What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Chemdawg 91 pheno hunt

ogdizzle

Tent breeder hating on tent breeders?! The hype train has left OG station. Nothing remotely new here accept a new level of arrogance. This rant sounds like the coke scene in boogie nights. If you know Mendel you will know that you are masking and locking in undesirable traits in your breeding plan. How about something new? Og, Durban, chem 91, afghani ....
You should familiarize yourself with John Locke.
I have all kinds of true f1 monohybrid crosses tgat are original in testing phase.

ogdizzle

So you have people "all over the world hunting land races" and you're jetting off to Morocco, India and Nepal, and yet you aren't using the actual Chem 91 cut or the OG cut to make your soon-to-be-famous (well in 5 or 6 years) Chem X OG. Uh huh.

I haven't seen this level of bullshit since Supaclown showed up claiming his daddy created Florida Crippy, aka OG Kush during a layover in Florida while traveling from Hawaii to Indonesia for a surfing expedition.

My bullshit meter pegged out on your first post, but I think you just broke it. Congratulations, you have reached Supaclown levels of unbelievable. I did not believe that was possible, but here we are.

You obviously don't know much about my og kush and what a stable cultivar is.

ogdizzle

I just wanna get this correct, your breeding outside to increase resitance to pm and other outdoor related conditions. But you have breeding tents inside? How's that work? In my line of thought, you were gonna start large numbers outdoors, and select from them, not vice-versa. Your intentions also contradict what you write. You say your trying to make the best of the best, but not get rich. But then go on to say your making world travels, and are going to employ native's of these countries to work for you, and make selections? I would think it would be hard to make that happen, without having lots of extra cash. But....what do I know, I'm just a small room hack.

the breeding tents are for seed preservation and fasttracking of stabalizing programs. With tents my inbreeding programs, progress gas sped up by a good bit. When I make new f1 hybrids it's in my greenhouses.

ogdizzle

I think you have an inaccurate perspective on what "most" breeders do in the first place... your general disregard and lumping together everyone as hacks is bordering on offensive. There are many of us that search for YEARS for plants we feel fit our program and hope will advance our seed lots in the desired direction.

You're discussing taking something to F10 - with out even considering epistasis.

Sounds to me you are just discussing qualitative traits - which any grower with a couple seed sprouts under their belt can begin to understand the nuances of phenotypical variation and how to segregate given populations accordingly...

Which unfortunately, it will not mater if you take things 2 generations or 10 - you are not doing anything differently than most other breeders.

Unless you are able to identify what alleles are actually responsible for the desired gene traits you are attempting to stabilize...if you can not approach breeding from a quantitative level...well.

If you think a polyhybrid is going to express traits in a manner that is discontinuous... you're going to have problems once you get into the later filial generations and you realize that you accidentally deleted a desired trait in the process of eliminating another.

The problem with advancing cannabis past the paradigm that we are currently in - is prohibition...and the lack of laboratory study to truly begin understanding what is necessary and desirable vs what is technically "junk" in the genome.

I see no harm in mixing genetics the same way that 100 other breeders already have - who knows, maybe you'll be the next one to get lucky.

But that is all it will be. Luck.

I think TomHill was right when he started such conversations years ago - and it actually took me a couple years of more intensive and directed study to begin agreeing with him. Unfortunately, the more I learned, the more I realized he was correct...and to a degree, it really took the wind out of my sails.

Education can be very humbling to those who seek to understand knowledge rather than manipulate it for their agenda.

-----------------------

Don't know who you are - where your stock came from - who your teacher is - or any of the rest of it...nor do I rightly care. The FACT of the matter is - even 10 generations down the road - you are still just pissing in the wind like all the rest of us. If your ego can't take knowing that - I suggest you don't ever embark on this journey.

dank.Frank

This is pretty elementary. First off I don't believe anybody understands the causes of epistasis and also when breeding with polyhybrids (such as chem) you do have the run the risk of having poor fertility rates due to epistasis, but that's when you chuck a line into the trash. I hate to do it but will if I have to. Have done it before with a Gorilla Glue 4 x Durban, 1:10 germ rates. The main goal is to get some badass cuts, but if the seeds fail oh well atleast we got some new chem clones around, because I'll smoke it on the regular.

ogdizzle

Yo I just want to say I just got snowhigh's blueberry blast flowers from the cup and I'm really stoked I have 5 little BBB from seed going. What a nice strain.

EastCoast710

the breeding tents are for seed preservation and fasttracking of stabalizing programs. With tents my inbreeding programs, progress gas sped up by a good bit. When I make new f1 hybrids it's in my greenhouses.

I hope u have hepa filters. and shti in each tent. or separate exhausts and intakes to not get pollen contamination . ive seen dudes with same tent setups have problems because of slacking on filters.

ogdizzle

I hope u have hepa filters. and shti in each tent. or separate exhausts and intakes to not get pollen contamination . ive seen dudes with same tent setups have problems because of slacking on filters.

I take very precautious measures and use rotation to prevent this. if all the tents in same room they will have the same male in each one. I also use a spray of alcohol water mix on ourselves before entering tent rooms, so if I was working in another room with pollen that takes care of any on my clothes or body.

EastCoast710

I take very precautious measures and use rotation to prevent this. if all the tents in same room they will have the same male in each one. I also use a spray of alcohol water mix on ourselves before entering tent rooms, so if I was working in another room with pollen that takes care of any on my clothes or body.

in reality even that is bad business practices.. you should be showering before going from room to room with diff pollen donors. if your willing to do all the WORK u claim. this 5 minute hop in the shower shouldn't be an issue.:huggg:

ogdizzle

in reality even that is bad business practices.. you should be showering before going from room to room with diff pollen donors. if your willing to do all the WORK u claim. this 5 minute hop in the shower shouldn't be an issue.:huggg:
i gave different jumpsuits for each room that get washed daily after use, I do shower in between with an atomizer and alcohol water. i also take showers before starring my indoor routine.