What's new

Chocolate Rain

I

Iron_Lion

The down side to sammies is getting a piece of mail from the Netherlands, that's gotta be a red flag. I ordered from there a few years ago but I didnt like the stealth shipping. It made it thru but I didn't care for the technique.

Sanmies beads!

Sanmies beads!

picture.php

eskimo

Veteran
****** has reported numerous times on his site, OpenGrow, that he felt people were taking advantage of his generous replacement policy- especially for orders to the U.S. Therefore, he will only guarantee replacement if you pay the extra fee that he's recently initiated. It's clearly stated on his site. I'm guessing Eskimo didn't pay for the replacement option.....

yea i think it was this way ...i mean it's like a rip of (like pay me some extra bug's if you whant me to ship, if not i might not ship )

thegambler

No, it's more like insurance. I don 't mind paying extra to guarantee I'll get my beans. I've been ripped off too many times by others......

thegambler

I actually wrote a long and winded 20 minute smoke report as I was doing a few bong hits......but I think a more clear and concise report would be more helpful.

I opened a jar of it to a strong wiff of berry fruit. It needs another month or so for a good cure and I still feel a bit of moisture in the bud. I did 2 hits and have waited about 25 minutes now:

About 75% in the head, 25% in the body. Very relaxed, strongly felt in the eyes, far head and the back of head. Smell is wonderful, taste is the highlight of the strain. It's a solid 9/10 potency wise and builds slowly over time. I think the high will only get better as it dries further. The strain reminds me a lot of Sweet Seeds "Sweet Cheese".

Buds have a nice density, great resin production, easy to grow, but I'm growing it for the "chocolate", not the berry. I'm sure I'll have many pheno's in the 24 plants I'm currently vegging.

This is a wonderful stain. Seems to have it all....

Attachments

• IMGP1069.jpg
    IMGP1069.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 21

Fuzz420

Ganja Smoker Extraordinaire
Veteran
Very Nice gambler looks and sounds like a pheno i had. Didnt keep it, had a much better one as far as chocolate taste and potency goes. Only draw back to my second pheno is its crazy mutant.

SMOKE-ONE

I actually wrote a long and winded 20 minute smoke report as I was doing a few bong hits......but I think a more clear and concise report would be more helpful.

I opened a jar of it to a strong wiff of berry fruit. It needs another month or so for a good cure and I still feel a bit of moisture in the bud. I did 2 hits and have waited about 25 minutes now:

About 75% in the head, 25% in the body. Very relaxed, strongly felt in the eyes, far head and the back of head. Smell is wonderful, taste is the highlight of the strain. It's a solid 9/10 potency wise and builds slowly over time. I think the high will only get better as it dries further. The strain reminds me a lot of Sweet Seeds "Sweet Cheese".

Buds have a nice density, great resin production, easy to grow, but I'm growing it for the "chocolate", not the berry. I'm sure I'll have many pheno's in the 24 plants I'm currently vegging.

This is a wonderful stain. Seems to have it all....
Interesting you gave it a 9/10 in the potency dept.Ive read several reports that it has a very quality high,but not all that potent at all.I have a pack in the fridge that I will try out sooner or later.

thegambler

All depends on the pheno....... I based my evaluation on only 1 pheno, heavily leaning towards the berry parent. But there are many variations and some are weaker, no doubt. I've read many people only give it a 7/10...... others a 9/10 or higher. Find the right pheno, and you'll be happy. I vaped mine and I was ripped as was a buddy. Taste and smell it's a "10". A longer cure will help in all departments too.

Fuzz420

Ganja Smoker Extraordinaire
Veteran
Smokeone- Im the same way. Its very good herb and the high is a very high quality just not crazy strong I'd give it a 7 in potency and 9 in buzz quality. Exotic is a word i like to use to describe chocolate rain

thegambler

Esco has use the word "extravagant" in one of his OpenGrow threads...... it's all about taste and smell with this strain, not potency.

funny thing one's interpretation of potentcy.
i give it 9/10 as well.
the thing i like about it is it doesn't leave a hangover/trudge.
quickly became a fav around the house to.
i just finished a run of esko's santa maria x c99. it tastes even better than cr and a bit more of a stone to it.imvho.

thegambler

Here's my next 24 C.R. plants, hoping for 12 nice females. It's been 12 days since the seeds popped. 100% germination, nothing but water for 2 more weeks.

Attachments

• IMGP1072.jpg
    IMGP1072.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 20
  • IMGP1073.jpg
    IMGP1073.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 15

thegambler

I thought I'd post an update of the C.R. room, now 6 days in flowering. Notice the 1 pic showing the rather taller pheno in the back row. I'm guessing these are the "crazy" sativa pheno, which I've read is the strongest of all pheno's. I've been watering a mix of grow/bloom around 750 ppm, pH at 6.3. I'm still smoking (and enjoying) my blueberry leaning pheno (1 plant) from my last crop- not the strongest high but VERY tasty.

P.S. Add on: These have not been sexed yet. I'm guessing wihin 5 days I'll be able to identify the males/females. I may keep the most sativa leaning male and fertilize a branch or two of my Sharksbreath (Great White Shark X Lambsbread) and produce some seeds. Name? Let's see.........Chocolate Rain X Sharksbreath= ???????????

Attachments

• IMGP1098.jpg
    IMGP1098.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 18
  • IMGP1097.jpg
    IMGP1097.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 24

thegambler

Day 17 in flowering of my C.R. Out of 24 plants, I have 14 females and 10 males. I plan on bumping up the ppm as they need to green up a bit. Notice in the 2nd pic a single Sharkbreath plant, more green and back left. They are very healthy and easy to care for so far. Also, the wife notice some early skunky stink in the house yesterday, I think from this room.

Attachments

• IMGP1099.jpg
    IMGP1099.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 16
  • IMGP1100.jpg
    IMGP1100.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 15

thegambler

30th day of flowering..........all is well. I've limited my ppm to 1000 max. Some of the more sativa-leaning plants are obviously 2 weeks behind the more indica like plants. It's pretty obvious which is which by the pics.

Attachments

• IMGP1116.jpg
    IMGP1116.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 17
  • IMGP1115.jpg
    IMGP1115.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 15

amannamedtruth

Veteran
Hell yea! Just got my floppy sativa cut back, not the best yield, but best frost and smell, IMO. True connoiseur stuff, complex sweet/tobacco/chocolate flavor, and the most roller coaster of a high, gets you all spacy, then settles you down to a nearly inevitable nap.

thegambler

Hell yea! Just got my floppy sativa cut back, not the best yield, but best frost and smell, IMO. True connoiseur stuff, complex sweet/tobacco/chocolate flavor, and the most roller coaster of a high, gets you all spacy, then settles you down to a nearly inevitable nap.

Well. I think I found the same pheno. Only 1 of 24 plants is this extreme but's it's a taller plants with small spear buds. Extremely light and airy foxtails, but already covered in resin at day 50 flowering. Mine smells like pine right now but after drying this piece, it's 100% sativa- buzz felt in head and eyes, an up and pleasant ride, and long lasting. I can't imagine what this will be like in 2 more weeks!

Attachments

• IMGP1149.jpg
    IMGP1149.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 16