What's new

Chomp's Refridgerator Leftovers

Chomp

Finally got the Schnazz#2 growing again....they are the smallest 2 1/2 week old plants I've ever seen...

The MiS freebies will be bigger than the Schnazz in a few days I bet and they seem to be taking off normally so far...

Think the schnazz are permanently stunted? They are the ones in the party cups...:chin:

picture.php

:joint: Chomp

:-(

Chomp.. we must be twins.. I have those same soda-pop cups and that wally world thermo-hygrometer in my cab. =]

don't worry about your plants, no matter what I do, seedlings always take about a month to start getting those 5 spike leaves.

sadsmiley

Chomp

^^^^I've never had issues with seedlings like this before....they started out looking good for the first five days and then just stopped growing....all 5 of them just stopped and the bottom leaves started crisping up...after I transplanted them into a seedling mix they slowly started to grow again and haven't really taken off yet...the Mazar-i-Sharif are looking better than the Schnazz right from the start tho....I'm a little rusty, it's been a few years

Chomp :joint:

MagicChef

Chomp-

Are you feeding with anything or just plain water? Also was your mushroom mix store bought? Any way to check your soil ph? My seedling sometimes take a bit to get going... Good luck!

Buddle

Veteran
Won't the 2 tblsp of powdered dolomite lime be a lot? I also used 1 tbl per gal of mix?

Chomp

Chomp-

Are you feeding with anything or just plain water? Also was your mushroom mix store bought? Any way to check your soil ph? My seedling sometimes take a bit to get going... Good luck!

Mushroom mix was store bought but I've used the same brand before and had some great grows with it. Soil pH was way out of whack before I transplanted due to my well water being very basic. The mix was hydrated with it before I used it. pH is right at 6 now.

I fed the Schnazz#2 with a very light dose of Grow Big, Liquid Karma, and Cal/Mg after I transplanted them because there are no ferts in the seedling mix. They are due for some straight water today...

The MiS are getting straight water today and haven't been fed yet... They seem to be happy so far and growing as they should be

Buddle....
2 tblsp of lime is recommended in LC's mix and I've used it many times without a problem.... I didn't add any to the seedling mix because it's already in there.

I think that the Schnazz#2 are going to take off....we'll see how they do after I water today

Chomp

Pics of the cab...It's starting to look like something finally. I just have to get power into it, hang some lights, and build the scrubber.

The cab is completely sealed and made of plywood and 3 coats of flat white are on...

I need to get some weather stripping for the inside of the doors to ensure a nice air tight fit.

The lower section is for flower and the middle for veg. The top section is where the scrubber will go and is connected to both the veg and bloom.

The fresh air is drawn in to the bloom section from the room next to the closet and goes under the cab up and out the opposite side as a light trap. The fresh air for the veg section comes from the same vent but on the opposite side.

Chomp

Thanks a lot guys! It's been slow going and painful with this f'd up back but it's coming along.

I can't wait to get some green in there myself :plant grow:

:rasta: Chomp

MagicChef

Chomp-

I feel ya on the back. After about a half year of undiagnosed lower back pain I started getting awful cramping pains in my right butt cheek, quad, felt like someone was jamming a broom stick handle behind my knee, ankle pain and my toes went numb. I couldnt clutch my truck or put on socks. X rays showed nothing but the Doc knew I wasnt pulling his leg so he got me a CT scan. Ive got a herniated disk on my L5-S1 pinching my siatic nerve, and although its bad, at least I know what it is. Ive got an appointment with a surgeon as soon as they can get me in, and I want to get off the pain killers ASAP as they are strong and addictive. My last crop just ran out and couldnt have at a worst time so I just shelled out some cash for some herb. I knew that my seedlings were dry in the back of the cab this morning and I couldnt bend over to water so I adjusted the nozzle on the spray bottle and shot some into the party cups from about 6 feet away. Perfect aim!:laughing: I just got over some ph issues and are back on track! Anyway, nice work on the cab! Is this cab free standing or built in to an exixting space? Appologies on the long winded post, just needed to vent on the back issue. Hope yours feels better.

Chomp

No problem bro post up as much as you want...it's good to get shit of your chest with someone else that actually understands what you're going through. If you've never had back problems it's impossible to really understand how bad it really can be.

If I opt for surgery they have to go through my chest and to be honest that scares the shit out of me. I hate the pain killers I'm prescribed but it's the only way I can function some days....

The cab is built into the back end of a big closet. It is a long narrow closet with 2 doors that open from different rooms. I built the cab at one end and I'm also going to build a wall and split it into 2 separate sections. This should keep the stink off my clothes on the other side just in case...

Good aim with the seedlings!...lol

the schnazz seem to be doing better and are starting to grow normal again.

The MiS are much more vigorous than the schnazz was and when I rub the leaves they all smell different. One is the most foul smelling plant I've ever grown. I don't even know how to describe it because I've never smelled anything like it before...the other four smell like citrus and BO lol

All of the schnazz smell like citrus and are much more pleasant... :good:

Got the power ran earlier and the vents squared away today. I just have to put the outlets in the cab and hang some lights and I think maybe tomorrow I will be able to move the plants into the veg section!

Good luck with your back MagicChef... I feels your pain brother :badday:

:rasta: Chomp

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
well Ok then looks like ur off to a good start so far.
love citrus smelling buds and better even when they tast like citrus when dryed.

well good luck.

Chomp

rosco_micro hey chomp! everything is looking great, can't wait to see how they turn out

Thanks rosco micro... me either :tiphat:

MagicChef Nice! Are those DIY reflectors? If so, they look slick...

Yeah thanks MC, I made them from some leftover aluminum flashing I had...seems to be working pretty good

#1cheesebuds well Ok then looks like ur off to a good start so far.
love citrus smelling buds and better even when they tast like citrus when dryed.

well good luck.

Citrus buds are my favorite...my Grimm99's were the best smelling and tasting buds I ever had...wish I still had those genetics :puppydoge

Chomp

I think the Schnazzleberry#2 are recovered from all of my "old" noobie mistakes and growing normally...FINALLY...It's only been a couple years but I feel like I've made every mistake I could so far....but at least I didn't kill them yet :watchplant:

The MiS were showing signs of some deficiencies so they got their first real dose of GHflora using the Lucas Formula for low light 5ml of micro and 10ml of bloom per gallon a couple days ago and they seem to be handling it very well...:spank:

I've decided to go back to using straight coco with GHflora and the Lucas formula. It's so easy and I've never had problems with coco like I've had this grow so far...I tried the peat based mix so I wouldn't have to water every day, but I've had enough with the problems. :whiteflag:

I picked up a bale of Botincare and rinsed it a couple times. When I repot these they will be switched to the coco...

Pics from this morning:

picture.php

picture.php

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
damm dude thouse plants r growing short as ever. but I like my plants growing short.

keep it green bro and ull have dankness in no time.

Chomp

Yeah they are pretty short...lol

I bet they will sprout up here in the next week or so as they continue to recover. The Mazars look 100% better than the Schnazz#2 did at this stage so I think the grow environment has been straightened out for now...

I was talking about the problems earlier in another thread and I wonder if the Schnazzleberry#2 was being a PITA due to the DJ Blueberry father in the cross? Blueberry is known for being very finicky.... :plant grow:

Could be a possibility anyway...last time I grew the Schnazz#2 was in a drip system in coco with the lucas formula and it came out very nice....