What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cheap Nutrient Line for Commercial and Home Grows?

mountainoutlaw

1. Megacrop. Complete...macros,micros,humic filulvic acids, b vitamins, silica..20.00 for 3 pound bag. 4-5grams per gallon.

Heres a little promo secret...go to the website...add a 3 pound bag megacrap to cart...checkout...9.75 for 3 pound bag and bag of kelp powder.

2. Npk's RAW line
9.95 silica..makes 200 gallons
20 bucks complete grow formula
Many diff raw and pure products...no filler no bs...also

3. Jobes organics 7.00 3lb bag
All purpose 5-5-5
Tomato and veg
I use the pellets to amend and top feed, also has slow release spikes....mainly made of bone and blood meal, has calcium, mag, sulfur,

The big time guys i know use the megacrop in 11kg bags....greenleafnutrients is name of company....im loving megacrop for outdoor

mountainoutlaw

When I use all the freebies from a Spannabis, I will take a look, thanks!
I see that epsom salts costs 4e for a kilo. I was wondering how I may lower the more expensive calmag usage and use epsom salts to the mix in coco? Not sure about the proportions here, just saw recommended 5g/1l of feeding, but just for epsom salts.

From Lucas Formula. So may I use just epsom salts instead?
Remember epsom salt doesnt contain cal...so if you add alot of MAG (EPSOM SALTS) , youll need to add cal in some way to prevent a cal mag imbalance.

If you really wanna know the cheapest....
Powdered dolomite lime...2.77 for 40 pound bag, soil amendment also used to raise soil ph.

Piecho

Remember epsom salt doesnt contain cal...so if you add alot of MAG (EPSOM SALTS) , youll need to add cal in some way to prevent a cal mag imbalance.

If you really wanna know the cheapest....
Powdered dolomite lime...2.77 for 40 pound bag, soil amendment also used to raise soil ph.
I see 1kg of CaMg(CO3)2 for 3e locally. OX841053 Dolomita - ANPER Ceramicas
Any advices about the dosage of both in coco?

Epsom salts I mentioned - SULFATO MAGNESIO 7H 1 KG – Quimics Dalmau (quimicsdalmauonline.com)
Plus I get this for silica - OX841067 Wollastonita - ANPER Ceramicas

EDIT: I see the recipe here excluding lime you mentioned, but can't find missing ingredients locally Link

Last edited:

Mtshasta

I have been using both Mega Crop 1 part and 2 Part with greenleaf nutrients sweet candy for a few years now. I get great results and so easy to use. I also use in my greenhouse for all my vegetables (cucumbers, tomatoes, okra, eggplants, chards, etc) by bottom feeding in earthboxes. So cheap and easy.

Old Uncle Ben

View attachment 18864827
That's from source.
Notably, they only stray from the grow formula, for the first week of transition. Then about double P&K for 1 week before flush, while dropping N right down.

They do cannabis specific nutrients these days, which follow a similar route.
Of course they do, Peters is pulling the same old marketing/sales, "let's sell 'em all the crap we can" newbie trap targeted to the bro science crowd.

I know better. I've grown many a pot plant using a one part NPK food all the way thru, like a 15-9-12. That's all the plant cares about, complete nutrition which promotes tissue production via photosynthesis. Thank God my plants can't read.

See my avatar. That's a 6", rock hard solid, cola with smaller colas at the very bottom (shows as white flashes via the camera). Those didn't receive direct light FWIW - my plants were/are crammed into a confined space.

This was back in the 90's. :woohoo:

Grow hard,
Uncle Ben

JH8c.jpg

Old Uncle Ben

It seems that you European (and Canadian) growers seem to be at a disadvantage when it comes to a broad spectrum of nutrient lines regarding what's available. I now understand.

Be careful - playing with a lot of this and that can be dangerous. Learn the concept of Nutrient Antagonism. Most times the "diagnosis" I see in threads regarding deficiencies is related to too much of "this" creating a deficiency of "that".

1689250316480.png

It's a crap shoot.

UB

airplane

here is a short list for samples packs of nutrient lines:
Neptune's Harvest _$10.00 get 3 bottles of + soil admendents
Simply Professional - $10.00 , get 2 sample packs ( veg and Bloom) All-in -One
Elemental Nutrients _ 1 base nutrient + 2pack of Myco --1 for veg and 1 fro flower (this is a "Myco" based nutrient line - $10.00

Dyna-Gro - $20.00 get complete line (8 bottles) hydro nutrient (also works well in soil)- excellent
Humbolts County Own -$25.00 get complete line (7 bottles) - also excellent line

herre is a new one
Miicrobial Mass (this will double your plant size and yields) this shit really works !!!!!!! kind of pricy but was given a sample bottle of --Man am I glad !!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Uncle Ben

herre is a new one
Miicrobial Mass (this will double your plant size and yields) this shit really works !!!!!!! kind of pricy but was given a sample bottle of --Man am I glad !!!!!!!!!!!!

Pix or it doesn't exist, please.

If that's a concoction of mychorrizae fungi, you're wasting your money. I have applied mychorrizae either ecto and/or endo to a lot of commercial, greenhouse and small scale veggie crops including vineyards, 10's of thousands of field grown trees and cannabis. Last year I used 2 "reputable" brands, didn't get any effect. For starts, being that cannabis is an annual that doesn't stay in the pot for long you don't have enough time for the fungi to colonize, to bind and work with the roots regarding a syngergisic relationship. Thought I'd confirm what I felt already though.

