What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Chevy's 65W organic LED Jack Flash micro scrog

Chloemobile

Is the coco washed ? Kept moist? I do see the blumats... Coco can be high in (p or k i cant remember) and i always had trouble with it if i let it get tio dry

Chevy cHaze

Out Of Dankness Cometh Light
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey MrCopyZ: No, no lime mixed into the coco. Just maybe 20% worm castings. I guess those PH8,5 waterings didn't really help them grow in that coco...

Chloemobile: No it wasn't wahed. it comes in hard dry bricks and says it's buffered and no need to rinse... Never had problems with this brand. As I said it was too wet for a while ( I mean soaking wet for like 2 weeks). I've adjusted the blumats now so the coco is moist at all times, but not dripping wet.

thanks for the feedback you two !

take care,
cc

Randy Lahey

Hi cannabis friendly people,
Next update, day 104 from seed& day 60 of flower.
We're in the official harvest window given by sensi for this strain.
all trichs cloudy, but absolutely none amber yet. maybe a few clear ones here and there, but not enough to really mention.
Voila, ze ladies:

View Image

they're getting plain water for over 2 weeks now, still no major signs of yellowing leaves, there's still nutes in that soil. good they still have to go a couple days so they can use up the rest.

here's a closeup of a group of buds:

View Image

they are allright, although I have had this strain's buds much denser at this time. Well this round was no boosters and shit, maybe that can explain this partly?

rh and temps remain unchanged, same as last update.

the bonsai moms downstairs are ok, although some of them seem to have some problems

View Image

I fed them for the first time a couple days ago and they seem to get better now. I think for a while the coco was too wet and no nutes let them turn pale green. Maybe they had already used up the little nutes in the worm castings I mixed into the coco?

here's acloseup of the one that's got it worst:

View Image

I have to admit I watered them with unPHd water a couple of times ( app.8,5), before the got the adjusted H2O at 6,5. That might have thrown them off too.

looks like a mix of nitrogen& potassium def to me, or what do you guys think ?
They seem to be getting better after the feeding, new growth looks mostly allright.

I give them another week or so until chop, I'm keeping my eyes on the trichs.

more soon, take care & stay safe!

DUDE!!!! :biggrin::biggrin:Beautiful results on that "Jack Flash":biggrin::biggrin:
Can't wait to see the final weight... If you got the projected estimate or not...

nephrosis

Sorry for asking so many "random" questions... but how often do you flip your harvest? 65 grams every 3 months+/-? or do you have it in stages?

Just so damn interesting with such low wattage, makes me wonder if i can just do 150w and get what i need from that every 3 months....

You sir are inspiring

Didnt want to add another post because im faded, but where did you get your lights from? i would love to try a few

Chevy cHaze

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sorry for asking so many "random" questions... but how often do you flip your harvest? 65 grams every 3 months+/-? or do you have it in stages?

Just so damn interesting with such low wattage, makes me wonder if i can just do 150w and get what i need from that every 3 months....

You sir are inspiring

Didnt want to add another post because im faded, but where did you get your lights from? i would love to try a few

No prob, nephrosis, I'll help out a fellow grower where I can.
especially when it's about saving power.
I had a long veg this time to fill the screen...
Yeah roughly every 3 months is good. I have a few moms now so that will shorten the time til chop, but so far I have only been running from seed. I'd say 3 months form seed/ two month with clones, depending on the strain. These Jackflashs have a flowering time of 55-75 days stated by sensi and I guess that's about right... they'll be done soon !
It's really not a ton compared to some other grows here on IC, but enough for me which was my goal. At minimum electricity use.

btw, it's the so called "hans panel" from the netherlands, first version ( aka pre august '13). search the web for bonsaihero and you will find them. I don't think I can post links here, sorry.
They have new and better versions of my panel on their website now.

