What's new

China Could Easily Own World With Their $3 Trillion

grapeman

Veteran
I'd argue that our problems are a lot more complicated than that. That's an incredibly simplistic scapegoat.

Time will tell, but I'd bet you it is that simple. But since you are a "grandpa", I don't want to take your money since you're on a fixed inclome and all.

LOL

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
I would just like to clarify my earlier post.
I was not saying the Chinese are inferior, I was saying the megalomaniacs who have been running the show for the last couple of hundred years behind the scenes--they think the chinese are inferior.

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Time will tell, but I'd bet you it is that simple. But since you are a "grandpa", I don't want to take your money since you're on a fixed inclome and all.

LOL

LOL. That's ok. My pension is made up of mortgage backed securities and credit default swaps. A bunch of worthless paper. The state is about to go belly up and my pension will evaporate along with the Federal Reserve. ;)

100oz bar of silver and we can shake on it. All I'm saying is that our problems are bigger than one clown and span both sides of the two party paradigm.

joeuser

Basically in the 1400s China was the major world power.

China was already enormous at that time in terms of people and land.

In my opinion China's influence will continue spread to its neighbors.

Proof that they don't teach history any more...

I didn't see China exploring the world. Was Magellan Chinese? Columbus? Did the Chinese have a blue water navy? Shit, they don't really have one now.

China has a LOT of people...that's about it. And MOST of them are poor, living on $2 a day!

If China tries to get too "uppity", it's going to get smashed down. Do you REALLY think the "powers that be" will allow "outsiders" to take over everything they've worked so hard to control? Would you let a new rival gang take over your turf? I don't think so, not without a fight...and China will be fighting the entire "west".

China is a bitch...it's being used while it still has a use.

Storm Shadow

Veteran
China is an amazing country.....our media is full of shit......give the only people to ever spit in the face of the NWO more credit.....look what U.S history forgot to teach us and instead paint China as an enemy..Propaganda is a muthaphucka!

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread701452/pg1

The NWO tried to steal China from the Chinese during these Opium Wars...these people defeated the Greatest Powers of Earth twice....then they bail the U.S out of their Debt problems...and yet they still get tainted with negative press.....shit ...I cant wait for China to reverse engineer the left overs of that Stealth Helicopter that crashed at UBL's compound in Pakistan.

igrowone

Veteran
China is an amazing country.....

you have some reasonable points here, many forget history - especially the inconvenient parts
ultimately, China is a large competitor
competitors are seldom loved, especially by a country that has seen so many jobs leave its borders over the years

tr1ck_

I didn't see China exploring the world. Was Magellan Chinese? Columbus? Did the Chinese have a blue water navy? Shit, they don't really have one now.

They are making pretty quick strides though. Just recently they announced their aircraft carrier, as well as a missile designed to blow up our aircraft carriers.

And now they got this new stealth jet that is pretty badass.

http://www.businessinsider.com/china-j20-stealth-fighter-2011-5

And so the accepted racism against Asians continues. Most helpful post is an unrelated racist comment. The fact that this bullshit's been on IC for a week is really telling of this "modern age." More like PC in public.

Bitch all you want but you're going back to walmart, etc for your cheap chinese made shit.

joeuser

China is an amazing country.....our media is full of shit......give the only people to ever spit in the face of the NWO more credit.....look what U.S history forgot to teach us and instead paint China as an enemy..Propaganda is a muthaphucka!

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread701452/pg1

The NWO tried to steal China from the Chinese during these Opium Wars...these people defeated the Greatest Powers of Earth twice....then they bail the U.S out of their Debt problems...and yet they still get tainted with negative press.....shit ...I cant wait for China to reverse engineer the left overs of that Stealth Helicopter that crashed at UBL's compound in Pakistan.

Really? China DEFEATED the west...twice? Why am I not speaking Chinese? Why is China so small? China may have held off an invasion...but they didn't defeat anyone.

Ah...the key...the rub...REVERSE engineered. Why didn't the great and powerful China come up with it in the first place? WHAT took so long to get an aircraft carrier?

China is toast. The "oil wars" are coming and China will be left out of the spoils. That's why they're FRANTICALLY going around making "alliances" for resources? Besides, EVERYONE knows they're nothing but cheats and liars...that's their business model...make an alliance and then steal. When the SHTF, China will be left out to dry.

They are making pretty quick strides though. Just recently they announced their aircraft carrier, as well as a missile designed to blow up our aircraft carriers.

And now they got this new stealth jet that is pretty badass.

http://www.businessinsider.com/china-j20-stealth-fighter-2011-5

A God help them if they ever use it! China's' assets...all those trillions you talk about...will be frozen and then confiscated...and all debt to them abolished. End of story. You think I'm kidding? That's how we win wars these days...we take their money away...and give it to their enemy. China has no navy, no global air force, their army is 400,000,000 peasants waving sticks.

