What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

:::::::Christian Fellowship- Bible Verse of the Day--Please Contribute:::::::

Status
Not open for further replies.

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
Matthew 6:22

The light of the body is the eye: if
therefore thine eye be single, thy
whole body shall be full of light.

..... the problem I have with the Bible is that there is no one definitive Bible, just different versions of confusing translations and various 'Wisemen' interpreting what 'really' is being said and meant.

The passage above is a good example, there's a lot more to it than appears on the surface, but you'll never find out the secret of this hidden gem from any of the Christian faith-based religions serving up kool-aid while their flock awaits death before they get to (hopefully, gotta have faith!) go to Heaven and see God.:tiphat:

Hermanthegerman

Know your rights
Veteran
Ha ha, I think I´ve got a very good verse!:)

Epheser 4:2 (Ephesians 4:2)

Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love.

W

Water-

The Prophet said, "Allah will gather the believers on the Day of Resurrection in the same way (as they are gathered in this life), and they will say, 'Let us ask someone to intercede for us with our Lord that He may relieve us from this place of ours.'
...They will go to Abraham who will reply, 'I am not fit for this undertaking,' and mention to them the mistakes he made, and add, 'But you'd better go to Moses, a slave whom Allah gave the Torah and to whom He spoke directly'
They will go to Moses who will reply, 'I am not fit for this undertaking,' and mention to them the mistakes he made, and add, 'You'd better go to Jesus, Allah's slave and His Apostle and His Word (Be: And it was) and a soul created by Him.'
They will go to Jesus who will say, 'I am not fit for this undertaking, but you'd better go to Muhammad whose sins of the past and the future had been forgiven (by Allah).' So they will come to me and I will ask the permission of my Lord, and I will be permitted (to present myself) before Him."

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
amazing how potent just the notion of God is that it evokes such vitriol which is EXACTLY as prophesied

now if only if people didn't react to the word of god as it was written

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
:laughing:.... all well and good, but which is it. an Eye for an Eye or
Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. :laughing:

We have a bit of a problem here!:tiphat:

W

Water-

amazing how potent just the notion of God is that it evokes such vitriol which is EXACTLY as prophesied

now if only if people didn't react to the word of god as it was written

well people that peddle BS shouldnt be surprised when in comes back at them.

dont mistake logic for prophecy

weedobix

ICMag Donor
Veteran
1 John 2:22

Who is the liar but he who denies that Jesus is the Christ? This is the antichrist, he who denies the Father and the Son.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
John 15 New King James Version (NKJV)

The True Vine

15 “I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser. 2 Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit He [a]takes away; and every branch that bears fruit He prunes, that it may bear more fruit. 3 You are already clean because of the word which I have spoken to you. 4 Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me.
5 “I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing. 6 If anyone does not abide in Me, he is cast out as a branch and is withered; and they gather them and throw them into the fire, and they are burned. 7 If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you[b] will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you. 8 By this My Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit; so you will be My disciples.
Love and Joy Perfected

9 “As the Father loved Me, I also have loved you; abide in My love. 10 If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father’s commandments and abide in His love.
11 “These things I have spoken to you, that My joy may remain in you, and that your joy may be full. 12 This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. 13 Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one’s life for his friends. 14 You are My friends if you do whatever I command you. 15 No longer do I call you servants, for a servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all things that I heard from My Father I have made known to you. 16 You did not choose Me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit, and that your fruit should remain, that whatever you ask the Father in My name He may give you. 17 These things I command you, that you love one another.
The World’s Hatred

18 “If the world hates you, you know that it hated Me before it hated you. 19 If you were of the world, the world would love its own. Yet because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you. 20 Remember the word that I said to you, ‘A servant is not greater than his master.’ If they persecuted Me, they will also persecute you. If they kept My word, they will keep yours also. 21 But all these things they will do to you for My name’s sake, because they do not know Him who sent Me. 22 If I had not come and spoken to them, they would have no sin, but now they have no excuse for their sin. 23 He who hates Me hates My Father also. 24 If I had not done among them the works which no one else did, they would have no sin; but now they have seen and also hated both Me and My Father. 25 But this happened that the word might be fulfilled which is written in their law, ‘They hated Me without a cause.’
The Coming Rejection

26 “But when the [c]Helper comes, whom I shall send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth who proceeds from the Father, He will testify of Me. 27 And you also will bear witness, because you have been with Me from the beginning.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Who is the liar but he who denies that Jesus is the Christ? This is the antichrist, he who denies the Father and the Son.

