alone.

Correction: I think it was Moto who held the A13 F4's, and released some of them too.

Last edited by a moderator:

chakras

Bodhi did A11 f4. They are no longer available. Can't remember the A13 but pretty sure subcool had something similar.

Yes, I believe you are correct. I heard from a trusted source, if there was such a thing in Sub's realm (I do believe this is in fact true), that Sub did actually have an original BG A13 clone that he kept alive, and it was that mother that was used when he created what he called his A13 BX using Vortex as the male. Not a true backcross of course, because he did not possess a true male A13 sibling or child. I never got any of that (A13 BX), but do have some Vortex I intend to do a real backcross on (cubing), as well as taking it to a minimum of F4. My hopes are that is a very worthwhile project, that also has Cindy99 genetics in it.

LostTribe

Premium user
Yes, I believe you are correct. I heard from a trusted source, if there was such a thing in Sub's realm (I do believe this is in fact true), that Sub did actually have an original BG A13 clone that he kept alive, and it was that mother that was used when he created what he called his A13 BX using Vortex as the male. Not a true backcross of course, because he did not possess a true male A13 sibling or child. I never got any of that (A13 BX), but do have some Vortex I intend to do a real backcross on (cubing), as well as taking it to a minimum of F4. My hopes are that is a very worthwhile project, that also has Cindy99 genetics in it.

Welcome to IC! Once you get to 50 posts I think you will gain access to direct messaging in case you have any questions or recommedations on starting old seed. Trust me those seeds you hold will produce some amazing plants if you are able to get them to germinate.

LT

chakras

Welcome to IC! Once you get to 50 posts I think you will gain access to direct messaging in case you have any questions or recommedations on starting old seed. Trust me those seeds you hold will produce some amazing plants if you are able to get them to germinate.

LT

They have all been very well taken care of, in the utmost of ways. Trust.
I have some of each I described in suspended animation (just like the A13).
The others have been held hermetically sealed at 40 F. So, all is very good.
I have been waiting for a while, and need a little a while longer. Patience.
Been around a few blocks, but am always open to new valuable information. :ying:
...Trust me those seeds you hold will produce some amazing plants if you are able to get them to germinate.

LT

They have all been very well taken care of, in the utmost of ways. Trust.
I have some of each I described in suspended animation (just like the A13).
The others have been held hermetically sealed at 40 F. So, all is very good.
I have been waiting for a while, and need a little while longer. Patience.
Been around a few blocks, but always open to new valuable information.

Please pardon the duplicity of some of posts. It is not intentional.

I am a creature of word correction, and am without edit "privileges".

I guess the only benefit is that it helps me to get to 50 posts sooner! :ying:

Last edited by a moderator:

chakras

Thank you, whoever you are, for combining my posts.
I do try to self-correct my thoughts and spelling.
And, I am really in no rush to get to fifty posts, LOL.
It will happen soon enough on its own, I am sure.:ying:

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
The Blimburn fasts are up. Not exciting news itself, but promises some pics and reports in the future.
TBH I have not had a good smoke of Cindy. I'm looking for some Jack taste in my fasts collection though. So I have to have a look at it myself. Perhaps what I have seen wasn't even Cindy.

chakras

The Blimburn fasts are up. Not exciting news itself, but promises some pics and reports in the future.
TBH I have not had a good smoke of Cindy. I'm looking for some Jack taste in my fasts collection though. So I have to have a look at it myself. Perhaps what I have seen wasn't even Cindy.

GL in your endeavor.
Gems have come from very inauspicious endeavors.
Look at Cindy99 mother for example, Princess.
Who'd have thought that would come from "bag seed". :ying:

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
cindy.jpg

There she is. A Blimburn Cindy99 Fast. Though she's gone from their catalogue, others have a fast Cindy that may be the same.
6" below a citizen cob at 9w, making ~280ppfd 29c 60%. It's sibling below in coco has washed out. I could of nursed it, but this Terra plant was so much better, I ended my selection process within days. It's getting 3ml per liter of Plagron, which is a 5ml per liter feed at full strength. It's only in an inch of dirt. I will top it up now the stretch is over.

I have no idea how a Cindy should look. I will try and post again when it's got some proper leaves.

LostTribe

Premium user
I have no idea how a Cindy should look. I will try and post again when it's got some proper leaves.

Hard to say without more time a friend has some at 4th node and I see C99 in all of them. Post up some more down the line!

chakras

Hi LostTribe,

Not to ask you to give up any trade secrets, but we area all here to learn...

Can you please explain what were the specific characteristics of each mother plant that led to your decision to cull the others (i.e. not breed them), and how many seeds did you initially use to start in the batch where you finally made your determination? I have a friend who is now a week out from starting into the process, who I am actively helping out, hands on, with the requisite packs you likewise used, until I am able to get everything up and running with the permanency I described earlier for myself.

If you can specifically inform:
1.) How many seeds you used to start out?
2.) What was the characteristic or characteristics of the male you used, and/or what were you looking for when choosing (smell, structure, color/trichomes, speed of flowering, etc)?
3.) What exactly were the characteristic you were looking for, and ultimately chose, for your two mother female plants, # 1 and # 4 (smell, structure, speed of growth/rooting, first to flower, etc)?

One never knows when giving helpful information to another whether they may be able to improve on what we did. To the best extent possible, I/we are trying to duplicate the variables in your results.

Thanks very kindly for your time and information. It will be well used and regarded.

Best, chakras

west-eu

Smoke report on the C99 f6 line: the smell go from sour pineapple to very sour grapefruit slightly sweet, but the somke is very sweet ... Candy flavor and the effect is pretty clear up

Here is a cross of me C99 f6 keeper x Headbanger #14 ( lovely smell almost space queeny ) i like it !

fetch?photoid=17964741.jpg

fetch?photoid=17964742.jpg

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
Mine's totally rubarb. I couldn't place it at first, thinking rubber, but it's rubarb. It has that nasil quality of vinegar almost. A bitter acidic note, I have not smelt in some years. It very compact for jack related genetics. Fat overlapping leaf blades, that are on the short side for their width. It's a little slow though.

Fast version