What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Chemdawg D (??) vs Pacific's G13...

Status
Not open for further replies.
there was a breakdown somewhere...surprised the other member in question hasn't shown to give their thoughts..this story sounds familiar ....

Hindu Killer

Veteran
Ok.....what about the Pacific G13????? Who has it? How is it? etc. etc. If BC is rateing it this close to Chem D. Then it is surely killer. Lets see pics and experiences. We know the Chem story. Whats the PG13 story.???

Grat3fulh3ad

The Voice of Reason
Veteran
Pacific's G13 is a great plant... no doubt. That's why it's one of the building blocks of my genetics program... But the chemdog d I smoked was more potent, imho...

Grat3fulh3ad

The Voice of Reason
Veteran
it's decendants are used in my work, yes...
I've got a line inbred that gives me fairly consistant results, and crosses very well...

G

well after talking with chem about this ordeal actually this past saturday. he said it was a 91 cut of the cd. then proceeded to tell me the 91 was nothing comapred to the d. but he also said that chick outkastt ran them and killed em all as they thaught the weed was shit. so this is either that cut or a made up version of it. but i believe the cut in question(outkastt's cut) is the 91 .

G

thanks for the info brother! :wave: only outkastt really knows if its the real '91 cut going around then i guess. :confused: it wouldnt be let down if i got the '91 cut though, i've always wanted that one too.

Last edited:

Hindu Killer said:
Ok.....what about the Pacific G13????? Who has it? How is it? etc. etc. If BC is rateing it this close to Chem D. Then it is surely killer. Lets see pics and experiences. We know the Chem story. Whats the PG13 story.???

The PG13 cut is okay IMO, there are much better cuts out there that have that lovely "elite", tag.

The story with the cut is that it isn't G13 at all, or even a cross of the real G13. If you want real G13 genes look for the Airborne cut and/or grow out some of the Mr. Nice G13 crosses.

Breezy420

Tarzan of THC said:
There is no such thing as clone only. The people who were given Chemdog clones could have promised to never give clones out. They could make selfed seeds and give them away and never broke there word.

Huh? Selfed seeds don't reproduce the plant they came from 100% so what you get from them isn't what you smoked. Maybe something alike, but its not the same as the bud you took them from. I guess I don't get your logic on how there is no such thing as clone only.

REZDOG

Veteran
Tarzan of THC said:
There is no such thing as clone only. The people who were given Chemdog clones could have promised to never give clones out. They could make selfed seeds and give them away and never broke there word.

Also some of the people who were given Chemdog were given it knowing full well they were going to grow it and sell or give away some cured buds. And in a very few of those buds there were a couple of seeds. That's how I got my Chemdog seeds, my NYCD seeds and my WonderBud seeds.

Chemdog was grown and bought in State College home of Penn State from a brainy California kid. In 4 ounces I found a total of 4 seeds. The NYCD was bought in NYC from a courrier service. I was only ever there enough times to ever buy a total of 3 ounces but found 12 seeds. WonderBud I have smoked an ounce and have found 3 seeds. I currently have a WonderBud grow started on Planet Ganja (you can find it if you want).

It doesn't mean these strains are hermies. It means they are still driven by the same internal force that all living things have under Mother Nature. They want to survive and multiply. They will and do make 1 tiny little male flower in the middle of one or two buds. And when this happens the lucky finder has a female seed of a clone only plant or an expensive elite strain.

Ah,dorm-room logic.
How quaint. :D :D

11061cdd_2_.JPG

G

Breezy420 said:
Huh? Selfed seeds don't reproduce the plant they came from 100% so what you get from them isn't what you smoked. Maybe something alike, but its not the same as the bud you took them from. I guess I don't get your logic on how there is no such thing as clone only.

Not to mention that you have no idea what pollen hit the buds you bought, you also have no clue (other than the brainy cali kids word lol) that what you bought was authentic. I know if I was some cuniving kid lookin for some cash, I would look up strain names online and call it whatever I want.

Keep it real

guerilla

Not to mention that you have no idea what pollen hit the buds you bought, you also have no clue

So true, especially with all the recent males that have been popping up in selfed seeds. Things that make you go hmmm....

Still, I'll gladly take a fist full of selfed seeds to run along with any "elite", clone that I feel is worth a damn. Just to see...

G

Tarzan of THC said:
No they aren't all going to be the same. They can be similar but with slight differences. They can almost be the same with minimal, insignificant differences. They can be widespread major differences ie more indica, more sativa, etc, etc. And they can be exactly the same. Just like a pack of seeds from any strain. You might have to hunt through a bunch of seeds or maybe get lucky and find "the one" right away.

I also think a skilled breeder could cross this plant and then select the right ones and do the necessary backcrossing and cubing or whatever and get exactly the chemdog they want.

There is no clone only. Bagseed will always live on.

Long live bagseed.

As long as there are Noticeable differences - The orginal will still be considered the clone only. Regardless of how minimal the differences are or how insignificant they may Seem ;)

And umm.. :lurk:

G

There can be major differences in plants grown from selfed seed. The potentual for getting something simular to the seed mom is there though and there is actually the possibility of getting something that you might like better than the mom although that is unlikely. Every seed is a mystery with the possibility of being shit or the Holy Grail.

I think that somehow somewhere that the clone that was reviewed was mislabeled simple as that. There was no malice or tomfoolery, somebody along the line just mis marked the clone. It happens, I try to be very careful but I screw up sometimes too. Right now I have a clone flowering that's marked Strawberry Diesel and it's obviously not. Shit happens.

Grat3fulh3ad

The Voice of Reason
Veteran
Geneticly s1s have the same 'genetic math' as f2s ... and are generally no better parental representaion than any f2 generation...

B

Brad

chemdog came from a few seeds in a pound right?? so how the heck is that a selection process??someone needs to make 2nd generation seed and grow out a couple hundred and i guarantee you get something better..just my opinion.I dont doubt the quality of the clone,but i know better

Status
Not open for further replies.