What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cheap Nutrient Line for Commercial and Home Grows?

xet

We bring in a source from Colombia that is 99.99 CaCO3 and is micronized, great at 2 gr/gal.
AR1450_402870_web.jpg

Here is what I use, http://www.austinwhitelime.net/products.html
That 50lb bag was $3.00 only 2 years ago, almost $30.00 today because of this excellent never been better before economy

Last edited:
When I am consulting, I get asked for a complete but cheap nutrient lineup that is suitable for commercial usage. This lineup can also be scaled for the home grower to save some serious cash.

You start with a salt base nutrient. Jack's classic hydro, Masterblend, Jack's Nutrients TAP or Growmore soluble powders also work depending on your access.

Jack’s Hydro Feed- 25 lb bag
$70- 2000 gallons
$0.035/gallon

Add your biostimulant. Mr. Fulvic is the home and garden version and has fulvic, amino and organic acids, chelated micros and trace elements. AGT-50 is the commercial wholesale version. They both help make nutrients available regardless of pH and give salts organic taste and smell.

AGT-50- 20L
$460- 20,000 gallons
$0.023/gallon

Extra calcium is needed at transition. Growmore Flowering Cal-Mag also has kelp to help stack nodes going into flower. Albion metalosate and epsom salt can also be used.

Growmore flowering cal-mag- 2.5 gal
$90- 1900 gallons
$0.047/gallon

PH down is pH control, but also adds soluble phosphorus when something like HydroFeed is low in Phosphorus.

Advanced pH down- 4L
$82- 6600 gallons
$0.01/gallon

For IPM, insecticidal soap will take care of bugs and mold.

DES-X Insecticidal Soap- 2.5 g
$85- 300 gallons (@1%)
$0.28.3/gal.

For a bloom booster, Monopotassium phosphate used weeks 4-6 of flower.

Haifa MKP- 4 lb
$20- 1820 gallons
$0.01/gallon

This is a complete lineup including IPM. It can be used large or small. There's no reason to spend a ton of money on fertilizer for excellent quality cannabis.

picture.php
Bill, I picked up some Albion Metalosate. I know you said to add 1 gram per gallon during transition. How much epsom should be added with the extra calcium? I’m in coco, Feeding masterblend, calnit and epsom at 2/2/1 grams per gallon. I’m lighting with LED’s and and using co2. Thanks in advance.

coxnox

Veteran
is ther any nutrients calculator here ? i was having one with allmost all classic brand and the ability to add some if yu have the numbers....

HASHCAM

A stock solution calnit 1.5kg to 10ltr of water to make a base solution to be diluted
B stock solution bloom 2kg to 10ltr of water to make a base solution to be diluted

Supplements similar

something like that, a little experimentation, suggest supplement are not mixed with B stock for greater control.

Phosphorous. will drop ph in the irrigation tank, so this can be ph up or add liquid silicon to up ph.

enjoy

kalopatchkid

Veteran
Now that Athena has been pushing their new “fade” product, which is calcium chloride+micros, it got me thinking could we just drop the calnit it the last couple weeks of flower and substitute it for calcium chloride and use something like STEM or MOST for the micros? Or are there already enough micros in Mr fulvic?

HASHCAM

Finish with molasses or homemade sugar/maple syrup diluted base, have to watch the tank though as the sugars can create a perfect breeding ground in a recirculating irrigation system, to counters this you can use hydrogen peroxide to keep this in check.

If you want to use a calcium product you could use cal mag finisher with high K this is commercial salt and cheap, again you would need to make a base stock of 1kg to 10ltrs of water and then dilute it for irrigation.

When making your own base stock you normally only need 1ml or less to be mixed with 1 ltr of water to feed as you are not paying for packaging etc. Hope that makes some sense.

indocult

Finish with molasses or homemade sugar/maple syrup diluted base..
Is this actually useful though? I have tried side by side molasses and no molasses for first week of flush, noticed no discernable difference. I know a lot of hydro store products are molasses and water... but why, what does it do that justifies adding sugars to thin hydro lines?

indocult

is ther any nutrients calculator here ? i was having one with allmost all classic brand and the ability to add some if yu have the numbers....
Search for cannastats nutrient calculator, look for an angelfire website result, click on it and scroll to the bottom.

Legalcdn

Nute calculator. Post #194

jackspratt61

Is this actually useful though? I have tried side by side molasses and no molasses for first week of flush, noticed no discernable difference. I know a lot of hydro store products are molasses and water... but why, what does it do that justifies adding sugars to thin hydro lines?
Supplies energy to roots once plant slows sending energy to the roots and focuses on flower. Not sure a good idea in supply lines

Tomatoesonly

I thought this kind of stuff had been driven out by education. Sugars exists in a nutrient for one reason, to feed microbes. That's IT. The plant can't do anything what so ever with sugars.
Plus it has to be introduced when it matters that you have a flourishing microbe population.
Next topic, how to drain THC out of the roots with gravity....

indocult

I thought this kind of stuff had been driven out by education. Sugars exists in a nutrient for one reason, to feed microbes. That's IT. The plant can't do anything what so ever with sugars.
Plus it has to be introduced when it matters that you have a flourishing microbe population.
Next topic, how to drain THC out of the roots with gravity....
I was certain it had been, wasn't sure if there was some crazy new study I hadn't heard of. So completely useless unless using living soil.

goingrey

I was certain it had been, wasn't sure if there was some crazy new study I hadn't heard of. So completely useless unless using living soil.
Sugar maybe but molasses has a lot more than just sugar. A lot of K for example. Still wouldn't personally use it in hydro.

Bill, I picked up some Albion Metalosate. I know you said to add 1 gram per gallon during transition. How much epsom should be added with the extra calcium? I’m in coco, Feeding masterblend, calnit and epsom at 2/2/1 grams per gallon. I’m lighting with LED’s and and using co2. Thanks in advance.
you need WAY more magnesium under leds. 1 gram of epsom salts is 26ppm magnesium. i aim for 80-90 in masterblend which is 2.5g epsom AND 1g Magnesium nitrate during veg. 3.5g epsom in flower,, thats just my setup brother