What's new

Chem Valley Kush and Tahoe OG grow

budman678

I come from the land where the oceans freeze
Veteran
Shit yeah...way better...nothing in a bottle can compare to the power of ACT's, because the bottle is anaerobic environment. No bottle can contain aerobic bacteria because its sealed up and not being aerated. When you brew the tea you are growing the number of bacteria/fungus (microbes) up to 10,000 the original amount you started with...and the aerobic bacteria's are the ones you want, anaerobic's are far more dangerous and likely to contain something that will harm your plants. So, that being said, you want to use an Aerated tea as asap after taking the air out..it can go anaerobic on you in 4-6hours..and then you got a batch of poison..

Anyways on to the recipe..I've been using these simple recipes and I', getting great results..(although a little bit of burn on the tips from the MICROBES eating up the nutes sitting in the media and hitting them with a huge dose all at once..if I would have been using ACT's the whole time I wouldnt have had this problem, however I've just recently found out about them)

these are all per gallon...scale up or down as necessary.

VEG: 1 tsp Molasses (un-sulphered), 1/2 cup EWC, 1/2 cup alaskan humus, 1 tsp rolled oats, 1 tsp kelp meal, 1 tsp alfalfa meal, 1 tsp bio marine.... bubble for two days at grow room temp....strain and mix 1:1 with RO water and root drench...cut with another 50% RO water and foliar

Bacteria Dominant bloom: 1 tsp Molasses (Un-sulphured), 1/2 cup EWC, 1/2 cup alaskan humus, 1 tbsp rolled oats (powdered), 1 tsp kelp meal, and 1 tbsp alfalfa meal, 1/4 tsp rock phosphate, 1 tsp fossil fuel

Fungus Dominant bloom (for use about halp way through flowering): use the same amounts as the bacteria tea except use 150% on all the grains.... mix your grains (kelp,oats, and alfalfa) with your microbe source (EWC and Alaskan humus) and make into a mud...cover (poke holes through the cover), and put it on a heating pad for 3-7 days to grow a mycelium....put that in your brewer (bucket) and add more grains and rock phosphate...bubble for 24 hours, strain, cut with RO water at 1:1, and use as root drench

I'm new with act'S AND DONT PRETEND TO BE AN EXPERT....just trying to help..Ive found this very beneficial for my own garden.

VEG- 1 tsp

Thanks for taking the time out of your day to help explain more about teas. Unfortunately I am looking for a s'more simply recipe.

Veg:
1 part ewc
1 part high p guano
I part fish emulsion

Haha I made the above up, but I think you get my point...there has to be very simple recipes for ACTs

What do you think? Does it have to be soo complicated?

Zdub7k

well the key to a good tea is diversity....You want to have as much diversity of good/benificial microbes as possible..So I think about it like this...there are really only 3 ingredients: 1) microbe source (EWC, Alaskan humus) 2) food for the microbes (molasses for the bacteria, and the grains mostly for the fungus 3) Oxygen (you want to have sufficient dissolved Oxygen levels in your tea to keep it aerobic...

So use as many or as few ingredients as you want..the more ingredients, the more diverse the mirco life will be...

PS..I wrote those recipe's off the top of my head and forgot to include high Phos bat guano for the flowering recipes and high nitro bat guano for the veg...1 tbsp per gallon..

hope that helps

budman678

I come from the land where the oceans freeze
Veteran
thanks guys
i found what i was looking for:

Very Basic Recipe

Per gallon
1 tbs guano
1 tsp earthwormcastings
1 tbs molasses

Aerate for at least 24 hrs.
For veg use Mexican and Peruvian Seabird guano.
For flowering use Jamaican and Indonesian.

supherbb

SO dank!

SO dank!

Just took some CVK down a few weeks ago, I have the pheno that purples late in flower that was described earlier in the thread. Excellent quality buds, you're definitely in for a treat with these.

Zdub7k

that recipe looks ok...if you want a bacteria dominant tea...the only food source for the microbes is the molasses...you may want to consider adding some grains for the fungus....or maybe not...let us know how it works for you.

W

Wookieefoot

Lookin' good, zDub! Any experience with other strains of the same breeder? I've always been interested in trying Blackwater...

BTW I didn't see any mention of what kinda light your running. Was interested how many watts your using.

Zdub7k

@cflking- thanks man, they do look similar, they share some of the same gentics, the smell completely different tho. The CVK reeks of chem...and the Pink Tahoes have varying smells bc I'm growing out the mothers from seed to isolate a pheno for cuttings, My favorite being the skunky, pungent, OG aroma coming off of the #9 right now..its def tahoe dom.

