What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Chocolate Rain

SMOKE-ONE

anyone grow out the feminized version of chocolate rain? If so, was it easy to find any chocolate phenos?

I was wonder the same thing.I think he used a raspberry pheno to make the fem version,so the fem beans might not have many chocolate phenos.

KiefTreeFarms

Anyone make seeds or is a cut available anywhere?
I grew these out and ran my fav for a while. Squat Kush, rich chocolate, mostly Sativa w/ some very relaxing qualities, & shorter flower is how I’d describe the pheno, great plant. The rest I had were the big Thai pheno while tasty and strong this plant was a huge beast with at least 1.5 weeks more flower time.
Needless to say I lost the mom and had no back ups. My back muscles miss the relaxing qualities, & I miss the taste.
Any ideas

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I was gifted seed for this by a member here and will be trying to preserve it. Ridiculous if the original creator does not bring this one back.

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
If anyone has f2's or originals of this hit me up I'd like be informed. Obviously not trying to trade but I want to know if anyone else has the gear or is attempting preservation like me.

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah cocoa kush was basically him breeding to the more thai side of his own line (if my memory is correct). Being as inbred as they were already though the vigor just isn't there as you would usually get from thai leaner. The other characteristics such as chocolate smells and sativa/hazey looking buds are very present.

Hold Your Fire

Finding my way back home
Veteran
Sorry for the bad pics.
Today is day 69
I harvest Tuesday.
I'll try and get better pics.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Hold Your Fire

Finding my way back home
Veteran
I grew these in a soil mix made up of pro mix and...

picture.php
picture.php

Fed water only, except for week 4 and 6 I gave them roots organic buddah bloom.

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
That is a hard thing to pull off as your ph would def be whacky with that mix (promix is very low ph) and it looks like you have some mag lockout in pics. You did a good job for that though. You definitely need to cut the promix with real soil by at least half lots do 1/3's.

Hold Your Fire

Finding my way back home
Veteran
This was my first real attempt at something other than bottled chemical ferts.
Cal/Mag issues and or ph issues were kicking my ass in veg. Not sure they ever came out of it.
I still have plenty of stuff for another 2-3 runs.
I know there is a learning curve but not certain I have the patience.
GH flora was much easier, cheaper, and I know these will yield less than what I am used to.
Jack's seems even easier and cheaper!

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
That is a hard thing to pull off as your ph would def be whacky with that mix (promix is very low ph) and it looks like you have some mag lockout in pics. You did a good job for that though. You definitely need to cut the promix with real soil by at least half lots do 1/3's.

I used to do half or less with pro-mix bx. Then stopped using it altogether. Side note, I have some Cocoa Kush F2's . Bet there's some Choc plants in there to be found.

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah promix compacts really bad and then retracts way too much when dry in pots and shit makes watering way uneven. I was never a fan of growing in just it like some 'soil less' people do, I mean go fuckin coco or straight hydro if you are going that route millions times less headaches way better results.

Promix is great to use in super soils and what not though just on its own not a good way to grow at all. More of a good soil component than anything.

R

Rubber Chicken

I made some Chocolate Rain x Cheeseberry Haze a while ago.... i will show some flowering pictures in a few weeks.