Have you seen their "stealth fighter" actually fly? Fight something? I haven't. EVERYONE lies...including China. Don't be naive...trust nobody!

And so the accepted racism against Asians continues. Most helpful post is an unrelated racist comment. The fact that this bullshit's been on IC for a week is really telling of this "modern age." More like PC in public.

Bitch all you want but you're going back to walmart, etc for your cheap chinese made shit.

Why does "competition" ALWAYS end up being called racism? And ONLY by those who are losing?

Why not buy their cheap stuff? It's cheaper than we can make it for! Besides, they LEND us the money to buy their stuff. Who's the REAL fool? The one buying it or the one lending the money and selling it to you?

2cents

Zheng He was entrusted by the emperor in 1405 with venturing out to trade, collecting tribute, and displaying China’s power to the world. From 1405 to 1433, he commanded the world’s greatest armada and led seven naval expeditions.

Zheng He's ship in the early fifeteenth century was about five times the length of Columbus's Santa Maria, had nine times the storage capacity, 9 masts, and 12 sails.

..Carried in sumptuous comfort aboard the leviathan ship, they consumed the finest foods and wines, and pleasured themselves with concubines whose only role was to please these foreign dignitaries. The formal inauguration of the Forbidden city was followed by a sumptuos banquet. Its scale and opulence emphasized China's position at the summit of the civilized world. In comparison, Europe was backward, crude, and barbaric. Henry V's marriage to Catherine of Valois took place in London just after the inauguration of the Forbidden City. Twenty-six thousand guests were entertained in Beijing, where they ate a ten-course banquet served on dishes of the finest porcelin; a mere six hundred guests attended Henry's nuptials and they were served stockfish on rounds of stale bread that acted as plates. Catherine de Valois wore neither knickers nor stockings at her wedding; Zhu Di's favorite concubine was clad in the finest silks and her jewelry included cornelians from Persia, rubies from Sri Lanka, Indian diamonds, and jade from Kotan. Her perfume contained ambergris from the Pacific, myrrh from Arabia, and sandalwood from the Spice Islands. China's army numbered one million men,armed with guns; Henry V could put five thousand men on the field, armed only with longbows, swords, and pikes. The fleet that would carry Zhu Di's guests home numbered over a hundred ships with a complement of thirty thousand men. When Henry went to war against France in June of that year, he ferried his army across the Channel in four fishing boats, carrying a hundred men on each crossing and sailing only in day-light hours...

sources:

Worlds of History: volume two since 1500 3rd edition
Kevin Reily

Worlds Together Worlds Apart: A History of the World 2nd edition
Robert Tignor
-----------------------------

Storm Shadow

Veteran
The Chinese won Vietnam and didnt Lose the Korean War...or the Boxer Rebellion....

Looks like the Bankers tried...and tried....but that Culture is too strong to destroy....

Sorry...but the Chinese are pretty Gangsta..most countries that the Bankers have their eyes are on fucken in deep trouble

robbiedublu

China has a LOT of people...that's about it. And MOST of them are poor, living on $2 a day!

If China tries to get too "uppity", it's going to get smashed down. Do you REALLY think the "powers that be" will allow "outsiders" to take over everything they've worked so hard to control? Would you let a new rival gang take over your turf? I don't think so, not without a fight...and China will be fighting the entire "west".

China is a bitch...it's being used while it still has a use.

You don't know what the f*** you're talking about. Read the book 1421 The chinese "blue water navy" was all over south america before columbus stumbled over to the Carribean.
You're living proof that the US educational system is crap! Are you 16 years old? Yes, China has serious problems, just like the US but that does not matter. The people who run the world have no loyalty to any country, they only care about money and power. We will never go to war directly against China. The wars will be fought in other smaller countries and are really just a ruse to get us deeper into debt and to use up what resources we have left.
Open your eyes my friend....Oh, and you might want to start learning to speak Chinese.

joeuser

Why does ALL of South America speak Spanish and not Chinese? China didn't take over the planet...Europeans did. And if you REALLY think the Chinese are going to just waltz in and take it all away...you're the ones talking like an idiot.

China is building their FIRST aircraft carrier...HOW many years after the Europeans had them? Almost a hundred? A "stealth aircraft"...ooooh...just another example of STOLEN technology. What have the Chinese "invented" since gunpowder? They've copied a whole lot...but NEW inventions...not so much.

You're feeding into the hype...the propaganda. China ain't shit, and it isn't going to be. It's as likely as some African country taking over the world...ain't gonna happen.

