What's new

Chanting Growers Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
GrowNerd for those that read and comprehend English easily the thread is self explanatory. All your other concerns will be answered if you read the thread.

grow nerd

Veteran
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo :huggg: GrowNerd :)
Thanks for not leaving me out... :huggg: in the cold... :badday: like BabbaBud! :cry:

GrowNerd for those that read and comprehend English easily the thread is self explanatory. All your other concerns will be answered if you read the thread.
That's what I'm trying to say... it's too long... 900+ pages?! Now if it were condensed down into much fewer pages and no repetitive posts, I'd try it....

Wilson!

Could someone post up a site that has correct teachings in Spanish. I really dont speak the language so its hard to find something Im sure explains it properly. Perhaps someone could post up a site and Kerlito can have a better understanding ? Thanks !! Nam myoho renge ko[/QUOTE said:

grow nerd

Veteran
Did you put an exclamation mark at the end of your name so that every time someone refers to you, it'll sound a little more exciting? Like, instead of:

"Hi Wilson"

it would be:

"Hi Wilson!"

Just curious...

E

EasyMyohoDisco

Thanks for not leaving me out... :huggg: in the cold... :badday: like BabbaBud! :cry:

That's what I'm trying to say... it's too long... 900+ pages?! Now if it were condensed down into much fewer pages and no repetitive posts, I'd try it....

So why don't you go through the thread and highlight the top three pages worth of posts for your own enlightenment and edification.

If you're looking for someone to spoon feed you the posts on this thread, then you might have to invest in a text reader that will phonetically pronounce all the words in the thread so you could spend the next two years enjoying every aspect of this magnificent thread.

Either way, I'm sure with today's cutting edge computer audio/visual technology you could certainly find an accommodation that will suit your desire for a condensed version of the sweetest thing on ICMAG. Regretfully, if you start a thread by making cliffnotes of this thread, I many not participate and you'll miss out on me as a participant.... LOL. Just food for thought on a laaaaazzzzzzyyyyy Saturday.

I was confused by your posts, but see your just very serious about turbo posting in your first month on this site. Carry on, but please be aware that flaming, trolling or harassment is strictly enforced on this site and on this thread if your intentions are not fruitful....

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i have to say i find it very disappointing that someone chose to use the helpful post feature to neg rep grow nerd.in the context of a thread about Buddhism i would think patient compassion would be better than assuming someones intent is malign.

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hmmm I see the post your talking about. I can tell you it wasnt me ... but I would also like to ask you did you find his post helpful in the context of this subject ? thats what that little box is about. Personally I didnt click the "no" .. but no I didnt find it helpful within the context of this thread and could have easily. But enough of that lets stay on topic here :)

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
not to be difficult but isnt that exactly the topic? what is Buddhism about if not acceptance of our own faults and incomplete understanding and most importantly extending that same acceptance and understanding to others? if you felt a posters actions were disruptive why not ask them what their purpose was before assuming it was hostile?

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This is the post i was refering to

This is the post i was refering to

Did you put an exclamation mark at the end of your name so that every time someone refers to you, it'll sound a little more exciting? Like, instead of:

"Hi Wilson"

it would be:

"Hi Wilson!"

Just curious...

Above is the post I was referring to.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
oh i agree thats a bit on the snarky side babbah,and i'm not trying to be contentious or say the poster was not trying to stir the pot so to speak,just expressing my wish and hope that there is a better way to deal with such an incident.nor am i saying it was by necessity that it was one of the chanting growers who chose to not find the post helpful,this should be a place of positive energy,and even if such things have little relevance in the day to day world,seeing those unhelpful ratings here i can only see as a negative thing.

Lapides

Rosin Junky and Certified Worm Wrangler
Veteran
None of his posts were helpful to me. I clicked No

Does that make me a bad chanter?

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo!

E

EasyMyohoDisco

Sorry Uncle... I wasn't too impressed with that newbies posts either. I believe I voted not helpful first on his posts after feeling that he was being a bit condescending. Wasn't too keen on his response to Babbabud, and that's what triggered me.