all the best, take care,

cc

nephrosis

No prob, nephrosis, I'll help out a fellow grower where I can.
especially when it's about saving power.
I had a long veg this time to fill the screen...
Yeah roughly every 3 months is good. I have a few moms now so that will shorten the time til chop, but so far I have only been running from seed. I'd say 3 months form seed/ two month with clones, depending on the strain. These Jackflashs have a flowering time of 55-75 days stated by sensi and I guess that's about right... they'll be done soon !
It's really not a ton compared to some other grows here on IC, but enough for me which was my goal. At minimum electricity use.

btw, it's the so called "hans panel" from the netherlands, first version ( aka pre august '13). search the web for bonsaihero and you will find them. I don't think I can post links here, sorry.
They have new and better versions of my panel on their website now.

all the best, take care,

cc

!!!!!!!! that what i needed to hear! im going to save up for a panel or 2 and see what i can get!!! i can have my room set up to harvest 1 plant a month if i have it set up right. maybe an ounce every month depending on strain/lights

Chevy cHaze

ICMag Donor
Veteran
true that tleaf jr. !
Waiting for some amber and then it's time to chop!
I wonder how I'm going to get the buds out of the screen, man.. hahaha

Chevy cHaze

ICMag Donor
Veteran
update d111/f67

update d111/f67

BongJour everybody,
This will probably be the last update before chop.
We are at day 111 from seed and day 67 of flower.
The ladies are fine and finally the nutes in the soild are coming to an end.
First discolorations are becoming visible. JF#2 is most sensitive to the nute shortage, #1 is definitely second and #3 is still fully green. Hmmm well same strain but 3 different seeds !

Here's the cab:

picture.php

I've been trying to work on my photo skills, and to make friends with the macro settings, well I'd say there's room for improvement hahaha.

Here's a shot of the canopy, a little dark sorry guys:

picture.php

and here are couple shots of individual buds of the three ladies.
Here's JF#1:

picture.php

Here I have two shots of #2:

picture.php

picture.php

Chevy cHaze

ICMag Donor
Veteran
update d111/f67

update d111/f67

An here's #3:

picture.php

The only one that's showing at least a couple amber trichs is #2.
temps and rh remain the same since last week.

Checking every day now if to harvest or not.

The bonsai moms in the basement seem to have recovered, all new growth is green& healthy after adjusting PH and 3 light feedings.

I switched off the heating of the room and installed a heating mat under the floor of the bonsai moms. Seems to be sufficient to keep the temp of the cab for now. I'd rather heat the cab itself than the whole room around it.

back in a bit when it's chop chop chop.

stay safe & take care you all

Last edited:

stimjoe

bravo!Dude ,you are doing a wonderful job with these beautiful girlz. i can't waiting to hear your finale harvest.

Chevy cHaze

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks stimjoe !
#2 has fallen before the weekend and the other two are going down until wednesday.
Update's in the oven and so far, just from one plant chopped, it looks amazing that's all I can say at this point ;-)
#2 is beeing dried carefully already as I type this.

all the best & take care,

cc

Chevy cHaze

ICMag Donor
Veteran
update day 115/ 71st of flower

update day 115/ 71st of flower

BongJour good people of ICMag,
Here's an update and 1/3 of a harvest!

#2 of the girls has fallen last friday, she's already drying and will go into either jars or the freezer ( see freezer drying method here on IC) probably tomorrow or a bit later, depending on progress of drying.
Here she is in, well not all her beauty, but in pieces on the drynet:

picture.php

The buds are not gigantic in size and there is definitely a lot that many would consider popcorn and/ or larf, but they are sticky as hell and since this is strictly for myself I don't care about bag appeal.
As said, this is one of the three plants, curious how much it will be in total.

Here's the cab with the remaining two girls:

picture.php

They have been cut off from water and were in total darkness over the weekend.
Wanted to give the shock ripening method a try.
I'll chop tomorrow or a day later.

I have to say, it was too much of a thicket in there during the second half of bloom.
I should have defoliated much more rigorously and not let anything on the plants below the canopy. Maybe that would have helped with bigger nugs.
But what th' hell, as I said bag appeal- I don't care.

Back with yummy final results soon!

take care & stay safe,

cc

Latest posts

Latest posts