What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Chocolate Rain

A

Alfred

I think it is just typical of a DJ-esque strain, some people think it is not potent enough, but others think you can't get much better....

thegambler

I've grown 25 plants of C.R. so far and still haven't found anything chocolate in it, smell or taste........Give me a day or so and I'll put up a pic or two of my recent harvest.

Kcar

There are FOUR lights!
Veteran
25 plants from 25 different seeds? I've found that hunting out the best 1 or 2 fem's from
a pack and making mothers out of them, tends to bring out new or more characteristics as
they get older and more mature. I.E. Clones taken from a 6 or 8 month old mother are much
better than clones taken from a 8 week old plant. Just my 2c.

J

joejusttyped

esko crossed two of Dj shorts strains? and he was the one that cried like a BABY when people used anything they bought from him...even if it was others stuff he didnt ask for permission to use. guy's a knob.

Lol dont you sell choco rain crosses at your shop? Am i missing something here?

"We found a phenotype that was VERY sativa leaning with a crazy Chocolate/Blueberry scent. It was pretty unreal and like nothing we had ever smelled before. Props to Breeder's CHoice for creating this strain. We crossed this to our massive yielding Riot OG Kush male to bring up the resin production and bringdown the flowering time, and what resulted was a sat/indie hybrid OG with that Fuel Funk infused with Blueberry Chocolate. This is a strain that will be winning some competitions one day. This is a limited release so grab it while we have it!"

C

Capital G

I've grown 25 plants of C.R. so far and still haven't found anything chocolate in it, smell or taste........Give me a day or so and I'll put up a pic or two of my recent harvest.

Wow! I only grew the first release and every pheno I had was chocolate, fruity chocolate, or caramel. It really took me back to the chocolate tai days of '98. I remember blindly asking my boy what smell do you get rubbing the stems and asking others after harvest. Chocolate was always described. What nutes??? Are you using finishers/sweeteners? I ran her with h&g complete line, liquid k, Humboldt honey....

thegambler

Yes, 25 different plants from 25 seeds.....I still own a bunch more too so I'll be growing more out shortly. Lots of berry and fruit, but no chocolate what's so ever. I grow in pro-mix and use Botanicare products- Pure Blend Pro, Liquid Karma, Cal/Mag, Silica Blast, Aqua Shield, Hydroplex Bloom, and Sensizyme and Sweet Berry. I'm curing a few oz now so I'll see if it comes out in a few months. But, IMO, if you are looking for something chocolate, this is not the strain for u.

Kcar

There are FOUR lights!
Veteran
I think I will make that determination for myself, thanks. And I certainly won't be using 'Sweet Berry'

A

Alfred

I was skeptical about a cannabis plant smelling like chocolate? I thought how can it smell like chocolate?
But then again i was skeptical of a cannabis plant smelling like berries a while ago too. lol

I only grew a couple of plants and one of them definately smelt like some dark cooking chocolate/ liquor (with hints of berries). A great plant. :)

hamppuu

I need to grow this strain! smells like chocolate? No way!

:dance013:

My friends going to love me, when I give them buds that smells like chocolate hehe :)

Kcar

There are FOUR lights!
Veteran
Got my CR seeds in the mail today. Along with Extrema x Heribei as a freebie.
Love the stealth shipping. Thinking my daughter will, too!

thegambler

Finally, here's some Chocolate Rain pictures, extreme sativa pheno. About a 6 week cure. No chocolate, loads of berry and fruit.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 43
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 40
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 38

bugman52

Bug Scissor Hand
Veteran
yea i bought chocolate chunk it has a hint of chocolate dark chocolate berry but the smoke is very good

Archangel

Im buying 3packs, If I can find a Chocolate pheno I maybe find a Mr Nice Mango Haze male for it or vice versa :).

Archangel

I decided on 1 pack of chocolate rain and 1 pack of killing fields f3.. a purple yielder with good flavor and smell.

there goes edro

Veteran

Some CR I grew a little over a year ago. One short one tall. More berry taste on the shorter pheno. Taller one tasted like spearmint gum, but no chocolate. Got 5 more seeds so we will see

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
I grew this strain 2wice. 2 phenos first time, one dark chocolate with brown sugar, other pheno was definitely berries. Second time i got one tropical mix, other one more like milk chocolate with hint of cinnamon. Was real easy to find chocolate in my experience. 2 out of 4.

Latest posts

Latest posts