Woah, you beat me to it brother! I was thinking about that yesterday, and it was going to be the next verse of the day! Thanks for sharing that verse! :smoke:

1 John 2:18-23

Deceptions of the Last Hour

18 Little children, it is the last hour; and as you have heard that the[d] Antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have come, by which we know that it is the last hour. 19 They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would have continued with us; but they went out that they might be made manifest, that none of them were of us.
20 But you have an anointing from the Holy One, and you[e] know all things. 21 I have not written to you because you do not know the truth, but because you know it, and that no lie is of the truth.
22 Who is a liar but he who denies that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist who denies the Father and the Son. 23 Whoever denies the Son does not have the Father either; he who acknowledges the Son has the Father also.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Mathew 18:19

Please post the text of your verse of the day so it doesn't have to be looked up! Thanks for sharing, brother!

Just type in the book and chapter and whatever version you want into a search engine. I like to have the verse of the day posted with the entire paragraph or section, so its visible in the intended context. You can copy and paste or just type it out. By typing it out, you may receive the truth better! :smoke:

Matthew 18:15-20

Dealing with a Sinning Brother

15 “Moreover if your brother sins against you, go and tell him his fault between you and him alone. If he hears you, you have gained your brother. 16 But if he will not hear, take with you one or two more, that ‘by the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established.’ 17 And if he refuses to hear them, tell it to the church. But if he refuses even to hear the church, let him be to you like a heathen and a tax collector.
18 “Assuredly, I say to you, whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.
19 “Again[d] I say to you that if two of you agree on earth concerning anything that they ask, it will be done for them by My Father in heaven. 20 For where two or three are gathered together in My name, I am there in the midst of them.”

White Beard

And so you separate yourselves in judgment against your brothers and sisters, dividing your house and showing not the love of Christ for the children of the Father: you harden your hearts, and set yourselves against them; you fall into error, heeding those who feed your division. And so, righteousness is lost.

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
well people that peddle BS shouldnt be surprised when in comes back at them.

dont mistake logic for prophecy

A thread inviting those of like minds to share in said likeness isn't peddling and if it was proselytizing it would have to occur outside this thread

But I do agree your emotional attainment to trolling this thread is completely illogical and based on logic if it wasn't as prophesied you simply wouldn't be here because there would be no meaning of value to attract you be it negative or positive

Imma Bri

Mark 4:34 King James Version (KJV)

34 But without a parable spake he not unto them: and when they were alone, he expounded all things to his disciples.

W

Water-

A thread inviting those of like minds to share in said likeness isn't peddling and if it was proselytizing it would have to occur outside this thread

But I do agree your emotional attainment to trolling this thread is completely illogical and based on logic if it wasn't as prophesied you simply wouldn't be here because there would be no meaning of value to attract you be it negative or positive

Biblical prophecy coming true through me !!! :laughing:

I had no idea you were a religious extremist that interprets the bible literally.

Should I keep my eye out for the four horseman of the appocalypse also?

How do you judge the value of my contributions, weird?
How do you know why I am here?
typical fanatical christian bullshit.
you know nothing about me

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
Biblical prophecy coming true through me !!! :laughing:

I had no idea you were a religious extremist that interprets the bible literally.

Should I keep my eye out for the four horseman of the appocalypse also?

If Christianity is meaningless there should be no meaning there is literally nothing to react to.

This thread is purely voluntary so to enter and then negatively react to it is an exercise in self deprecation and the deprecation of others.

Thoughts and perceptions do not make one an extremist, actions do.

What you should do is lose the notion that you understand the value people get from something that does not make sense to you because that is the source of your frustration.

It would be no different for me to go into hydro threads and admonish people for their methodology.

tl:dr Why don't you show us on the chart where jesus hurt your feelings so bad you insist on being asshole to those who believe in him?

beta

Veteran
The difference between "I'll pray for this person because I think they are misguided and unhappy" and "being a passive aggressive condescending asshole" has always been whether or not you feel the need to tell them that you're praying for them.

hiJtlYa.jpg

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
and for the record I am a humanist who understand the diversity of belief is a product of p=g+e

I don't judge phenotype I just smoke em

Status
Not open for further replies.