The book "1421" is fiction. Written by a submarine commander...that's your fucking source for PROOF of China's global power? Are you 3? Why should I learn Chinese? They already know English... The powers that be...the rulers of the world...are and speak English. It's not changing any time soon. China (like MANY before her) will be left out to dry. Being used for it's cheap labor and then thrown away.

Zheng He: Sure, China did trading and waring within Asia. But they WERE NOT a world power! The first humans lived in africa...what happened with that? Is Africa THE world power?

Europeans own and rule the planet. And they always will...barring a planet killer. They're too small, they have a serious disadvantage. Oil is the key...and Europeans own the oil...or can easily take it when/if necessary. And we will take it. Soon I think. The pieces are being laid. The "Muslim President" just may be the one to bring our own "Jihad" to the ME...all for that most valuable of resources...oil. We WILL take it...after all, it WAS ours at one time. We've changed our mind...we regret all those UN resolutions that created independent countries after the defeat of the Ottoman Empire. We're going to re-neg those oil contracts.

You watch...you'll see. Congressional hearings on the dangers fundamentalist Islam...check. Regime destabilization in the ME...check. Friendly countries for basing (Iraq, Afghanistan, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain...check. Rising oil prices hindering the economic recovery...check.

War is coming...financial or with weapons. We're getting control of that oil...by hook or by crook.

lost in a sea

Lifer
Veteran
well said joeuser

china wont and cant do shit,, they are fully owned by so called "western powers" and have been since the opium wars,,

they have the strongest currency at the moment but it cant go on to be the international standard because people around the world arent ready to accept it for one,, another reason china cant go on to control anything is the simple fact that all the infrastructure of global control is already routed through british and in more recent years increasingly what appears to be american hands, although that is an illusion since america is a corporation owned and run by the crown,,

the whole system has/is being geared towards a one world currency,, and i know who will mint and control that currency,,,they/we just need the double dip recession where the rest of that $700 trillion bubble appears and scares the shit out of the west,, that debt is just sat there waiting, they built it up by letting every fool have as much credit as they wanted for 30 years,,,

we are just watching them rap the movie up at the moment, ready for a pretty big paradigm shift,,,

its a good boogieman though, people have feared china taking over for a long long time,, but sadly our greatest enemy has won the game of monopoly and finally won the right to become world banker,,

Last edited:

Storm Shadow

Veteran
Your all failing to realize that no other country on Earth produces Engineers, Doctors, Scientisit, Etc faster then any country than China...they have thousands and thousands of engineers work on their space program every day...compared to West lol who cant even inspire a generation to stop watching MTV and playing video games lol

You do realize China is the 3rd country ever to put a man in space...next year they are buidling their own space station...will be mining the moon for Helium-3 before the West...

China can reverse engineer anything and make it better,,,,

http://www.space.com/11646-china-space-policy-united-states.html

The Bankers that own the US media are painting the Chinese as bad because they are the one soceity they havent been able to ruin yet...so lets propagandize the fuck out of them...

China is now telling Western Dutch Owned Shell Corp to get lost ....China can build all its on oil facilities now.... the more self sufficent they become..the more the media will talk shit on them..

http://www.dutchnews.nl/news/archives/2011/05/shell_under_pressure_in_china_1.php

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I think china has a bubble though

Yes. China's bubble is starting burst right now. They are fucked just like we are. Like I said. I'm not worried about China they have their own meltdown to worry about.

They had TWO failed bond auctions! Seems no one wants to buy their bonds. They are certainly not going to be buying ours anymore.

Two Chinese Bond Auctions Fail
And while the US is no longer allowed to auction off debt, in China the PBoC appears to be no longer able to auction off debt. As Business China reports, "the central bank scheduled the auction of RMB 20 billion worth of one-year treasury bonds and RMB 10 billion in six-month bonds on the country’s interbank bond market for May 13. But banks, faced with tight liquidity, only purchased RMB 11.71 billion worth of one-year bonds and RMB 9.63 billion worth of six-month bonds, the report said." In other words, there was a nearly 50% miss on the 3 month auction. The key reason: "The reference yield of one-year treasury bonds was raised to 3.0246% from the previous issuance, while the bond yield of 182-day discounted treasury bonds was 2.91%, the paper said." It appears investors don't agree with the central planners that 3% is an appropriate rate to compensate them for surging inflation. That, and also the fact that banks suddenly have no liquidity: "Tighter liquidity was behind the under-subscription, as the central bank resumed selling three-year notes on May 12 after a hiatus of more than five months, a bank analyst who was not named was cited as saying. The central bank also raised banks’ RRRs by 0.5 percentage points on the same day, effective May 18, the fifth consecutive month its has raised RRRs this year." And so the Catch 22 emerges: the more China fights inflation through RRR or rate hikes, the lower the purchasing power of domestic banks to purchase bonds (and yes, the US deficit is just a few hundred billions dollars too wide for it to come to China's rescue). Should the "15 minute" inflationary conundrum continue to express itself, and China be forced to rise rates even longer, very soon the country, just like the US to which it is pegged monetarily, will also be unable to raise any incremental capital.
Here is what some institutional investors are saying.
SocGen On A Chinese Slowdown: Buy China CDS, Sell Hard Commodities
Following last week's news that as we suggested US stagflation is starting to shift to China, SocGen's Patrick Legland looks at the consequences of what a Chinese slowdown in H2 would look like for the country, and the world. Cutting to the chase: buy Chinese CDS, and sell hard commodities. That said, the risks to the global economy, should China implode, are far vaster, and we fail to conceive how the central planning cartel would ever allow this to happen, or the PBoC for that matter, considering today's earlier news of not one but two failed Chinese auctions.

