What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Chemdawg 91 pheno hunt

ogdizzle

Good luck man. In a couple years who knows we could all have missed out on something special by not paying you the proper attention. Good vibes from here man.
One thing I wanted to mention though.. It's not nice to rag on other breeders "small" setups. I mean.. you have small setups..you just have a couple of them. It seems like a lot of small time setups get scaled up to large inefficient setups when your 1 4 x 4 room turns into 5 4 x 4 rooms or whatever the case may be. It works in a prohibition market but this style of growing will only last as long as prohibition.
Peace
I feel you bro, yea I'm just popping off a bit back at people who are just natural born haters. I too started in a closet, so I am not talking smack on people with small grows. It's the guy online trying sell his seeds dude started with 5 plants to choose from. I asked myself what type of breeder would I buy from? Someone who goes above and beyond organic, someone ultra selective, someone choosing from a large pool and someone who takes years to stabalize before marketing. So I formed into that grower/breeder. Mostly people are mad because I won't reveal my source, which if I gave could give away my identity through investigation. I don't want drama especially about who I have worked under, since I am my own man and it's like, if I can't find my customers the best and rarest then I'll get out of the business.

ogdizzle

Who exactly have you managed to piss off, and what exactly do you have to show that pissed them off? If your work is pissing people off, give us an example of something you've done that's causing such an uproar.
This posting of mine hasn't been up 24 hours and already have people calling me a fraud, bad breeder, and I'm full of crap. I feel now like I'm just going to take this thread down and when my genetics hit the market I'll release my grow journals, lineages and photos all at same time. I just figured people may appreciate this type of project guess I was wrong. I have gotten nothing but doubt and humility in here, but the truth is I am brave and confident. It's just who I am. Yall just read the reports when I release my seeds to the public. This thread I'm scrapping, I was going to keep people informed but I changed my mind. Unless something terribly bad happens, I guarantee to show my 500 chem plants and tge deselection process , my keepers and who created the seeds I used. Not on this thread anymore, I honestly so busy I don't have time to argue with everyone here.

ogdizzle

yall will know me and see me in due time. I'm doing this project for the lovers of the og and chems, like myself. i am looking for my new personal smoke that i will share in seed form, stay tuned.

rykus

Although I agree whole heartedly with what your saying.... The way your coming off is probably not as your intending.

I know it's easy to be passionate and think others don't understand on your level, but honestly I think you need to re asses. People come here all the time spinning stories and dropping names ect, but better off to wait and bring the pics or start out with a little more subtlety.... And ripping on closet growers then posting rooms of pre fab closets is not selling people on your next level approach.

Anyways, I'll follow along, doing a breeding program myself and always looking at how others are doing their thing..... Love to see some Durban x Afgani pics!

ogdizzle

Although I agree whole heartedly with what your saying.... The way your coming off is probably not as your intending.

I know it's easy to be passionate and think others don't understand on your level, but honestly I think you need to re asses. People come here all the time spinning stories and dropping names ect, but better off to wait and bring the pics or start out with a little more subtlety.... And ripping on closet growers then posting rooms of pre fab closets is not selling people on your next level approach.

Anyways, I'll follow along, doing a breeding program myself and always looking at how others are doing their thing..... Love to see some Durban x Afgani pics!
I feel you, I came off as a bit arrogant. I just want to raise the bar on breeders, so people are going to hate on that. I'm going to test the keeper female of afghani durban outdoors, I'll post pics. Right now I have 15 of them tiny plants, but surpisingly stinky for it's size, not even 8 inches tall. I'm going to maybe take a clone and test indoors too this year.

WelderDan

Veteran
This posting of mine hasn't been up 24 hours and already have people calling me a fraud, bad breeder, and I'm full of crap. I feel now like I'm just going to take this thread down and when my genetics hit the market I'll release my grow journals, lineages and photos all at same time. I just figured people may appreciate this type of project guess I was wrong. I have gotten nothing but doubt and humility in here, but the truth is I am brave and confident. It's just who I am. Yall just read the reports when I release my seeds to the public. This thread I'm scrapping, I was going to keep people informed but I changed my mind. Unless something terribly bad happens, I guarantee to show my 500 chem plants and tge deselection process , my keepers and who created the seeds I used. Not on this thread anymore, I honestly so busy I don't have time to argue with everyone here.