@wookiefoot- yessir, bout all of em..except the buddha tahoe..been looking to get that one lately...but its sold out..I've done the blackwater before, def good stuff but we didnt keep it, a friend of mine suposedly has a killer blackwater cut that hes bringing over later this afternoon...I've got the Julius Caesar and the Larry OG in this room as well...I have a thread tracking the Larry, Julius, Alaskin Ice, and Pink CM (Pink Tahoe's mother) as well..if I knew how to use this site better I would post a link here...check em if your interested..as far as the light goes, I'm running an experiment on this room to see if I've been over killing the light all these years...I'm running 2 lumatek 1000's cranked up to super lumens, with King Cobra 8'' hoods...but here's the interesting part, the lights are as high as I could get them with the 8' ceiling. Previously I would have ran 4 lights in this size of room...10'x12'...but I wanted to try a Euro style high light technique to maximize grams/watt.. I said from the beginning if they looked lacking or under nurished in any way that I would hang two more in the room, but have yet had to...so far I'm pleased with the size and density of the flowers..it seems to be working great...and you get a shitload more space when you move the lights up that high...I know it sounds weird..bc I keep my plants short too..but its working well for me. Like I said this is the first time I've done it like this and am just trying to keep improving in anyway possible....It looks like it might be payin off big time...EYE hortilux HPS bulbs by the way

Happy Trails Folks....

-Zdub

Zdub7k

Pink Tahoe #8&#9

Pink Tahoe #8&#9

OK, here are the two pheno's that have charged ahead of the pack. The #8 grows medium in height with lots of branches and produces rediculous amounts of crystals and is looking like a 56 day strain. It smells skunky with a hint of OG in the background, grows chunky kush style buds, with a medium yield (based on noding). The #9 grows medium/short in height with alot of branches and has a super rank OG smell, produces a rediculous amount of crystals (as much as #8 and noticably more than all the rest). It is looking like a 63 day'r, and isnt as chunky but grows longer colas instead of ''floating'' chunky buds, leaving me to believe it will be a high yielder..

Pink Tahoe's 9,8,7 for size comparison

Pink Tahoe #8 -day 43

Pink Tahoe #9 -day 43

Zdub7k

I hit everything with a dose of RO water and Fox Farm's Sledghammer the last watering, for no reason other than preventitive measures. Everything is looking great, stacking calyxs and piling on trichomes...I should note that I hit a branch of the CVK with pollen from my selected Pink Tahoe male. Something I prolly wont get to popping for 9 months or so, but I dont like to miss and opportunity to cross two great strains and continue my work in genetics. GO BLUE!!!

Zdub7k

UPDATE!!!

UPDATE!!!

update day 49 for these girls.....flowers seem a little undersized to me...I'm assuming its just from less light than I usually use. I really want to go hang two more lights in the room but it would skew the results of my experiment.....other than that the plants are very healthy and quality looks top shelf.

PT#7 day 49

PT#8 day 49

PT#9

CVK day 49

J

J.C.grower

lookin amazing! dub7! cant wait to see the outcome, looks so frosty and pungent!
good job ! good luck!:wave:
JC:joint:

Jayson420

looking good, nice and frosty. let us know how much each yields. How many watts are you using? HPS? how many plants total?

cody2white

ghost in training
Veteran
here u go

here u go

@cflking- thanks man, they do look similar, they share some of the same gentics, the smell completely different tho. The CVK reeks of chem...and the Pink Tahoes have varying smells bc I'm growing out the mothers from seed to isolate a pheno for cuttings, My favorite being the skunky, pungent, OG aroma coming off of the #9 right now..its def tahoe dom.

@wookiefoot- yessir, bout all of em..except the buddha tahoe..been looking to get that one lately...but its sold out..I've done the blackwater before, def good stuff but we didnt keep it, a friend of mine suposedly has a killer blackwater cut that hes bringing over later this afternoon...I've got the Julius Caesar and the Larry OG in this room as well...I have a thread tracking the Larry, Julius, Alaskin Ice, and Pink CM (Pink Tahoe's mother) as well..if I knew how to use this site better I would post a link here...check em if your interested..as far as the light goes, I'm running an experiment on this room to see if I've been over killing the light all these years...I'm running 2 lumatek 1000's cranked up to super lumens, with King Cobra 8'' hoods...but here's the interesting part, the lights are as high as I could get them with the 8' ceiling. Previously I would have ran 4 lights in this size of room...10'x12'...but I wanted to try a Euro style high light technique to maximize grams/watt.. I said from the beginning if they looked lacking or under nurished in any way that I would hang two more in the room, but have yet had to...so far I'm pleased with the size and density of the flowers..it seems to be working great...and you get a shitload more space when you move the lights up that high...I know it sounds weird..bc I keep my plants short too..but its working well for me. Like I said this is the first time I've done it like this and am just trying to keep improving in anyway possible....It looks like it might be payin off big time...EYE hortilux HPS bulbs by the way

Happy Trails Folks....

-Zdub

All in search my friend

Zdub7k

Sorry folks....I've been gone but I've been busy.....its warming up here in Michigan so I had to install 2 750 cfm 8" fans in the room (and hooked the big can carbon filter to it), as the temps were rising and I like to keep it in the mid to high 60's...I also bailed on the Euro-crap, hung two more big daddies in the room and cranked em up. I am almost ready to harvest the next crop out of the same room...with the additional lights. The lights made a huge difference in my yield, but hey...I wouldnt have known if I wouldn't have tried, it was worth a shot...these nugs are looking superb...I've isolated my keeper Pink Tahoe pheno as well, it turned out to be the #3(previously not pictured). I'll throw up some pics tomorrow or the next day...Happy 420 from the mitten everybody....

Latest posts

Latest posts