Chem 4 & Chem D side-by-side

Crazy Composer

Medicine Planter
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hello, stoners :wave:

Chem 4 and D, 2 months 12/12.

This is my first time growing Chem 4. It's a sturdier plant than the Chem D, the buds are even bigger than Chem D, and it looks like she'll need a week more of 12/12 than Chem D.

I welcome mature commentary from anyone who has experience with this clone. How long do you like to flower Chem 4? Does it really yield more than the D, as some tell me? How does the smoking experience stack up to the D?

Let's keep it friendly, interesting and informative, please.
Here's the side-by-side comparison shot (Chem 4 on the left, Chem D on the right):

Chem 4:

More Chem 4:

More to follow. :)

Last edited:
B

Brain

I haven't grown the 4 but would love to hear how they compare in smell. The D I'd call sandlewoody. Is the 4 similar? I've heard the 4 yields more as well. The D gets floppy so the 4 is sounding more appealing to me. I take the D a 65 days which is about as early as I can justifiably take it. The 4 sounds like it may go longer. It will be interesting to see this compared as well. Another great thread CC.

bambam

Crazy Composer should change his name to "Crazy ass clone only plants that you wished you had"! Other than that have a nice day CC. You are a hell of a grower with your hands all over some killer dank! Keep it green and stay safe my man. BamBam

Brastaman

hiya CC,

have only grown and smoked the CD4. haven't tried the chemdog D but have 5 sprouts of rez's chemdog d bx2 going. we'll see....

the 4 is a yielder for sure. it has an initial sour/chem thing going on but the finished smell is closer to a spice/pepper/chemical. i usually take it between 65 and 70 days. Any longer and it sputters out for me. I am trying your PureblendPro feeding formula for the new crop so we will see how that works for flavor and sparkle. The chemdog 4 is a nice heady smoke. It doesn't lay me out after a spiff but the smoke i find very smooth and pleasant. It does hit harder than some other ones in my stable but not quite on par with the og kushes.
The CD4 for me is a nice challenge to grow. It took a couple of runs for me to dial in. It attracts PMildew pretty easily and can show nute burns really fast in hotter temps. <--tested, that is the only way i know ;)

really nice pics CC. always enjoy your articles too.

here's an older pic of the Chemdog 4

RAGGA MON

MAKE A TING
Veteran
Heya CC!
The 4 does end up yielding really well, i find the high to be a little more indica dom than her counterpart D. The smell doesnt come out as much in flower as is does after a good cure. over all a great plant and great high, though not a grail in my book but none the less a good overall plant in general.
cheers
ragga
14884DSC05094.jpg

14884DSC05003.jpg

14884DSC04824.jpg

Crazy Composer

Medicine Planter
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Haha! Thanks for popping in, folks. :) Thanks also for sharing your experiences with C4.

Kal-El said:
Hey CC, you run into any nanner troubles with DD?

Well, I haven't grown the Chemdog Double D myself. I have heard of folks having troubles, but a friend of mine couldn't be happier with his. As a matter of fact, he gave me some of his Chem DD buds and they look and smell JUST like the Chemdog D clone itself... he never said anything about nanners on his... and he grew out a whole pack. I don't know.

U

UBER21

Crazy Composer said:
Haha! Thanks for popping in, folks. :) Thanks also for sharing your experiences with C4.

Well, I haven't grown the Chemdog Double D myself. I have heard of folks having troubles, but a friend of mine couldn't be happier with his. As a matter of fact, he gave me some of his Chem DD buds and they look and smell JUST like the Chemdog D clone itself... he never said anything about nanners on his... and he grew out a whole pack. I don't know.

Hey Crazy C where are the comparison shots....I see the chem 4 wheres the chem d at buddy ???.....lol....just got the chem d clone myself im fooking excited...... :joint:

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i think you should cross the c4 with the cd...

Chem4 x ChemD = Pure Chem Phenos

Crazy Composer

Medicine Planter
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
SneakySneaky said:
ive grown both, the 4 yeilds a bit better but the d is stronger, i woud call the chem 4 chem d lite if u get me on that. almost same flavor but the strength isnt there. i culled the 4 and kept the d

I would agree based on what I've seen so far. The smell is not so in-your-face as with the Chem D.

UBER21 said:
Hey Crazy C where are the comparison shots....I see the chem 4 wheres the chem d at buddy ???.....lol....just got the chem d clone myself im fooking excited...... :joint:

Ooops, sorry. I posted the comparison pic, but I forgot to mention that it WAS a comparison. :) here's the pic, the left bud is the Chem 4, the right is the Chem D. :)

20Chemdog_4_and_D.JPG

Swollen Calyx 2 said:
Is this the same "D" clone you wrote the article for in HT? Was a good read. Nice pics and keep it lookin like the killah. Respect :rasta:

Yep, same D as in the article. :)

I might do more pics later tonight... I realize I didn't offer as many pics as y'all like to see... but maybe more tonight. :)

Last edited:

ElGato

Veteran
yo Crazy man!!! nice pics bro

i've run the D & 4 several times and the 4 is for sure a better yeilder.
but imho thats the only thing the 4 has over the D

they are both PM magnets, more than any other plants i've grown

to me the 4 cut is like a piney/chemmy weaker kinda taste and smell while the D is full on stink stank stunk of the highest order ...i get a chemmy green skunkish taste and smell with undertones of burnt tire rubber in there as well

theyre both good imho but the D is the cream as far as i'm concerned

chem D

mj

Rudedewd

Shit, I thought I posted here yesterday. I never grew (or smoked ) the 4 but I can vouch for the fact the D is a real stinker, lol. I did grow out some doubledog and Chem and I both thought it tasted like the original chemdog but I don't think it was as potent as the original or the D. It was nice pot though but I culled it in favor of the D. I think that the D has the strongest smell of any of the chems that I tried and it also has the edge potency wise.

JJ-NYC

I have both and grown them side by side. The D is way more potent than the 4. The 4 is stronger than Sour Diesel but is weaker than OG Kush.The 4 does yield bigger buds that have a nice sour taste to them, different than the Sour Diesel or OG Kush. Definitely a keeper. I bred my Tres Dawg strain to the #4 and it produced(Star Dawg) buds that leaned towards the #4 but with a more Dawg taste and stone to it.

Grunt

Sorry to say I've never had either. If this is Chemdog double D, will someone please describe the high? I'm an old fart so I like the upper kinda high, but this year I discovered that I really like OG Kush. It gets me really stoned but I can still function and carry on. If I like what you say, I'll order some seeds. Thanx

ElGato said:
yo Crazy man!!! nice pics bro

i've run the D & 4 several times and the 4 is for sure a better yeilder.
but imho thats the only thing the 4 has over the D

they are both PM magnets, more than any other plants i've grown

to me the 4 cut is like a piney/chemmy weaker kinda taste and smell while the D is full on stink stank stunk of the highest order ...i get a chemmy green skunkish taste and smell with undertones of burnt tire rubber in there as well

theyre both good imho but the D is the cream as far as i'm concerned

chem D

That sh!t looks fire, hey el gato how does the D compare to OGK in potency and taste?

Latest posts

Latest posts