What's new

Chomp's Refridgerator Leftovers

Chomp

Thanks Sgt.Stedenko! Hopefully it doesn't turn me into a Gecko (Iguana...lol)...:good:

It really is just dumb luck that I still had these seeds. I gave away hundreds of seeds when I decided to quit growing because I wanted to get rid of everything; I don't know how I missed these...

I'll be watching your grow with interest Sarge!

:wave: Chomp

vajra

Hi Chomp

I have 5 Schnaz girls just about to go into flowering. They all popped and there is a real diversity of phenos, already after four weeks veg.

FWIW i veg under PLL and flower under CMH. Have had good success, and very much like the PLLs, they seem to do really well in veg.

thanks for contributing to my F@ thread. Are the five beans you have popped here the remainder of a pack you used to make the F2s?

best
vajra

Chomp

Hey vajra np, thanks for checking out my thread...

Yeah these are 5 of the original Chimera beans I got from Seed Boo. Hopefully there will be at least one as good as the last time I ran the originals. Those were pretty uniform in growth and effect if I remember correctly (it's been awhile).... it was some of the stoniest weed I've ever had and I'm looking forward to it!

Here's a shot from day 4 above ground! So far so good...Exciting right? :jump:

picture.php

:joint: Chomp

looking great chomp =D can't wait to see how they progress! let me know your ideas for the cab space! if you want i can make an exact to scale render for you, i like having it around so i can identify things that can and can't work before i put a saw through the wood. my neighbor always comes down to my place when the saw goes on... GRRR

Chomp

looking great chomp =D can't wait to see how they progress! let me know your ideas for the cab space! if you want i can make an exact to scale render for you, i like having it around so i can identify things that can and can't work before i put a saw through the wood. my neighbor always comes down to my place when the saw goes on... GRRR

Hey rosco micro thanks I appreciate the offer! Luckily I don't have to deal with nosy neighbors out here in the boonies :dance013:

I will basically be building the Bloom area with the dutch pots I already have in mind. With the space I have I can fit 6 of them, 3 of them side by side and 2 deep is 23" wide x 15.5" deep x 10" tall.

So I was thinking of using the extra space on the side to make a plenum for airflow it would end up at about 1 1/2" x 17" if I use 2x2's for framing and still be able to fit the pots in comfortably using the 1/2" ply I already have for the build.

The whole bloom area I want to be 4' tall so I will have plenty of room for lights if I get unexpected stretch or something. I would rather have it too tall than too short.

The veg/mom section I would like to be about 30" tall, just as wide as the bloom section and right above it. Kind of over sized but easier to keep cool.

That leaves about 12" after framing on the bottom for intake/storage/ballast areas. The carbon filter and exhaust fan will be in the attic to save space.

So that's what I have figured out so far....I don't have it drawn up yet so if you want to give it a go or have any suggestions I would appreciate it very much!

Thanks,
:good: Chomp

geopolitical

Vladimir Demikhov Fanboy
Veteran
They're so cute before they grow up and date the neighbor kid. As long as they can handle the heat a little warmth in veg can speed growth quite a bit. I'd much rather slightly crisp something in veg than in bloom. Just a thought.

Chomp

What's up geo....My temps are between 78-81 with humidity about 50% I don't really want to go any higher than that...what do you think?

Thanks rosco micro that's similar to what I plan on doing...I started drawing something up in paint to scale....It's always good to draw it first, since now I know I don't want the bottom of the veg cab at 5' off the ground, I'm too short for that...lol

:tiphat: Chomp

Chomp

I have a minor setback going on right now....The pH of my tap water went from being around 7 - 7.5 last time I grew to being well over 8 at the moment and I think that caused my seedlings to lockup, stop growing, and start to die after a decent start. I feel like an idiot for not checking the pH at the start, but I never had a problem starting seeds before with my tap water in peat. When I ran a drip setup with coco I used to have to add pH down to get it to a 5.5 to 6 range so I should have known better.

I decided to re-pot them in a soiless seedling starter mix of peat, vermiculite, and perlite yesterday and hydrated it with a weak solution of Liquid Karma in distilled water. The roots looked nice and white but a little underdeveloped for 10 day old seedlings. I got as much of the old mix off as I could without damaging the roots.

All 5 seem to be perky this morning and hopefully they will be back to growing like they should be. Roots look good and there is green on all of them so they should rebound....just going to take longer than expected I guess.

I started building my stacked cab and have the plans all sorted out; it's just slow going because I can only do so much before my back says I need to stop.

Good luck to everyone!
Chomp :joint:

StupidBoy

Good luck to you too Chomp! :ying: Glad to hear you caught the problem before it got out of hand. Thanks for the up-date. Keep it green Man! :tiphat:

geopolitical

Vladimir Demikhov Fanboy
Veteran
I have a minor setback going on right now....The pH of my tap water went from being around 7 - 7.5 last time I grew to being well over 8 at the moment and I think that caused my seedlings to lockup, stop growing, and start to die after a decent start. I feel like an idiot for not checking the pH at the start, but I never had a problem starting seeds before with my tap water in peat.

Chomp, unless your tap is pretty hard the pH of it shouldn't affect your soil much, most tap water is above 7 to keep old pipes from doing nasty things like leaching lead excessively. At very low ppms however a high or low pH doesn't mean as much (pure water will swing pretty dramatically in pH just by being breathed on). I have had however real issues with peat & coco both having some really excessive levels of salts strait out of the bag/bale/brick which has caused me pH & nute issues prior to figuring out what it was. I now flush both thoroughly with multiple changes of water before using them in my grows.

Chomp

Thanks for the support guys...I actually have some new healthy growth on 3 of them so far so I think I have it squared away...

Geo,
My water is very hard but the pH used to be around 7 to 7.5...when I checked it a few days ago it was 8.5 and testing the run-off through a cup full of the same mix was 8, so combined with the hardness of the water and the small containers I think the seedlings were doomed to have problems.

pH going in is 6.5 and going out is 6.5 in an empty cup full of the same seedling mix so hopefully they will be ok now.

Thanks again...

Chomp

I decided to try to pop the 5 MiS freebies I have left...I haven't tried any of these yet, but I've seen good and bad results on here...a lot of germination problems so I may not even be able to get them to pop...

Chomp

Well the satellite box comes through again! 5 for 5 tails on the 2 year old MiS...I can still germinate seeds now lets see if I can get something to grow more than 2" tall....lol

I think at least 3 of the Schnazz#2 are going to make it....If they will pick up a little I may just grow them to the point where I can clone them and start a new root system. This has worked for me on runts in the past to get them growing right again.

I've read a few threads on the Mazar-i-Sharif and there have been some nice looking plants and some crap too....but there seems to be some promise in using these to breed some hardiness into weaker strains...

Chomp

Chomp

Satellite box?

I put the seeds in T-shirt material (instead of a paper towel) and into a very small tupperware container and put on top of my satellite receiver box. It seems to be the perfect temp for germinating beans....works every time :dance013:

Chomp