When you make claims like you have, don't be surprised when people expect you to back those claims up.

What people appreciate is facts, not vague references and no supporting evidence.

I'd say you're not quite ready for prime time.

ogdizzle

When you make claims like you have, don't be surprised when people expect you to back those claims up.

What people appreciate is facts, not vague references and no supporting evidence.

I'd say you're not quite ready for prime time.
Nobody said this was primetime I'm just getting warmed up. Before this is said and done I'm going to employ poor farmers in places like Uruguay and Mexico, now them and thier family making a better living putting money into thier local economy. I don't plan to be rich, but I plan to fill my mantle with awards and spread the money to these poorer nation farmers and I'll pay them to grow thousands of a specific strain and pick out the best one. I got people all over the world hunting landraces I'm connected with. I pride myself on being one of the fee actually preserving these strains and keeping them pure. When I can trust someone to run the farm for a couple weeks I'm off to Morocco, India, and Nepal. I am trying negotiate a trade in Northern Paki but we can't travel there at this time.

ogdizzle

i found what I believe is a rare pheno in my og, it's by far the smallest og plant of the bunch. with more sativa dominance and the smell at 4 weeks from seed was undeniable. I smelled 60 other plants growing with it, and this little extra sticky thing still smelled really fruity for an og. So I'm killing off every plant other than my best male and female og, along with the unknown sex fruity plant and another og male that's much stickier than the standards. That way I can go ahead plant more OG seed and search for phenos. You can call it wasteful, but the soil from plants I throw away goes into the garden to grow food.

WelderDan

Veteran
Nobody said this was primetime I'm just getting warmed up. Before this is said and done I'm going to employ poor farmers in places like Uruguay and Mexico, now them and thier family making a better living putting money into thier local economy. I don't plan to be rich, but I plan to fill my mantle with awards and spread the money to these poorer nation farmers and I'll pay them to grow thousands of a specific strain and pick out the best one. I got people all over the world hunting landraces I'm connected with. I pride myself on being one of the fee actually preserving these strains and keeping them pure. When I can trust someone to run the farm for a couple weeks I'm off to Morocco, India, and Nepal. I am trying negotiate a trade in Northern Paki but we can't travel there at this time.

So you have people "all over the world hunting land races" and you're jetting off to Morocco, India and Nepal, and yet you aren't using the actual Chem 91 cut or the OG cut to make your soon-to-be-famous (well in 5 or 6 years) Chem X OG. Uh huh.

I haven't seen this level of bullshit since Supaclown showed up claiming his daddy created Florida Crippy, aka OG Kush during a layover in Florida while traveling from Hawaii to Indonesia for a surfing expedition.

My bullshit meter pegged out on your first post, but I think you just broke it. Congratulations, you have reached Supaclown levels of unbelievable. I did not believe that was possible, but here we are.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I was going to say something too Dan.
Though...
Idk of the superclown incident. LMAO!
Sounds humorous.

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
I am a new breeder, who inherited access to a pretty massive collection. I am going to plant 500 small chem 91 weeding out the males, hermies and the bads, to find the best of the best and get a clone. The few that will remain I will dust with my teachers ibl sfv og and then bx back to my selected chem 91. This is also going to be done guerrilla style, going to be a process setting up this year and start growing the next year. This year in the guerrilla patch I will be running flowers only, gorrilla glue 4 and cinex only a few plants but decent sized ones. the chems will be direct seeded i late spring so very small. My location is undisclosed, but the soils are great but the conditions are brutal. The keeper Chem must be very mold resistant to make it here. I am going to do the same selection process with my og kush and lemon pledge og the following years. Stay tuned we should see a grandchampion if all goes well. I figured if I got into breeding, I may as well select from a mighty vast pool.

