What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Chomsky's Canna Coco Chocolope Kush push

DJXX

Veteran
Incredible pics there Chomsky...looks like the football shaped buds i had growing Chronic...might have to get me some chocolope..DJXX

chomsky

might have to get me some chocolope..DJXX

I haven't puffed it yet but it sure looks good. The trichs already look like sugar (moreso at this point than most of my other grows) and I really blown away by the density at this point. I wish this shit didn't have to be all secret. It would be so cool if all the growers helping each other out here on IC Mag could send each other little care packages of our goods. I know none of you literally but feel like a few of you are old friends....

chomsky

Oh yeah from seed that's right, what's the deal no clones for keepers?

Well there's a 4 plant limit to avoid a felony here if I get caught. So I can't keep a mom going. I may start growing three at a time and a mother especially if this test I'm doing for Karma produces something special (and in pretty sure it will).

chomsky

Here's an interesting little bit of info from my friend at Fluence about the lifespan of my SpydrX Plus, (12 years or so at full strength) looks like I'll be growing with my current light well into my 60's... Now that's a damned good investment!!

L70 is between 50,000 for the phosphor coated diodes and 100,000 hours on the 660nm reds. On a 12/12 this puts you at something like 12 years on the low end. Usable light levels can be defined as L90, L80 or L70 — the point at which the fixture has dimmed to 90%, 80% or 70% of its original output.

Spectral composition incurs a nominal amount of degradation over that time frame.

Last edited:

chomsky

day 40 wider view

day 40 wider view

Day 40 still kickin ass. Heres a wider view for you guys... Shit, when I look at my pics my grow looks kinda sloppy. I can assure you it isn't. A few colas did grow too tall in stretch and I had to tie a few but its just so tight in there it's hard for me to get a good angle with my camera so you guys can actually see the broader picture and the spread across the top. Man my room smells like cotton candy every time I walk in. Two carbon scrubbers and the stench is still filling my house. Problem is if I push it outside even with a carbon filter it smells up all around my house and Im not sure how cool my mailman is? Ugghhhhh

Last edited:

DJXX

Veteran
that pheno should be called Babe Ruth,,,OMG baseball bats...and yes i would say that light does better than anticipated..DJXX

GastroGrower

Absolutely beautiful girls you have there. Those colas are insane. They look so good you could take a big bite out em haha.

chomsky

Ok I'm coming into the last three or four weeks so here's my finishing plan.

I'm dropping co2 to 900/1000ppm for the next ten days then gonna kill it all together.

I'm dropping the night time temps 5 degrees this week then 10 next week. It'll be a 15 or so degree total swing. This should help the girls really thicken up and get nice and sugary....

Gonna reduce nutes by half with two weeks to go then only flush last 7 days.

chronosync

Well-stoned member
Sounds like a good plan, that's really great you can control your room to that degree, did you drop temps in your last run on here?

DJXX

Veteran
no wonder your stuff is so huge..ur runnin gas/CO2....always want to just hate chasing bottles..DJXX

chomsky

Sounds like a good plan, that's really great you can control your room to that degree, did you drop temps in your last run on here?

Well, no where as easy as it may seem. I spend at least an hour or two every day tucking, taping, cutting, tying down, adjusting and modifying. I didnt actually drop temps last grow. But I have a portable AC unit in there that was counter productive most of this grow. It was venting out my CO2 at an absurd rate. Its been off for weeks. I was reading a CO2 article that talked about the CO2 preventing the plants from getting ethylene gas in flower at a much needed time and stumbled on old knowledge that reminded me of night temps... I hooked up the ac again and put it on a timer so it only comes on at night. (no CO2 to waste) and will drop temps. seemed like a great idea.

Trust me this is what I call gorilla growfare.... Just lots of attention down there...

Last edited:

chomsky

no wonder your stuff is so huge..ur runnin gas/CO2....always want to just hate chasing bottles..DJXX

My stuff is huge due to genetics dude, but that an entirely different conversation. LOL.... Yes, chasing bottles sucks but I'm lucky that a Co2 source is very near to me. But Im not growing for profit and Co2 is not terribly expensive. It does for sure make a difference in growth speed though.

Last edited:

chomsky

Day 46

Day 46

Trichs are developing nice and the dirls just keep getting denser and denser. Many of the trichs are getting cloudy but I should have 25 - 20 more days at least? Whats up with that?

chronosync

Well-stoned member
Based on the pistils alone obviously they aren't done. Beautiful buds so far it must be fun watching those stack :) they look pretty sticky too nice and frosty. No kidding about big genetics but that CO2 has got to help.

Idk plus milky always meant to me "peak" I guess they will slowly fade to amber but it sounds like your trichs are pumping THC and filling the glands up.

Looking spectacular!

chomsky

Based on the pistils alone obviously they aren't done. Beautiful buds so far it must be fun watching those stack :) they look pretty sticky too nice and frosty. No kidding about big genetics but that CO2 has got to help.

Idk plus milky always meant to me "peak" I guess they will slowly fade to amber but it sounds like your trichs are pumping THC and filling the glands up.

Looking spectacular!

Thanks Chrono