What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Chemdawg 101

W

wonkanobe

everyone phil hangs with jj who has the original cut so I would not dis phil he is in the inner chem circle so if he thinks shroomys is not the real deal I believe him. Phill is headband the same as od/dawrecker

W

wonkanobe

igt

wich of the 91 chems is the skunk va cut. the one labeled 91 /1 or 91/2?

m.steelers

Enlightened
Veteran
peace to all. i'm just sayin is they may have gotten the wrong cut. there were 2 in the collection. that's all.

I mean there's a pic, I'll post more later... it's open for critiques, comments, evaluations... but that sure looks like diesel. the cut smells like gasoline with a hint of sweetness, taste is similar and somewhat chemical. potency is up there, not the strongest i have had, top 5, but it is very nice and will bust your lungs up most every time. I'm lookin forward to this next batch wrappin up... looks like a good run.

G

has anyone selfed the 91 cut and searched through the beans to find something like og kush?

Last edited:
i say, screw the whole hype about chemdawg. if nobody knows the origin/lineage of the orginal mother and father, there is no way to find its genetics.
if no one knows the origins then we cant duplicate it, if we did know there would be no misundersting and lots of production.
Nothing sucks worse than searching for an answer that u will not find.

Last edited:
G

what? what about crossing it to a male with similar characteristics and then back-crossing it from there? thats certainly an accurate way to duplicate the genetics in seed form.

Last edited:
W

wonkanobe

well benny no one is trying to find an awnser to the lineage ?? it will never be known trust me I bought the weed and mailed it in 91. but we can enjoy and discuss the cuts that are around thats what this thread is about.

why didnt anyone backcross or inbreed the kids in the first family?
The chem lineage is to challenging to follow. what happens when you lose the papers that specifies the strains lineages.
I have 2 questions tho
Might the chems die off due to unknown original strains and consistent outside breeding?
How far has chem seeds/buds spread east and west of colorado and what is its frequency around the states compared common strains like the widow hype

G

Bennythejet said:
why didnt anyone backcross or inbreed the kids in the first family?
The chem lineage is to challenging to follow. what happens when you lose the papers that specifies the strains lineages.
I have 2 questions tho
Might the chems die off due to unknown original strains and consistent outside breeding?
How far has chem seeds/buds spread east and west of colorado and what is its frequency around the states compared common strains like the widow hype

Not too frequent, my friend. While it may have originated in the East it sure as hell didn't squeeze into many places here in the South... and for good reason. Out west I think you can find it, but you never know what your getting from a club...so I would say chem genetics got into the west somehow or another.

Being as heavily guarded as it is, years from now it is highly unlikely any authentic representation of the original will be left. However the argument on the other hand is if it is released to the masses what horrid things are the going to breed with it and fuck up its 'image' kind of like the whole kush bullshit. This is all my 'medicated' theory by the way :D

It's a vicious cycle.

Last edited:
G

GhostToker

The only reason that happens is because the strain is guarded and hyped (not commenting on whether its true or not) to begin with. How many fake Apollo 11's are there? How many fake Sour Diesels? Once something is released and made readily available, people arent interested in passing fakes/crosses off as the real deal(original), so its image doesnt suffer. After rezdog's release of chemdawg genetics, I would expect to see everyone and their grandma with a "chemdawg" cut pretty soon... along with the endless fake/not fake arguments

Last edited:
G

the chem cuts arent from colorado, its a northeast thing. and i can think of perople in all regions of the country with chemdawg. its not 'dying out' anytime soon, i guarantee it.

there are already private chem seedlines that are extremely representative of the cuts as well as others in the making. its not as heavily guarded as it was and there will be seeds in the future, it just takes time. its not like one guy has cuts, there are many.

Last edited:
G

High&Lonesome said:
the chem cuts arent from colorado, its a northeast thing. and i can think of perople in all regions of the country with chemdawg. its not 'dying out' anytime soon, i guarantee it.

there are already private chem seedlines that are extremely representative of the cuts as well as others in the making. its not as heavily guarded as it was and there will be seeds in the future, it just takes time. its not like one guy has cuts, there are many.

Ya ya... the SD IBL is also considered a good 'representation' but doesn't touch the real ECSD cut IMHO... I guess I am a picky grower :confused: Maybe the chems will be easier though...

Nspecta

Veteran
wonkanobe said:
igt

wich of the 91 chems is the skunk va cut. the one labeled 91 /1 or 91/2?

The #1 is tha Skunk VA cut man...the #2 is tha one that resembles Shrooomy's Original Diesel & looks Sour D-esque.

Here's a quote from last year...swooped from Planet Ganja.

chemdog said:
May 20, 2006

Whats up WTR your right on the money i have started about 6 of the orig and i recently gave 4 to joebrand who i orig bought the bud from in 91 he is doing them right now i am trying to get him to do a report over here.I have not got a male yet have 2 left.The three are close the orig 91 cut is more ogkush sour taste and the sister is a thick expanding punch smoke more of a peppery taste and the chem D maybe the best yet its lemony skunky thick one hit ripped weed ive turned more people green on that shit even pros.Fire is right those pics are from my buddy on west coast SkunkVA those are in fact the 91 orig chemdog all those pics are orig chemdog.

The curious thang is...Chem said he hadn't found any males out o' tha original beans he found...contrary to what H&L has posted up...a lil' confusing but no big deal, I guess.

Also...NorCaliKush, tha above quote should help yer ? a lil' bit too.

IGT

G

yeah, i had always heard chem say he hadnt found a male and now he says he had one but disguarded of it. :chin: maybe he was embarrassed for messing it up. i have been very curious about that since i posted this thread actually. i just didnt want to question the information and sequence of events he sent.

im assuming the more recent recollection is correct. any info there OdP?

Last edited:

JJ-NYC

I'm pretty sure Chem found a male in the first batch of seeds he did back in 91. I know Phil has smoked the real Diesel #1 or whatever you want to call it and if he says it's not the same then it isn't the same. Do you have something that is related to the Diesel or Chem? most likely if you can taste the Diesel flavor. Do you have the 91 Chem x SS/NL? Most likely not.

REZDOG

Veteran
Chemdog D:
11061ddc1.jpg

11061ddc2.jpg

11061ddc3.jpg

Chemdog D Kush:
11061cddk1.jpg

damn rez those mother fuckers look right brah keep doing your thing. o ya rez can u post picture of that hindu kush u used with the diesel#1. thanks

Last edited:
G

norcalikush said:
damn rez those mother fuckers look right brah keep doing your thing. o ya rez can u post picture of that hindu kush u used with the diesel#1. thanks

I second this notion. :YaRight:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts