What's new

Chem D x C99 and Querkle

budman678

I come from the land where the oceans freeze
Veteran
i have grow a couple chem/diesel crosses so i am not used to a funky berry candy kool aid smell. the querkle is a dream so far. frosty as hell and i will end up having large querkle spears...i will take some pics in a couple days when i pull em out.

the runt querkle is going to turn into a huge nug the size of my forearm

woolybear

Veteran
Velcro plant ties... pretty good. i've only read 1 page of this thread and I've already learned something!

Shit, I think home depot is still open! Time for a trip...

budman678

Veteran
Velcro plant ties... pretty good. i've only read 1 page of this thread and I've already learned something!

Shit, I think home depot is still open! Time for a trip...

well damn, i dont know about me teaching anyone anything. i am a noob in all sense of the word. i learn from everyone here and i fancy the notion that i have taught anyone anything new.

i will once again credit GrowForIt for the plant tie idea. the man is the MASTER of LST

budman678

Veteran
chem99

iQ5qB.jpg

PDf6x.jpg

querkle

zu000.jpg

lsjWq.jpg

querkle runt

et6BU.jpg

budman678

Veteran
in line waiting patiently to be watered/feed

6nF7R.jpg

36a7c.jpg

back row of the tent: left to right is chem 99, querkle, querkle

pSCA9.jpg

ut0I7.jpg

chem99s waiting to be fed and stuck back in tent

WPRzN.jpg

budman678

Veteran
chem99 stackin

m5jYU.jpg

tent is full again

o0L57.jpg

flowers

1pZD7.jpg

E7kvn.jpg

wind and the sun

IDTna.jpg

i havent found any male flowers whatsoever in four days or so. this is a good sign. i believe they were stressed and threw a couple just to keep me on my toes...still watchng carefully but i think im in the clear

budman678

Veteran
bad news strikes again! i cut down the nice looking querkle. there was a male flower the burst. i didnt find it in time. i left the other querkles and left all four chem99s. it was initially the querkle that i found the nanners on. i will continue to monitor and see how things are.

i will continue with the others and simply monitor. thinking about taking out the 600 tomorrow...temps are getting too high with this heatwave. gonna pop in the 400

temps arent outrageous, 65f-80f but i cant imagine any other stress i have put them through...staying positive. just a bump in the road...

budman678

Veteran
I had 1/10 querkle hermie on me as well. The others are all fine. It could just be the genetics...

i hated to do it as it was beautiful but i had to. i am hoping it didnt fuck with my other ladies. i am on the look out. i should have culled it when i first saw them. she was unfortunately the main offender. im okay with it though, she is already resting in the compost pile

budman678

Veteran
Lessons learned. Going to do some tinkering and improvements to my system tomorrow night. Another thorough nanner check. I will take lots of pics tomorrow

budman678

Veteran
the ONLY light source in the basement PERIOD is a small red light from the powerstrip/timer. i have had it in the same place for the last two grows without no ill effect. but being very cautious, i went ahead and put tape over it to shield the light. Keep in mind, my ladies are in a tent in a pitch black basement. i have a hard time believe any light leaks caused this.

it was hard to cut the querkle and stick her in my compost. but it had to be done...

gotta give them a big drink of pure water tonight so i will report back after nanner hunting

budman678

Veteran
playing around down there...the smell of the chem99s got me....a soft, baked by the sun piece of pineapple...just rotten stinky ripe pineapple...

havent seen male flowers in three or four days. they are fillin in and lots of new growth....

i do have a couple fan leaves that are yellow at the tips and a alittle necrosis on the chem99s....remaining querkle is stinky of berries and sugar

DeoXy

Nice run so far!.. sucks about the querkle hermie.. some gem's to be found in a pack that's for sure!.. I have 1 keeper vegging as a mother currently along side a qrazy train also from TGA.. can't wait to run both again when the tent empties..

The chem99's are looking great btw.. deff. let them go.. your prob looking at a harvest in the range of 55-70 days depending on the pheno.. the c99 seems to be quicker and the chem side seems to take longer to ripen.. bust out that scope around the 8th week and start checking them from there:tiphat:..

Also a dimmable ballast would solve your light switching prob. due to heat.. I have a 600w lumatek one that I love, tend to run it at 400w for veg and bump it all the way up for flower.. I can dim it down to 400w and 360w or all the way up to 600w or super lumens which gives u an extra 10% lumen output all using the same bulb.. I've been bouncing between 600 and 400w to compensate for the extra heat the last week trying to deal with this heatwave hitting the midwest..still too early to put the ac in.

budman678

Veteran
Also a dimmable ballast would solve your light switching prob. due to heat.. I have a 600w lumatek one that I love, tend to run it at 400w for veg and bump it all the way up for flower.. I can dim it down to 400w and 360w or all the way up to 600w or super lumens which gives u an extra 10% lumen output all using the same bulb.. I've been bouncing between 600 and 400w to compensate for the extra heat the last week trying to deal with this heatwave hitting the midwest..still too early to put the ac in.

DEOXY~ I have a 400/600 nextgen ballast. I can run my 600hps bulb on the 400watt setting? is this cool? what are the advantages?

DeoXy

DEOXY~ I have a 400/600 nextgen ballast. I can run my 600hps bulb on the 400watt setting? is this cool? what are the advantages?

Yes sir! w/ the same bulb.. the advantages are less heat w/ more flex ability w/o switching anything :).. won't affect them if only done for a few days at a time(think about cloudy days outdoors.. plants don't always get 7 days in a row of full on sun light) but they grow and finish just fine, your only cutting it down by 200w and in that size of a tent the 600w is prob overkill to begin with ;), essentially you want the most lumen output thru flowering for max production under your lamp but having that dimmer ability will save you from having to take the light out or switch it to a lower watt lamp just to combat heat stress.. I have been doing this for a the past week and a half.. and finally bumped it back up to 600w as its cooled off outdoors so my temps are steadily back @ 78F..

W/e you do don't just scrap the plants over a few nanners.. a lot of that is stress related.. fix the problem and they will fix themselves.. light leak is the most common reason along side over and under watering.. plants are pretty resiliant to begin with.. I've had them pop up even under near perfect conditions only to die off right away or have sterile pollen and not do shit lol.. picked and never seen again the rest of the grow!.. they like to appear on the bottoms.. clearing out the bottom larf on each plant would help SOME..or at least to be able to see them better..

budman678

Veteran
I wish I hadn't cut the querkle. Thanks for taking the time to be so thorough in your reply. You really schooled me brother. Thanks!

I might take some pics tonight. I believe the male flowers were one time things. I believe I over fertilized the chem99s early and the leave are yellowing out right now at five weeks. A little too early in my opinion.

I think I will feed the querkle for another week or ten days and the begin flushing. Take around 60 or 65. I believe the chem99s are chem leaning phenos and will need 70+

shawkmon

Pleasantly dissociated
Veteran
grab that open male flower,witht he fan off, and dust a lower flower on a diufferent plant, and label the branch, pow , female seeds, saving genetics and no wasting time with males, i love female seeds, i always get a boner when i see a male sack on a female plant, i also like to grow from seed so maybe thats why, peace

Latest posts

Latest posts