Please note, when trolls do appear on this thread they are usually very new members with a low amount of posts. I not calling this dude a troll, but I did report his posts to the Admin after he wrote what I considered to be a condescending post to Babba. This site has rules and this thread to me is so special that everyone in this thread usually is very respectful and we should retain that decorum.

I really just want the conversation to continue civilly and fruitfully for all. I wouldn't want a bad apple to throw off our mojo and I do agree that all new members are welcome. I hope this bloke comes back peaceful and with good intentions. :gday:

E

EasyMyohoDisco

Besides, yesterday was the best day of my life!!! Let's keep this party rolling!!!!

Desiderata

Bodhisattva of the Earth
Veteran
"Let it flow, let it roll, let it go...

"Let it flow, let it roll, let it go...

Hi all my friends!

I have trouble letting some things go. Just like grow nerd, he says stuff that makes me want to respond, like I have to explain why. For him, he's smart enough to know, he's just being a smart ass IMHO.

I wanted to say,

"repetition in this thread is all about respecting life, the natural laws of the cosmos, and each other in a humble fashion. It's all about respect in an infinite way. We open, we don't close the door,....we challange each day to be better. Every day can be a repetition of yesterday, or it can be a new beginning each and everyday, forever. It's a free choice. We love the courage it takes to win. We are good & bad, just like you."

Respect,

Desi!:wave:

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
interesting to see the dialog

grow nerd made an potentially offensive statement when he said you guys STILL chanting and cant you condense your daily affirmations, he is an older user in a newer name and its his way of saying "i see no value in your practice"

but I also agree with uncle that regardless of the cause and effect grow nerd seeks to perpetuate the response Nichiren has taught us to respond with is a simple but truly genuine desire for that person's happiness through Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

this is were i see the where it requires the courage of a lion, not in a confrontational manner but a compassionate one

the courage to compassionately desire for a persons happiness, especially one who assails you and attacks your being, simply because of the amount of faith you must have in Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

like the lion's courage, its own unshakable belief in its place among the other creatures of the wild, our faith in the myoho renge kyo needs to be as unshakable in regards to our faith in compassionate and selfless giving especially in the face of adversity

every time we encounter a person who is in the 3 paths we can have the opportunity to engage in bodhisattva practice in the hopes they too can learn of and embrace their buddha nature

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi all my friends!

I have trouble letting some things go. Just like grow nerd, he says stuff that makes me want to respond, like I have to explain why. For him, he's smart enough to know, he's just being a smart ass IMHO.

I wanted to say,

"repetition in this thread is all about respecting life, the natural laws of the cosmos, and each other in a humble fashion. It's all about respect in an infinite way. We open, we don't close the door,....we challange each day to be better. Every day can be a repetition of yesterday, or it can be a new beginning each and everyday, forever. It's a free choice. We love the courage it takes to win. We are good & bad, just like you."

Respect,

Desi!:wave:

once again,just my opinion,but thats the sort of response i think makes this thread shine:)

interesting to see the dialog

grow nerd made an potentially offensive statement when he said you guys STILL chanting and cant you condense your daily affirmations, he is an older user in a newer name and its his way of saying "i see no value in your practice"

but I also agree with uncle that regardless of the cause and effect grow nerd seeks to perpetuate the response Nichiren has taught us to respond with is a simple but truly genuine desire for that person's happiness through Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

this is were i see the where it requires the courage of a lion, not in a confrontational manner but a compassionate one

the courage to compassionately desire for a persons happiness, especially one who assails you and attacks your being, simply because of the amount of faith you must have in Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

like the lion's courage, its own unshakable belief in its place among the other creatures of the wild, our faith in the myoho renge kyo needs to be as unshakable in regards to our faith in compassionate and selfless giving especially in the face of adversity

every time we encounter a person who is in the 3 paths we can have the opportunity to engage in bodhisattva practice in the hopes they too can learn of and embrace their buddha nature

yes!!! perfectly said weird!!

None of his posts were helpful to me. I clicked No

Does that make me a bad chanter?

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo!

not at all,does it make me a bad one to bring it up?:)

Status
Not open for further replies.