What's new

Chem Valley Kush and Tahoe OG grow

cfl...KING

Listen my username is from 07 lol
Veteran
2-3days behind you, I have a thread going... "the cab, the box, and the rubbermaid".

I also remove almost all of the fan leaves, always increases the yeild for me too.

Zdub7k

My ACT went bad on me I think. I don't know for sure but wanted to err on the side of caution. It started to smell like apple cider vinegar on the third day, anybody know exactly what that means? Did it go anaerobic on me? I kept it aerated the whole brewing cycle.

Zdub7k

update!!!

update!!!

Here we go, its starting to get a bit more interesting....day 29 of flower (7 days since defoliation) and starting to produce some trichomes, calyx's are developing, leaves are growing back and plants are looking good.

Tahoe OG- day 29

CVK- DAY 29

T

TribalSeeds

That CVK is one of my favorites also. Im planning on growing that or Headband next time. Yours should be cured before my current grow finishes. Ill be watching this thread to see how these bitches turn out.

Zdub7k

The taste of the CVK is phenomenal, I've never had the pleasure of tasting chem d (the mother) but it is def dominated by the chem. It doesn't taste like the SFV OG (father), Just pure chemy power...I love this stuff.

@Budman- Yeah something like that. had some extra materials lying around and the CVK get a bit lanky and could use the support. It also allows for better light directly to the bud sites improving yield.

Zdub7k

BTW....I guess its probably worth noting that this is the first run of the Pink Tahoe, popped 18 beans, got 12 females. I'm currently flowering all the mothers for phenotype isolation, and The plant documented here is PT#7. I have always liked this one hence the #7 ( my lucky number), based on leaf shape as a seedling, and overall vigor. I think this one is the keeper, But I'm probably going to have to have to jar it and let my nose make the final decision. Happy Trails.

-Zdub

budman678

I come from the land where the oceans freeze
Veteran
Tell me more about defoliate method? That seems like a heated debate. To do or not to do. When do u do it? How often? How many fannerz do u prune?

budman678

I come from the land where the oceans freeze
Veteran
Who exactly is swerve? Hey DJ. All is well. The Tahoe whitehas been germed

Zdub7k

I defoliated them on day 21 of flower. Really, each grower has there own tricks that work for them, some people dont get the same results and prefer other methods, to each his own. I pull off anything that is shading a bud site, so almost all of the major fan leaves ( all of the fans that grow off of the main stem directly). It definitely works for me, improves yield and the quality of the smaller buds. Swerve is a breeder from cali. Apparently he is not thought of highly on this site(others will disagree, some take rez's side and some take swerve's) so I wont mention the name of his company as this site are sort of like his rivals as far as I can see....as far as the taste of the chem valley...no lemon there for me..I hate lemon flavored strains and I dont ever taste lemon in OG or chem varieties....I think theyre way off with the description on that one regarding the lemon.

Zdub7k

That's a 5 gallon pot...I do if the plants are this size....if I flower smaller plants I usually go with a 3 gallon pot.

CVK tastes vary from pheno to pheno. I have 4 phenos that I have been running the past 2 years. Two phenos are very similar in taste and growth, these 2 turn purplish late in flowering and the taste is hard to explain. Real smooth incensy taste, not overpowering. The chem D dom pheno I have is sick(looks just like the real D), lemon fuel is best way to describe the taste. This one is mold prone so you gota watch it. Now for my favorite pheno, straight up f'ing fire. She is lime green with crimson red hairs and tastes just like it smells, coffee/keroseen. All phenos are very easy to grow and very potent.

As far as defoliation goes.. I don't defoliate much, I just get rid of a few large fan leaves that are blocking light to the lower buds. Usually I do this weeks 5-7 of flowering. IMO leaves are like solar panels... The more you remove the less energy a plant has to grow. On average I get .7 to 1.5 grams per watt depending on the strain and growing conditions with this method.