What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Chevy's 65W organic LED Jack Flash micro scrog

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Very nice harvest!!

I'm a little confused about the purpose of the rh meter when it comes to drying bud.
When the meter is sitting next to the buds on the drying rack it shows 47%. The meter in an empty jar shows 64% and the meter in the finished jars is 65-67%.

How does this tell you the buds are at the correct dry range? Would the meter show 99-100% rh if it was stuck into a jar of freshly cut buds and the lid closed?

If you buds lose 3/4s of their weight how does 65% rh tell you that they've hit that weight loss point?

I'm confused on the relationship between air moisture and bud moisture.

Chevy cHaze

Out Of Dankness Cometh Light
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thank you all for the flowers !

blynx, I hope I can answer and explain your questions:

- When on the rack, the hygrometer is giving a reading of the air in the place where I dry. It just says: these buds are drying in air with a rh of 47%. everyday they're lossing more and more water and after a couple days they feel dry on the outside. BUT: they're still wet inside

- at this point I put them in jars and the moisture from the inside of the buds will naturally be distrubuted throughout the the already dry outside of the buds and evenly through the whole jar. This re-distribution of the moistire will take approximately 24hours. After this amount of time you'll get a pretty accurate reading what the overall moisture in the jar, and therefore in the buds is. That's probably the 67% we're seeing, I just dumped the buds out into the cup real quick, I guess the meter hasn't adjusted yet with a new reading of the outside air.

- In the finished jars the humidity is about the same as the one just emptied out, just like before I emptied it into the cup.
- I try to keep the jars between 60%-65% in the "curing zone" . Too dry for mold, but moist enough for curing . This is my wanted rh for the finished product. It wil be kept at this rh until consumption. At just above 60% you can easily store it now for a year if you want.
Of course they would become even lighter If I driedd them out more, but that would kill the curing process.

I have to admit that each jar has a different rh...
One plant was chopped a week earlier than the rest and then there's different amounts in each jar, smaller amounts dry quicker when I air the jars for a couple minutes eveyday.

I hope this answered you questions, If not please let my know!

all the best& take care

cc

Chevy cHaze

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Great job man, this really should show people how great these lights are! What are your plans for next round?

Thanks, Keif !
I will veg the plants of the med man silver skunk bx1 test grow under this panel. However, they will be moved into my tent for flower, around 10 plants in flower is just too much floorspace to be covered by just one of these panels...
Not quite sure what comes after that... maybe another micro scrog without the mistakes of this run[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
smile.gif
[/FONT]

Hi everyone,
Here we are finally, seeds grew to plants veg turned into flowering and today after 125 days I can present you the fruits of all the work that happened in between.

All three plants are now in the curing zone at app. 65%rh and jarred individually to allow for better testing and choice which mother(s) I'll keep.

Please excuse me for using the monster cups, I'm not into hard drugs normally but didn't have anything that would find space on this ridicoulusly small scale.

Here's JF#1:
View Image
this one yielded 17,7 grams of dried bud

Here's JF#2:
View Image
this one yielded 37,8 grams of dried bud

and here's JF#3:
View Image
this one yielded 24,7 grams of dired bud.

So, the harvest comes to 80,2 grams of dired bud grown under 65w( total panel draw incl. fan)
You do the math, I've had enough of numbers for today[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]View Image[/FONT]

And just in case, here are all three of the jars.
View Image

they are slightly bigger than a quart ( 1,2L).

Well it's been a while since I started this thread, let me finish it by saying it was a pleasure to share it with you.
Thank's to everyone who helped me out or contributed otherwise, or just stopped by.hope you enjoyed it as much as I enjoy your threads when I need help or I'm just browsing IC.

Of course I will post a detailled smoke report after a reasonable amount of curing as well as a shot or two of the buds at that stage.

So til then,
take care everyone, stay safe and keep g(r)oin' !

Awesome man, 80G's from 65 watts of LED...that's really cool.
Did you happen to ever get any more pictures of the finished product along with a possible smoke report. I'm really curious how the LED did overall

Chevy cHaze

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sorry SmottPoker, no real budshots, just the one I took of the jars.