breeding tents room 1

I just wanna get this correct, your breeding outside to increase resitance to pm and other outdoor related conditions. But you have breeding tents inside? How's that work? In my line of thought, you were gonna start large numbers outdoors, and select from them, not vice-versa. Your intentions also contradict what you write. You say your trying to make the best of the best, but not get rich. But then go on to say your making world travels, and are going to employ native's of these countries to work for you, and make selections? I would think it would be hard to make that happen, without having lots of extra cash. But....what do I know, I'm just a small room hack.

the gnome

Veteran

mmmmkay think ive heard this one before.... :shucks:

Picarus

Tent breeder hating on tent breeders?! The hype train has left OG station. Nothing remotely new here accept a new level of arrogance. This rant sounds like the coke scene in boogie nights. If you know Mendel you will know that you are masking and locking in undesirable traits in your breeding plan. How about something new? Og, Durban, chem 91, afghani ....
You should familiarize yourself with John Locke.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I think you have an inaccurate perspective on what "most" breeders do in the first place... your general disregard and lumping together everyone as hacks is bordering on offensive. There are many of us that search for YEARS for plants we feel fit our program and hope will advance our seed lots in the desired direction.

You're discussing taking something to F10 - with out even considering epistasis.

Sounds to me you are just discussing qualitative traits - which any grower with a couple seed sprouts under their belt can begin to understand the nuances of phenotypical variation and how to segregate given populations accordingly...

Which unfortunately, it will not mater if you take things 2 generations or 10 - you are not doing anything differently than most other breeders.

Unless you are able to identify what alleles are actually responsible for the desired gene traits you are attempting to stabilize...if you can not approach breeding from a quantitative level...well.

If you think a polyhybrid is going to express traits in a manner that is discontinuous... you're going to have problems once you get into the later filial generations and you realize that you accidentally deleted a desired trait in the process of eliminating another.

The problem with advancing cannabis past the paradigm that we are currently in - is prohibition...and the lack of laboratory study to truly begin understanding what is necessary and desirable vs what is technically "junk" in the genome.

I see no harm in mixing genetics the same way that 100 other breeders already have - who knows, maybe you'll be the next one to get lucky.

But that is all it will be. Luck.

I think TomHill was right when he started such conversations years ago - and it actually took me a couple years of more intensive and directed study to begin agreeing with him. Unfortunately, the more I learned, the more I realized he was correct...and to a degree, it really took the wind out of my sails.

Education can be very humbling to those who seek to understand knowledge rather than manipulate it for their agenda.

-----------------------

Don't know who you are - where your stock came from - who your teacher is - or any of the rest of it...nor do I rightly care. The FACT of the matter is - even 10 generations down the road - you are still just pissing in the wind like all the rest of us. If your ego can't take knowing that - I suggest you don't ever embark on this journey.

dank.Frank

EastCoast710

Speaking of wannabe dan, I don't think many breeders pick the best out of 500 most seem to be chucking pollen in thier tiny little closets. That's not what OGDizzle genetics is about. Only the champion of champions, from proven champion genetics.

lol

dude sorry but your sketchy lol . best out of 500 out of outdoors. good luck.. your proly in cali. meaning you cant even do outdoor seeds and be certain that the pollen didn't come from elsewere lol

EastCoast710

I just wanna get this correct, your breeding outside to increase resitance to pm and other outdoor related conditions. But you have breeding tents inside? How's that work? In my line of thought, you were gonna start large numbers outdoors, and select from them, not vice-versa. Your intentions also contradict what you write. You say your trying to make the best of the best, but not get rich. But then go on to say your making world travels, and are going to employ native's of these countries to work for you, and make selections? I would think it would be hard to make that happen, without having lots of extra cash. But....what do I know, I'm just a small room hack.

exactly.. dudes not releasing his info because he knows his mentor will comeout and rip him apart for being a shitbag haha

ogdizzle

lol

dude sorry but your sketchy lol . best out of 500 out of outdoors. good luck.. your proly in cali. meaning you cant even do outdoor seeds and be certain that the pollen didn't come from elsewere lol

also these are not going to be grown in USA. 500 plants cmon man think about how crazy that is.