What's new

Chem D x C99 and Querkle

nugbuckets

hey nug...missin your updates brother...havent updated thread in four days and im Fuh-Reak-Ing out...haha

....first you write this in my thread....then you go 8 days without a response.....i am feeling abandoned! WTF!:wave:

budman678

I come from the land where the oceans freeze
Veteran
You have typical 3rd-4th week nanners. Pick them off and proceed. It is very common for the Chem lines to do this during these weeks. I'd not toss those...it will be a mistake to do so. And me...I'd breed with them...if all else looks desirable.

thanks pablos...this is what i had read about the chemdog family. the male flowers consisted of a single ball. hard to see with naked eye, on a small stem. they werent bunched and they were only about 5-6 on a couple different plants...

im going downstairs with cam to see if i can find any to take pics of

thanks for assuring me to not choppy...they look so good...

budman678

Veteran
hey nug...missin your updates brother...havent updated thread in four days and im Fuh-Reak-Ing out...haha

....first you write this in my thread....then you go 8 days without a response.....i am feeling abandoned! WTF!:wave:

you bring up a very very good point. i have no excuses, but believe me i am watching intently. very intently....i have serious grow envy....im going to peep the scene...wish me luck!!!

budman678

Veteran
okay..i went down stairs and found a couple more male flowers...

nugbuckets, i found them on the querkle...or atleast what i think are male flowers...i got photos!!!

sK9Ir.jpg

layvS.jpg

xpakl.jpg

i have noticed a pattern, there seems to be male flowers that are near branches that i have cut. seems like there is stress of the plant associated with the male flowers...as if my plants didnt like getting lollipopped and shoot out a few male flowers in protest

VdhXp.jpg

6DVum.jpg

budman678

Veteran
6DVum.jpg

querkle shot!

6HWi4.jpg

also, most of the balls i found tonight were on the querkles...hmmmm

now, i want to prove to ICmag that i know the difference between male and females....here is an example of female flowers (pistils)
yf1gk.jpg

but if you look at it close enough, it looks like some of the balls i posted above could be femals flowers that havent shown pistils...the reason i think this is bc most of it is at the very bottom...a couple feet from the light

RSqpO.jpg

what is everyones thoughts after seeing the pics

nugbuckets

shit, maybe it is a stress thing.....surprised to see them on the querk......you have to get all those bastards off.....something is fishy with the pistilly shots, cause they have a base stalk like a male flower......looks like they all went through some shared stress....but be dilligent getting them off, and you should be alright......

budman678

Veteran
i have had some unreal temp swings in the basement...lights off 55 to sometimes 75-76 with lights on...plus, i lollipopped the shit out of them in one fell swoop...other than a drought i caused a long long time ago, weeks before flowering, they have had adequate water and food...no top burn, nice 'n green....they seem to be very happy besides this recent SNAFU

i am going too give them another once over tonight before going to bed.

EDIT: you're right. the base stalk is of a male flower but it has pistils...if i remember correctly, that pic was from the chem99s....

woah is me! why are my ladies so sensitive. i have been taking good care of them...the temps have been out of my control....the only other traumatic even i put them through was when i put a space heater too close to the tent and it fried up part of a chem99...that was right before i flipped the switch to flowering....hmmmm no light leaks whatsoever. they are in a tent in a basement with panda over the small windows...only stress could be from temps

nugbuckets

unless they are true hermie, which i doubt, this should be a one time deal...but keep checking, cause you will miss some.

budman678

Veteran
going back down to see if i can find more male flowers...thanks again everyone...especially you nug!

budman678

Veteran
didnt find many this time....spent a good twenty minutes on each plant....

one that i did find was in the querkle and looked like it has ruptured and sprinkled pollen...i removed it and the small flower around it....

everything seems to be free of males....if i find some tomrrow when watering then i will know they are back...decisions to cull and cut my loses are imminent...the sucky part is this will be my last run till the end of june

budman678

Veteran
everything is lookin very good. i didnt find a single male flower tonight. gave them a mellow drink of water and mollasses.

only time will tell but i think things are good. i plan on finishing this out unless i have overtaken by bursting males.

i will update with pics in a couple days. i think you all will be impressed.

every swollen calyx i reach for ends up having pistils and very trichs out

nugbuckets

ahhhhhh...so nice to hear some contentness......its a wild ride....gotta just go with the flow.......bob and weave, bob and weave....

killerweed31

Smile Vs Cry
Veteran
great job bro, sorry for the banana but i think you can resolve ..just take out , at this stage later in flow no turn in big problem for your crop ..just what i think bro, i get some banana also few run before at 50 day flow downstairs in the lower small buds and i take out and no seed find no male flower...
just my 2cent bro..anyway excellent plants!!!

budman678

Veteran
thanks...tomorrow will be three days after removing them....if i dont see any that i will feel much better. but i will continue to monitor. thanks everyone!

budman678

Veteran
DAY 28

DAY 28

THINGS LOOK GOOD DOWN THERE. DID SOME THOROUGH NANNER CHECKS AND HAVENT FOUND ANYTHING SINCE THE INITIAL DAY OF FINDING A FEW MALE FLOWERS.

IM GOING TO CONTINUE TO MONITOR CLOSELY BUT I AM HOPING IT WAS A TEMPORARY THING. I BELIEVE IT WAS FROM LOLLIPOPPING THEM AND CLEANING THEM UP, COUPLED WITH SOME COLD COLD NIGHT AND WARM DAYS.

REGARDLESS, I THINK IT BEHIND US.

CANOPY VIEW OF THE TENT. YOU CAN CLEARLY SEE THE RUN IN THE BACK RIGHT.

bgWnq.jpg

7Zc7h.jpg

VELCRO PLANT TIES. (HOME DEPOT, LOWES) THEY ARE THE SHIT IF YOU ARE GROWING IN SMARTIES.

2mK06.jpg

ooxAg.jpg

ooxAg.jpg

T

THE PABLOS

Perhaps soil temps dropped....fluxed your soil PH and they reacted. I've grown/worked with Querkle....I had some intersex show later in flower...but only on the Space Queen dominants...and they showed it in a big way.

I should note...the Querkle beans I used were from several moms that selfed due to an environmental blunder (not in my garden...but from another dude's)...so my view is from there.

The PU leaners were stable...and bred nicely. I made Prune Juice (Grape Krush pops) and Prudence Highland (Highland Mex x BB pops)....anyway...I had a female that turned out to be an excellent mom. A great recreation of Urkle. All her prodigy have been stable thus far.

budman678

Veteran
soil temps are a possibility. i am in a region that in three days saw a tornado, sunshine and snow...in that order..threee consecutive days...we went from 30f out to highs of 80f....

my uninsulated basement breathed with the elements.

eitherway, i havent seen anything since the initial cleanup. i hope to be in the clear.

temps are 65f-80f the past two days

Latest posts

Latest posts