What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Chocolate Rain

guest20121

Choco rain 57 dayz

579404IMG2119.jpg

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
Lookin good chronic, try n take a pic with the flash and itll make it so u dont see the hps lighting.

rocdiesel

Some more pix to give a reference how well CR yeilds

pix taken now (10 min ag0) shot showing how big the plant is and yeilds

picture.php

and the top cola for reference

picture.php

BIGGS

Veteran
damn rocdiesel, that cr is one big bitch. whats it like for smell, any chocolate tones?

dimodz

Elite StrainCloneHunter
Veteran
that would interest me even if it tastes and smells to chocolate ?

Thx in advance

peace
DiMoDz

rocdiesel

damn rocdiesel, that cr is one big bitch. whats it like for smell, any chocolate tones?

so far I don't think it smells like chocolate but I have always felt the aroma of a plant changes drastically after it has been dried out and cured, I will throw some shots of dried/cured end results when I cut it down. Today is day 59 of flower I am going to check the tric's to see where I am at when the lights come on I will give her a quick rub to see if I can identify the smell for you guys

CR has actually been a very nice looking plant and I am pretty sure I will have a fairly awesome yield so she is a keeper in the regards to her bud structure and ease of grow also cloned well first try.

rocdiesel

This looks amazing. might have to pick this up.

DO IT! :) chocolate rain has been easy to grow and easy to clone and she is a very pretty plant from all the pic's i've seen from all the users here and other places and the price for it make's it worth while by far.

thegambler

I wanted to clear up some incorrect comments regarding this stain. As this strains reputation continues to grow, I see more and more about it.

1. DNA's Chocolope X DJ Short's Cocoa Kush- there seems to be 3 pheno's basically one short, one tall and the rest in between somewhere. The short has a Chocolope leaning parentage (it's reported otherwise in this forum), takes about 9 weeks and has a dark sour chocolate or berry taste and smell AFTER a good cure. The kush is made up of 2 blueberry parents, one an extreme sativa. The tall pheno often puts out colas the shape of "spears"- these lean heavily towards the blueberry but this pheno is more about a fruity smell and taste. And this pheno can get quite tall and branchy if you let it. Figure 10-11 weeks of flowering on this pheno.

2. Yield is average, with some reportng the taller pheno yielding more and others reporting the Chocolope pheno yielding better. After following a number of grows, my suggestion is to top all the plants except the very short ones- this also helps with height issues. A 5 week veg is probably appropriate for an above average yield. Not a heavy yielder but with a selection for mothers, some can yield quite nicely.

3. Odor- low to medium odor during growing but after a good cure, it becomes a smelly monster. There's range of smell and tastes, some chocolate, some berry, some banana or caramel, some dog shit, and the rest dank earth. The taste of the smoke is what brings people back again and again- and most are willing to forgo a little of the buzz strength to keep the taste (so, the short pheno for taste and the tall pheno for strongest buzz). It's all good....

Lastly, it's a wonderful breeding accomplishment by Eskobar (Breeders Choice) and is slowly getting more and more respect. It sold out of it's first run and there were a load of requests for more beans, which were made and now for sale again. It's not the strongest smoke, it's touchy and likes a low fertilizer level, no feminized seeds and has a lot of diversity within the grow- but ALL the smoke is flavorful and nicely potent (but not devastating). Find a mother to your liking, and there will be many to choose from. Then clone the shit out of her and be amazed!!!!

wildgrow

, The Ghost of
Veteran
Very nice! Ive been wanting to get a chocolate tasting strain for awhile. I once got a z that had a chocolate taste to it. That was 18 yrs ago, wonder what that was?

Anyone have a suggustion as to what is the most chocolaty herb? cheers

RespectGreen

Veteran
I keep reading that the short was the "choco" pheno and I couldn't disagree more... My short pheno which is pictured here originally smelt like blueberry sour straws from the gas station... The tall pheno also my "chocolate pheno" had no berry tones to it at all just a chocolatey taste/smell and dense nice colas... She ran great untopped and yielded good.. While the short "blueberry" pheno yielded like shit but was dannnnkkkk!

Btw I ran all of these untopped and I could see my short "blueberry" pheno yielding much much more with topping and training.

Either way different observations from different folks' as always! :)

G

guest3871

I think the 'chocolate' plants that people are looking for are the ones that are somewhere inbetween both the parents. Not really 'leaning' to either.

If that's of any value to anyone. :)

J

joejusttyped

I have a feeling CR pollen on a greasy purple indica would produce some beautiful looking offspring. With that being said, this strain is great.

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
Got 2 packs of this stuff. Ran it once indoors and got a good representation of both the slightly shorter kushier structured one and a stretched out sativa bud havin one. Loved um both, but most people liked the shorter frosty raspberry blood kush cocoa one. wish I would have kept her around... did 2 more outside last year, reminded me of some thai, chocolate smell and berry taste really came out from the organic outdoor run. These were two different seeds.