What's new

Cheeseberry Haze Grow

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

idoreallytry

I thought i had messed up a few weeks ago JS when my lights never shut off four 6 hours into supposed dark cycle,,,so i reset timer and then a week later it happens again so i know that my timeris screwed threw it away and went and got an old school timer with the tabs lol,,,if its digital check it!!!!,,they can fuck up,,,everything looks good and my buddy told me that leaving lights on like that are like a full moon, so no harm, i see no ill effects so far,,,lets keep our fingers crossed shall we?,,,,peace

JamieShoes

Father, Carer, Toker, Sharer
Veteran
hey IDRT

A friend of mine elsewhere confirms that nothing should be affected. He says its during the first few weeks that the plant builds up the flowering hormone and at week 7 of flowering it would take more than 24 hours of straight light to stop them flowering, and in fact would take weeks before they started to veg again (just look at the "please help me reveg my plants threads")

I can confirm that actually as I took clones from the plants at week 3 of flowering and that was 4 weeks ago... they're under 20/4 light and continue to flower even now (they have tiny little frosted buds on them)

I

idoreallytry

can confirm that actually as I took clones from the plants at week 3 of flowering and that was 4 weeks ago... they're under 20/4 light and continue to flower even now (they have tiny little frosted buds on them)

good it happened twice here,, but i am not worried a bit,,thats crazy frosted lil nugs,,,i try to take mine b4 flower but some strains don't branch much til then,,,i have a stubboern white rhino that has 6 nodes but not one fully formed inner branch,,,, i need to check that thread i have a srprise plant that i am going to reveg plus i killed all my clones with a falling light so got to reveg a couple for sure,,,peace

neongreen

Veteran
Damn cheap timers...

one of the timers crapped out and has messed things up...

Are you using a contacter Jamie? Timers are not usually supposed to be used with high load devices. HIDs put allot of load on the timer. When they turn on there is a spike in load, and this can kill a timer. If you use a contacter, that takes the load off the timer.

JamieShoes

Veteran
thanks for the tip mate.. I get the feeling it is just pure load on them and they can't handle it ...I'll be getting some "decent" timers as soon as cash allows..

in the mean time, here's some macros I took with a friends' cam just now :smile:

PP

Attachments

• pp macro1.24.04.09.jpg
    pp macro1.24.04.09.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 17
  • pp macro2.24.04.09.jpg
    pp macro2.24.04.09.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 18
  • pp macro3.24.04.09.jpg
    pp macro3.24.04.09.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 32

JamieShoes

Veteran
and some K2

Attachments

• k2 macro2.24.04.09.jpg
    k2 macro2.24.04.09.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 18
  • k2 macro3.24.04.09.jpg
    k2 macro3.24.04.09.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 18
  • k2 macro1.24.04.09.jpg
    k2 macro1.24.04.09.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 24

Newbud

Hiya Jamieshoes notice you on 42 days flower and just wondered how long you think you got left?

I'm at 50 days 12/12 and not sure how long to leave it.
I know need a scope really but no extra funds for that just wondered if you could give me an average?

Hope you dont mind me butting in, good day

JamieShoes

Veteran
ok for the PPs my mate said 8 weeks (56 days) but I've also been told it really depends on how they like your environment too. What he DID say was that if I didnt have a scope then 60% brown hairs would be about right ... these are from clone.

edit - I hear there is a longer, 70 day pheno too... so try n make sure you know which you have

hope that helps mate :smile:

Newbud

Cheers mate, not sure on original phenotype got cuttings originally and no way to check now ( long story ) but they look just like yours.
They not at 60% yet anyway so they not ready yet, i figured that'd be about right so cheers, not long left now lol

inreplyavalon

breathe deep
Veteran
Jamie sweet looking grow you got here. Quick learner you are. A question. I am running Dutch Passion's Power Plant, three dif. phenos, and one looks just like the one in your macros on this page of your log. It is the quick finishing one. Are you running Dutch Passion's?
This pheno is the only one i will be keeping after this grow. The others are a lot more sensitie and picky about their nutes and take a few weeks longer. The high is more stone and less high.
If it is the same pheno, how about the size of each flower. They are huge. They look like they are going to burst and a seed is going to pop out of some. They swell large.
Nice job!

JamieShoes

Veteran
thanks for the kinds words :smile:

I'm not sure which PP mine is mate, its a clone thats been available locally for years. I agree though, the flowers look very puffy and fit to burst :smile:

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
update on the CBH girls...they in flowering yet or are you letting them get huge in veg?

dank.Frank

JamieShoes

Veteran
here's a 100% pure unadulterated CBH update.

I have one thats now 7 weeks into flower of (I hope) 9 or 10. She looks amazing carrying TWO 15 inch (tight as fuck) colas which STINK of lemons, gasoline and vomit... interesting.. the colas need to fatten up a lot, but I guess they will in good time.

In another tent I have the rest of the CBH and I just flipped them under 250 (true) watts of red CFL 2 days ago, they vegged for around 75 days (around 30inches plus). They'll stay there until they show sex over the next 2 weeks or so (if they show as quick as the other one did) then the girls will move to the "main" tent under 850watts of HPS to finish.

Apart from that, I have 6 rooted clones of my "puke" pheno.. these will move into the tent with the big CFLs in 2 weeks :smile:

cheers frank
j :smile:

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
Hi Jamie,

A really nice grow to mark your debut mate, hopefully you will get away with the timer F-up, hard to say for certain as all varieties, gardens etc are a bit different in how they react. Keep a close eye out for hermies if I was you mate.

HPS kick off with approx 3x normal running amperage load, this literally melts the silly little brass contacts in cheap timers, HD timers or proper relays 'contactors' have big fat contacts that get snapped open and shut by tough mechanisms .... it is better to use these if you can, however, locally I have found some E10 or E15 [? Legrand branded] timers that are rated for 6A and run 600W HPS just fine.

JamieShoes

Veteran
Thanks CC,

Looks like I'm on Nanner patrol for the next 2 weeks then... wheres Core when you need him eh :wink:

I'll be getting some better rated timers as soon as cash allows. In the meantime, I'll just physically check they're kicking in (and off) each time. The really crappy thing about that is... I ALREADY always check them on and off, except for yesterday. I have my phone set up to beep at lights on and off for all rooms and usually go and check everything is ok. the one time and I didnt...

strangely, the timer is now working again after being reset (or maybe its the next pin along thats working)

Frank, pics to follow mate :smile:

cheers
j :smile:

I

idoreallytry

i wemt and got a digital one and it fucked up so i am going to have to get an expensive timer but i hate spending money,,,ecspecially when i just bought a new 600 watt the other day,,i am like you i wiil just have to check on them each day as well,,,peace

JamieShoes

Veteran
its true mate, I'm loathe to spend the extra cash too, as my grow owes me around 1100 euros by now and I'm yet to pull a single bud....on the other hand, I'd hate to lose that investment based on such a silly little thing..

I'll be investing in good timers too, just doing things "manually" for now :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.