:
Chinese financial sector begins to reflect concerns of an economic slowdown. Following the US-China strategic meeting, cooperation between the two countries is again under the spotlight. But let’s try to analyse the current situation in China from a market viewpoint. The latest figures released for the housing market in April showed that sales in Beijing were down 40% in Q1 11. If we obtain confirmation of the property slowdown, bank balance sheets will be damaged. Markets now view this scenario as possible. Therefore, the Chinese financial sector is now exhibiting worrisome signals. Thus, the Chinese equity financial sector has clearly been underperforming US and European peers over the last six months. Next event: New Yuan loans 10-15 June 2011.

Consequence 1: Chinese CDS will be on the rise in H2 if China starts to slow. For now, the 5-year CDS is not pricing this scenario. Current market pricing suggests that either a hard or soft landing for China is merely seen as a potential scenario not very likely to happen. Conversely, SG economists (link) believe that China may soon face unusual turbulence and have adopted a bumpy landing as a definite possibility. Indeed, recent inflation figures and warnings of a potential property slowdown are not discouraging investors from investing in China. But, with further rate hikes, there is a risk of a property crash or equity market collapse. If we compare the Chinese situation with the economic situation before 2009 in the US, we get an idea of what could happen to Chinese CDS as US CDS jumped to nearly 100 from 6.5 in only 10 months at that time (May08-March09) Next event: Chinese CPI for May, 13 June.

Consequence 2: Hard commodities will fall apart if China starts to slow in H2 11. For example, early in 2011, we already saw a dramatic fall-off in Chinese appetite for copper although prices remained high due to continued production issues. Contrastingly, agricultural demand from China is likely to protect soft commodities better from a fall in prices as demand is still trending higher. For example, soybean imports from China doubled over the past five years which means demand was up by nearly 5Mt/year. The recent tightening in monetary policy had a limited impact on soybean prices and even the deceleration in economic growth could fail to curtail agricultural demand. Shortly, China will become a net corn importer and then a wheat importer. Next event: End of US QE2 30 June.

So the main risks are:
Risk 1: Revaluation on the horizon. The economic situation, with high inflation, may push China to revalue its currency. It seems that the option of a one-off or smaller revaluation may be back on the agenda. The effect of a revaluation will of course depend on the amplitude of the move. But, excluding the US dollar, if we assume a 20% currency revaluation, this would only bring the yuan back to where it was when China joined the WTO in late 2001. As the Chinese currency is pegged to the USD, the yuan has mirrored the USD’s decline against €, Japanese ¥ and AUD since China joined the WTO. Meanwhile, the yuan was revalued by 20% against USD during the last 10 years.

Risk 2: Hard landing (vs bumpy landing) could be a major risk for the world economy China’s April data release was quite mixed with inflation still above the target 4% ( at 5.3%) and disappointing retail sales figures meaning Chinese consumption didn’t growth fast enough. Once again, this is pushing the People’s Bank of China to raise rates for the fifth time since the start of the year. The key issue for the Chinese central bank seem to be the slowdown in demand for credit and capital inflows. Our economists expect two more interest rate hikes, but the risk attached to this policy is that we could end up with a hard landing. If this were to materialise, it would be a major threat for world economies.​

They've been talking about "soft landing" or "hard landing" for the Chinese bubble for quite some time now. I'm going to go with option C. Crash landing.

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Shit is getting serious in China. There are rumors and speculation swirling around the capital of an attempted military coup.

The revolution will not be televised. Not in China nor in the USA.

Beijing on edge amid coup rumours Financial Times
The Chinese capital is awash with speculation, innuendo and rumours of a coup following the most important political purge in decades, with even some of the most well-informed officials in the dark about what comes next.