#1 was def. the best smoke by far- least grams , but best smoke. pungent fruity smells with other aromas I can't really put my finger on. a bit spicy on the tongue and the greatest aftertase I've had in a while! smell went through all bags I put it in. only the jars hold the aroma inside.
uplifting, mood enhancing, real irie I would call it. no sleepy stuff. lasted pretty long too, I'd say 4 hours. then again hard to tell when you're puffing hahaha.

I could not tell any bigger difference betweeen #2&#3... good weed, but nowhere near #1.
same smell for both... not as fruity as #1, more on the earthy side of things I would say.

Overall I'm going to keep #1( for quality extraordinaire and for getting you high as a mf kite) &#2 ( for reasons of "productivity", hahah sounds so agricultural, this one produced a lot)

Chevy cHaze

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I wanted to write this all up more detailled, but no chance right now... I had to move in the middle of the next grow and it's all a big mess right now.
Maybe I can finish off the details when I have a bit more time at hand sometime in the future.
Sorry again for not getting you guys some good pics of the cured buds....

later,

cc

I wanted to write this all up more detailled, but no chance right now... I had to move in the middle of the next grow and it's all a big mess right now.
Maybe I can finish off the details when I have a bit more time at hand sometime in the future.
Sorry again for not getting you guys some good pics of the cured buds....

later,

cc

No worries man I appreciate the details you were able to give. I'm blown away man 80 something grams from 65W, I'm sold…I need to replace my 150 during this summer cuz it gets way to hot out here.

Chevy cHaze

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah that was my initial spark to go for LEDs as well...
When you cannot have crazy venting, HID is sometimes too hot in some areas.
Fine in the wintertime, but way too much heat come july and 30°C temps ;-)

I got my hands on a new inproved panel with 80W output/15% more light according to Hans.

I'll do a report on this one too asap here in IC.

LEDs just take away so many problems for me...

nephrosis

omg this is epic!!! i neeeeeed to get a setup like this!!! im only using 6.5w led light and putting my babies outside.. i need 100W setup

ufo-hans

Very nice! At your first post you talk about the size "is roughly 40cmX60cm and height is approximately 110cm." But the next Post you show a cloning "room" like you say. so is the height even smaller? Cause I just want to grow in a very small box and was thinking if the 65watt hans-panel is perfect; have you heared something of the silent version?

Thanks a lot!

Chevy cHaze

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks Nephrosis, and sorry for the late read here on my end !

Ufo-hans: That's correct, I have a small compartment in the bottom for clones and seedlings. it's roughly 35 cm high and powered by 2 PL-Ls, 15w each I think...
The main compartement that I quipped with the LED panel is the rest aka 70-75cm.
This cries for a scrog and heavy training of the plants... no use trying to grow trees in there hahaha

Thanks for stopping by, I could talk about this setup forever hahhaha

take care& all th best,

cc

Chevy cHaze

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Very nice! At your first post you talk about the size "is roughly 40cmX60cm and height is approximately 110cm." But the next Post you show a cloning "room" like you say. so is the height even smaller? Cause I just want to grow in a very small box and was thinking if the 65watt hans-panel is perfect; have you heared something of the silent version?

Thanks a lot!

Hey Ufo-Hans, Sorry forgot to answer your question: I haven't personally tried the silent version, but I imagine it will do just as good as the one with fan... for even less energy as there are no fans....just these aluminum heat fins. The little computer fan mounted to the back of the panel is real quiet too, but you can def. hear it... take care, cc

Buddle

Veteran
Fantastic thread. i recently acquired a cut of the Jack Flash which led me to this thread..Great work Chevy and thanks for sharing it with us all. I hope my pheno is like your number one.

Chevy cHaze

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey Buddle,
Wow awesome, still getting feedback here after 2 years!
Good luck, Have fund growing and smoking it buddy !

Arf

Discrete LED panels sure seem to be good at gm/Watt. that's when they use decent LEDs in them of course. Funny how the larger grows trend toward white phosphor COB LEDs or HPS.

Nice efficient grow Chevy.

Chevy cHaze

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thank you very much C64, it has been a pleasure ![FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
tiphat.gif
[/FONT]

Latest posts

Latest posts