The real value of my root producing method was in the MicroKoted pots I raised them in. Much like my Griffin's Spin-Out experiment published in many forums.

I got excellent to marginal results with MicroKote. It's all about the roots.

LapisReVegHarvestJune7#8.jpg RootsApril13#3.jpg MicroKote Roots Jan 19#3.jpg MicroKoteRootsMay2023#3.jpg VAM.jpg

Uncle Ben

Mtshasta

I also use Microbial Mass, it is bacteria vs mychorrizal fungi. This is the company website,

Attachments

• IMG_4891.jpeg
    IMG_4891.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 27
Pix or it doesn't exist, please.

If that's a concoction of mychorrizae fungi, you're wasting your money. I have applied mychorrizae either ecto and/or endo to a lot of commercial, greenhouse and small scale veggie crops including vineyards, 10's of thousands of field grown trees and cannabis. Last year I used 2 "reputable" brands, didn't get any effect. For starts, being that cannabis is an annual that doesn't stay in the pot for long you don't have enough time for the fungi to colonize, to bind and work with the roots regarding a syngergisic relationship. Thought I'd confirm what I felt already though.

The real value of my root producing method was in the MicroKoted pots I raised them in. Much like my Griffin's Spin-Out experiment published in many forums.

I got excellent to marginal results with MicroKote. It's all about the roots.

View attachment 18864892 View attachment 18864893 View attachment 18864894 View attachment 18864895 View attachment 18864897

Uncle Ben
Would you bet that this combined with a 1 part fert would beat most of the recipes mentioned in this thread?

Terppalooza

If you have any recommendations related to Spanish/European market on budget, let me know. As I see most of the recent posts are related to US/Canada.
Yara. Universal. Haifa. Are cheep in eu. Just mix your own. Get some known values for more expensive brands like canna or whatever you fed before that's more expensive. You can easily work them out with some math or a nutrient calculator. And then find the cheeper ingredients in your country. To make up the same formula. Simple 😁😁

Terppalooza

It seems that you European (and Canadian) growers seem to be at a disadvantage when it comes to a broad spectrum of nutrient lines regarding what's available. I now understand.

Be careful - playing with a lot of this and that can be dangerous. Learn the concept of Nutrient Antagonism. Most times the "diagnosis" I see in threads regarding deficiencies is related to too much of "this" creating a deficiency of "that".

View attachment 18864885

It's a crap shoot.

Just gotta mix your own. We have alot of cheep nutrients here

Terppalooza

I working on an online nutrient calculator to make finding known values easier. I'm still working on the ui and functionality. But the open beta test is online. Npk-calculator.de
If anyone want to test it out and give me feedback. Please do ❤️ I'm working on ui and extra functionality. So I'm ready to integrate any good ideas. Cheers guys. 😁

Terppalooza

And this is the updated ui I'm working on. 🤣

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230712-205205.png
    Screenshot_20230712-205205.png
    79.7 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_20230713_155257_422.jpg
    IMG_20230713_155257_422.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 33
I working on an online nutrient calculator to make finding known values easier. I'm still working on the ui and functionality. But the open beta test is online. Npk-calculator.de
If anyone want to test it out and give me feedback. Please do ❤️ I'm working on ui and extra functionality. So I'm ready to integrate any good ideas. Cheers guys. 😁
This is like hydrobuddy but online right? I'm using linux so this is a big one for me. Thank you for your efforts

Piecho

Great initiative!
I will add bunch of the stuff I get from Spannabis, I see how together we will make better use of them < 3
I like the idea when comes to the input, but I do lack of chemistry knowledge here, sorry! I feel like more suggestions and questions will appear when I will start adding products.
Do you have any plans for the functionality of sharing the recipes between the users?

Terppalooza

This is like hydrobuddy but online right? I'm using linux so this is a big one for me. Thank you for your efforts
yes but remeber whats online right now is early beta. there are still some issues with session storage and alot of ugly ui lol im fixing all that right now. so seriously if you have any feature requestst let me know. im making this tool only because i need it and i hatre the ugly confusing hydro buddy interface xD

Terppalooza

Great initiative!
I will add bunch of the stuff I get from Spannabis, I see how together we will make better use of them < 3
I like the idea when comes to the input, but I do lack of chemistry knowledge here, sorry! I feel like more suggestions and questions will appear when I will start adding products.
Do you have any plans for the functionality of sharing the recipes between the users?
yes, i want people to add products to a community page. and then also have a community page that you can load and save a whole premade fertalizer pmix profiles. so you can just quickly load up the canna terra ab feeding for examle. i also plan on adding a visial comparision. maybe using a bar chart or a line chart. to compare diffrent fertalizer profiles. right now the comminty page or the profiles are not fuintional yes. all the products in the community page are added by me. because im trying to figure out a way to moderate the products and nutrient lines. so nobody adds wierd shit haha

Piecho

You or any of the mods would have to verify manually. When I think about it, maybe there is a place for some small LLM model : p
I really appreciate the idea. Just tried the HydroBuddy as a nooby and I feel confused, would have to learn much more than just reading the documentation. Create a thread for your project, you will get feedback from different people : )

Terppalooza

You or any of the mods would have to verify manually. When I think about it, maybe there is a place for some small LLM model : p
I really appreciate the idea. Just tried the HydroBuddy as a nooby and I feel confused, would have to learn much more than just reading the documentation. Create a thread for your project, you will get feedback from different people : )
awsome will do. probaly when im done with my next update ill make a post to get better feedback :)