What's new

Cheap Nutrient Line for Commercial and Home Grows?

Terppalooza

I don't get the weight, and volume part below the cost when putting in new products. It's in kg and liters. In hyrdrobuddy it's in grams right?
Yes it's in kilo and liter. I need to for sure make that part more clear. But the entire user interface is getting an overhaul

Tomatoesonly

Anyone following this thread use Masterblend 0-12-24? I see Jack's has just announced a 0-12-26, presumably to compete.
I was into the idea, but it seems the cutting nitrogen during flowering or towards the end really isn't doing anything good. No studies I've seen say otherwise, certainly not to the extent where you need to buy that particular product. The standard MB would be just fine.

Artful Codger

I was into the idea, but it seems the cutting nitrogen during flowering or towards the end really isn't doing anything good. No studies I've seen say otherwise, certainly not to the extent where you need to buy that particular product. The standard MB would be just fine.
I've run Jack's 321 for a while with the 5-12-26 Part A and it's been great. I don't think the purpose is to cut N completely. It's to get the N out of the Part A, so that you can have a little more control...setting the amount of N with just calnit, so that if you want to boost P and K a little, you can do it without boosting N.

Old Uncle Ben

Agree, it's pretty stupid to cut N during flowering. But that's what The Herd thinks is "smart botany". :)

Ca++

If your only N source was CalNit, then Ca is always higher than N. At the end of flower, Ca isn't really taken, so having lots in solution could be bad for the K uptake people often target. This could be especially true in soil with little runoff, as the Ca would accumulate.

I can't think of a time I want more Ca than N. Though I have seen people in coco get close.

mexweed

Veteran
the slight addition of sop or the diy hammerhead during peak flower should counter the nitrogen, there are tissue sample analysis in this thread that shows it works

as far as the little runoff, there is absolutely no reason to not figure out a routine "light flushing" regimen, as far as the microbes go personally I douse the top of the medium with h2o2 after each watering/feeding so I don't use them, I'm in coco hempys though, in a more traditional soil pot it probably has more potential

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Agree, it's pretty stupid to cut N during flowering. But that's what The Herd thinks is "smart botany". :)
That is a great deal on that vermiculite. I keep all my plants a lush green color until a week before harvest. For me, it's all about saving $ on Nutrients when it's not needed. The medium has plenty of food left in it for 2 weeks.
the slight addition of sop or the diy hammerhead during peak flower should counter the nitrogen, there are tissue sample analysis in this thread that shows it works

as far as the little runoff, there is absolutely no reason to not figure out a routine "light flushing" regimen, as far as the microbes go personally I douse the top of the medium with h2o2 after each watering/feeding so I don't use them, I'm in coco hempys though, in a more traditional soil pot it probably has more potential

lol, that's me a DIY'er to the core..................JK

Old Uncle Ben

Thanks for the link but that doesn't tell me anything. To what degree and what does it matter when you control your high via the number of tokes, how deep and long, holding the smoke in your lungs for a few seconds vs half minute, etc. For starts, how enough THC is enough? I recently reported my recent smoking episode of my Lapis Mtn. indica at Overgrow.

"I just grew indicas indoors. Smoke is so potent that I literally had to use (my deceased wife’s) walker Sat. night to get to bed, thanks to my girlfriend who fetched it for me. I took 2 small hits and one HUGE one off a bong. Combined with some scotch and a glass of wine earlier, my head and body was spinning, couldn’t walk. Stupid shit, haven’t done that in decades! My face was a pale white says my girlfriend."
Never again LOL.
:sweat_smile:

Thanks for the link but that doesn't tell me anything. To what degree and what does it matter when you control your high via the number of tokes, how deep and long, holding the smoke in your lungs for a few seconds vs half minute, etc. For starts, how enough THC is enough? I recently reported my recent smoking episode of my Lapis Mtn. indica at Overgrow.

"I just grew indicas indoors. Smoke is so potent that I literally had to use (my deceased wife’s) walker Sat. night to get to bed, thanks to my girlfriend who fetched it for me. I took 2 small hits and one HUGE one off a bong. Combined with some scotch and a glass of wine earlier, my head and body was spinning, couldn’t walk. Stupid shit, haven’t done that in decades! My face was a pale white says my girlfriend."
Never again LOL.
:sweat_smile:
What would a usual smoke sesh look like if this was too much? lol

Hiddenjems

That is a great deal on that vermiculite. I keep all my plants a lush green color until a week before harvest. For me, it's all about saving $ on Nutrients when it's not needed. The medium has plenty of food left in it for 2 weeks.

lol, that's me a DIY'er to the core..................JK
I never considered it flushing but I end up cutting nutes almost completely. Only to save money not dumping nutrient solution out by the 50 gallon tank.

Running a flood and drain setup with a recycled rez or dwc it’s easy to see the plants almost completely stop nutrient uptake at the end. The tank level drops and the ec goes up. If you finish your plants, they flush themselves by just taking up water, and very little at that.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It's the same in soilless. After running the same clones we know when they're ready.. No need to continue feeding up to the day of harvest. . It's just a waste. The V$B dirty is not cheap.

Tomatoesonly

It's the same in soilless. After running the same clones we know when they're ready.. No need to continue feeding up to the day of harvest. . It's just a waste. The V$B dirty is not cheap.
Yes perfect. Alot of people seem to think that anyone that quits feeding is following Bro Science and trying to "flush" the plant of excess nutrients. An idea that is falling apart by the day.
Research seemed to show that flushing nor feeding was a gain in the end product. What wasn't said explicitly, was that if there is no gain either way, then using resources on the plant in this "flush" period is a waste of money.

Latest posts

Latest posts