What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Chemdawg 101

sugabear_II

Veteran
High&Lonesome said:
hey sugabear :wave:

my memory is a bit shaky on the mass superskunk. i believe its just a great pheno found in a pack of late-80s/early-90s sensi superskunk.

sounds like it could be the same as I know this clone has been around for a while.

I hope you don't mind - here's a dry bud shot of some of that superskunk - this actually wasn't grown as well as I've usually seen them do with it. It's more green then previous samples I've gotten which tend to be more golden and crystally

-suga

zamalito

Veteran
Hey H&L thanks for putting all of that together for us. I've always avoided the chemdog threads as they always seemed to be filled with so much bickering and debate from people who didn't have any way of knowing to begin with. A lot of what I had in my head was incorrect and you've corrected it. Thanks for getting it right. I was actualy in Tahoe in '96. I don't think I smoked any chems though.

What do you make of the male plant they found? Do you think that could mean the chems actually came from a seedline?

G

I love how Jason King hits it on the head once again then with MA Super Skunk...'completely different and superior to Sensi's generic and weak dutch super skunk'. Mountain Grown Kush. Ocean Grown Kush.

JDOG6000

Veteran
LOL that was funny bro^^^^^

Sounds like a plan MysterX. I'm looking forward to it.
The D is definately missing in my collection, no doubt about that.
So it's that much better huh? I know it has to yield better from the pics I've seen.
The 91 doesn't yield as well. It's OK but not like the D pic's I've seen.
But the bud seems dank. Way better then the 91 I smoked. Mine smells bomb, like fuel and solvent and cleaning fluid. Nice!
I can't wait to try the D and the #4. I got a good 3 months till I get to try the #4 I'm gonna grow.

G

hey zamalito :wave:
i used to think the beans were the product of a hermaphroditic pollination, but after hearing there was a male, im curious. looking through the pictures of the different phenos and looking at the couple i have, i dont think it was a very stable line. it would be nice though if chemdog found a male and could make a true ibl.

im growing jj-nyc's tres dawg right now. one of them looks EXACTLY like chemdawg d, but the nodes are a little tighter. its showing male preflowers, so there will be some interesting hybrids here for sure. :D

Last edited:

cannigrow

Here's some MSS. I think over time some cuts of it have become a little leggy, as you can see in the pic of the bigger one. The shorter one looks like a classic skunk, and is better in my opinion. They both have the same scent and bud formation, but the shorter one stays a little tighter from what i can tell. Ohenry runs the mss too, his looked like the taller one from what i remember. The comparison pic is of mass skunk and skunk1. The skunk1 was way fruitier, something that's missing in the mss, which is more funky, sour earthy skunk. Maybe a hint of old air from a rubber tire in there too...

I'm pretty sure H&L is right, it's a sensi skunk from the late 80s. Ummm, so ya, it's decent bud - not amazing. It's great for breeding I'd say, given some of the crosses that came about.

There's also some chem d pics from a few weeks ago...just to stay sorta on track. I've also got some chem hybrids brewing up and not that Elite b.s. either...

G

thanks for the pics bro! :wave: what chem hybrids do you have, the ones you and i have talked about? good luck with them man, i'd love to see some pics!

G

I just harvested a panama red x (strawberry diesel x doubledog) and it's pretty tasty. The taste of doubledog comes through in every cross that I've made which I guess is not surprising seeing it's rather strong tasting. The panama red x (sd x dd) had a dud structure similar to the PR with less airy buds and larger crystals. It also only took about ten weeks compared to the 18-20 weeks my PR takes. Tastes pretty good with a good hint of the dog but no where near as strong tasting. Buds are sativa dom in structure but a bit denser. I don't have any plant pics of her but I'll get around to posting a nug shot (with my shitty camera, lol).

Of the crosses that I've made with the doubledog I think my favorite so far has been the strawberry diesel x doubledog. Blockhead x doubledog is very nice but it's a very stocky plant that needs a long veg time. Nice smoke though and for a small plant it yields very well. I have a SSH x (SD x DD) at about six weeks of 12/12 that is finally starting to look decent. I think it's going to need about 10-12 weeks to finish. Here's some pics.....

Strawberry Diesel x Doubledog

Blockhead x Doubledog

G

zamalito said:
What do you make of the male plant they found? Do you think that could mean the chems actually came from a seedline?

if im followin all the info Zam, chemdawg is/was a rename of the original bud the chem seed came from. also if im followin right, it also came from locals here in my area. have heard it called colorado dog, but dont know if thats accurate.

Pbud (another local line) has said it was bud from some bikers outta crested butte. ive smoked Pbud (Paonia Purple Paralyzer) have never heard of CO Dog or chemdawg local. ive asked quite a few of the old local growers around here (used to be a hotspot around here for outdoor growin) about Pbud or chem seed, and noone has any, or heard of CO Dog or Chem.

lots of the local growers are growin a line called redlands here. sorry line imo. good ole days are a memory around here. Feds had a big wing ding around here 12 or so years ago, and many a grower lost there land and homes. and i believe that was the demise of the Pbud. i was suprised to hear chemdawg actually had seed of the Pbud, as the story here is the grower of the Pbud, either was busted, or skinned out when it went bad here. and he was very protective of his line.

so chemdawg, if the story is accurate, originates from a seedline here on the western slope of colorado.

CBF

cannigrow

H&L, yea the ones we talked about, actually two selfed versions, not hybrids. My bad. I'm told they're supposed to be off the meter. Do you guys find that the chem smells in veg much? These sure smell nice when you give em a rub.

Yo Rudedude did you really flower that thing in a 16oz cup like that?? lol.

G

Hey Bro, yup I grow everything out in those cups. They are filled with perlite and vermiculite and sit in trays that hold nutriants (and airstones).

cannigrow

AHHH I see, that's cool. I thought it was just soil. So you do a soiless hydro? Looks like a pretty decent yield considering the container size. I like your style.

Great thread High&Lonesome,

Some one mentioned that Schroomy's original diesel is not the headband. Can some one help me out with this one? What is it? 91 chemdawg?

Thanks

m.steelers

Enlightened
Veteran
Stoney I responded to you in Rez forum in more detail on that. but from what I can tell....

There was a different cut/buds that floated out west for a little bit recently and they called it the headband. according to most it was more like an OG related cut than a Diesel. Anyway, the "Original Diesel" is occasionally in clubs out there now, and I'm sure it will start getting called 5 different names soon... but the west coast crew has access to it and I'm sure you'll see some more honest reports coming up in the near future. I know I saw a few heads that have copped it out there now.

I have one going I will take some pics of in about a week or so... it's just getting ready to ripen. They will be some of the last shots you guys see from me for the immediate future.

Peace to all,
M

MSS

MSS

Sorry for the fuzzy memory here but I believe the MSS was a 1986 (87?) Sensi skunk that was grown in VA for some time before making its way to MA. Ill double check and edit my post...

G

grown in va? is mss a roadkill-ish skunk? i know the 'virginia skunk' from around that time is what a lot of people think of when they think rks. i only knew of one person (personally) who had the seeds and he's doing some major time. i assume his seed stock was confiscated.

JJ-NYC

orgogliodiprovi said:
Sorry for the fuzzy memory here but I believe the MSS was a 1986 (87?) Sensi skunk that was grown in VA for some time before making its way to MA. Ill double check and edit my post...
Yes I think your right 1986. I remember hearing that the MSS came from VA originally.

Latest posts

Latest posts