What's new

Chanting Growers Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoCal Hippy

Veteran
"How great is the difference between the blessings received when a sage chants
the daimoku and the blessings received when we chant it?" To reply, one is in no
way superior to the other. The gold that a fool possesses is no different from
the gold that a wise man possesses; a fire made by a fool is the same as a fire
made by a wise man.

(WND, 756)
The Fourteen Slanders
Written to Matsuno Rokuro Saemon on December 9, 1276

SoCal Hippy

Veteran
Faith means infinite hope, and infinite hope resides in the SGI. As long as your
faith is sincere, infinite glory, boundless good fortune and endless victory
will unfold before you. You will never find yourselves at a dead end.

Daisaku Ikeda

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

E

EasyMyohoDisco

Today I finished one of my courses! I'll be done with my last class next Saturday and will then be finished with the degree I started after chanting for year with my Gohonzon. All documented on this thread!

Move over Mark Twain, Easy Myoho Disco has a story to tell too! This drama has unfolded in real time and there has been no fiction except for some omissions with respect to cultivating, illegal activities in my domain and other things that could hurt people. 95% unadulterated good vibes, the other 5% has been the darker issues that make my story go full circle and show how a person becomes a well rounded person that's really digging what's just over the horizon...

Tomorrow, I will do 10 hours of daimoku from 10am through 8pm. Join me during the day, anywhere you maybe so we could chant together. I'll be doing this for appreciation for such a great year and to usher in the next few rounds of greatness I have been expecting from my practice.

My dad got me a graduation gift today, he got me an electronic piano! Its been 14 years since I've owned one and took lesson, but when I quit I was a virtuoso and now I'm so stoked about starting up again. I played for 45 minutes tonight and could still play the easy songs by sight reading them. This is great! I still plan on starting my painting this winter on the weekends when I'm not studying for the GMAT.

President Ikeda has been telling me in the publications all year to play sports, excel at school, get involved in the arts, appreciate music and this is what I'm doing. I'm also teaching other busy folks they could do some wholesome activities as well :)

Faith has never been soooo much fun! Those ten (10) hours are going to be huge, the biggest move I ever made for kosen-rufu. I can't wait!

I'll be back to report tomorrow and look forward to all of you Chanting Growers experiencing more benefit from these causes outlined above :) We are in this together for life, and I mean that from my heart to yours!

Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!!!

SoCal Hippy

Veteran
The wonderful means of truly putting an end to the physical and spiritual
obstacles of all living beings is none other than Nam-myoho-renge-kyo.

(WND, 842)
The Wonderful Means of Surmounting Obstacles
Written to Shijo Kingo; date unknown

SoCal Hippy

Veteran
We must put down firm roots; we must be strong. Inner strength is a prerequisite
for happiness, a prerequisite for upholding justice and one's beliefs. One of
the Buddha's titles is "He Who Can Forbear." To courageously endure, persevere
and overcome all difficulties -- the Buddha is the ultimate embodiment of the
virtue of forbearance. The power of faith gives us the strength to weather and
survive any storm. Perseverance is the essence of a Buddha.

Daisaku Ikeda

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

E

EasyMyohoDisco

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!

TEN HOURS. My throat is sore, I lost my voice, 13 people (total) showed up in front of my Gohonzon today and we did it!

Gotta go toke something, but I just wanted to report. This is it folks, I think 5 or 6 hours is my sweet spot. The last 3 hours were my toughest and the first 5 took the longest.

I feel great and had a friend with me for the entire thing. At one point I had 6 young guys here, then ladies showed up one after the other for the next few hours, then a Man, then my lady came home from work for the last 10 minutes.

This was all for appreciation if you asked me face to face. I'm completely grateful, thank you so much. I really mean it from the bottom of my heart.

***OOHHH my friend Wallace brought Jimmy here and this was Jimmy's fourth chanting meeting and he was here for the entire thing and chanted for about 80%. He asked me to receive his Gohonzon on Thursday and since I have school, we'll do it next Monday!***

Forest20

ICmag's Official Black Guy
Veteran
That's awesome Easy...I have great news as well my sister just got hired today and she is very, very happy....Now my goals are next on my list:)

SoCal Hippy

Veteran
I have heard that you are suffering from illness. Is this true? The impermanence
of this world is such that even the healthy cannot remain forever, let alone
those who are ill. Thoughtful persons should therefore prepare their minds for
the life to come. Yet one cannot prepare one's mind for the next life by one's
own efforts alone. Only on the basis of the teachings of Shakyamuni Buddha, the
original teacher of all living beings, can one do so.

(WND, 76)
Encouragement to a Sick Person
Written to Nanjo Hyoe Shichiro on December 13, 1264

SoCal Hippy

Veteran
Teach this doctrine to others clearly as I have taught you these many years.
Those who call themselves my disciples and practice the Lotus Sutra should all
practice as I do. If they do, Shakyamuni, Many Treasures, Shakyamuni's
emanations throughout the ten directions, and the ten demon daughters will
protect them.

(WND, 978)
On Establishing the Four bodhisattva s as the Object of Devotion
Written to Toki Jonin on May 17, 1279

SoCal Hippy

Veteran
The organization of faith is not something that holds you back or restricts you.
Rather it is a springboard that enables you to develop yourself to the utmost
and to lead the most dynamic existence. It is the most precious place for
carrying out our Buddhist practice.

Daisaku Ikeda

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

E

EasyMyohoDisco

So I lost my voice last night and gained it as the day went on. Facing an uphill battle at work today I actually felt loaded with self respect and conviction in myself. No fear today. These 10 hours of chanting yesterday changed my life. I'm going to strive in 2011 to do at least one 5 hour toso a month, just because its the right thing to do.

I'm just giving updates like its a blog because this thread has been my Buddha Blog for a few years now, going strong. The encouragement posted by SoCal reflects my personal position as well, and many of us are truly united with Nichiren Daishonin on this thread. Please know, that if you don't have a Gohonzon, you should get one sooner than later. The life you'll improve as a result might just be yours.... hahahaha! I feel so great, words cannot express my gratitude. I'm all about Gratitude now.

Grateful is as Grateful does :tiphat:

AfroSheep

I am who I am coz I is who I is.
Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

im glad your feeling so great easy, all sounds like its going pretty well now, keep up the work man.

Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nam myoho renge kyo

Wednesday, December 15th, 2010
---- DAILY ENCOURAGEMENT ----
"There is no situation that cannot be transformed through human revolution."

SGI Newsletter No. 8107, The New Human Revolution--Vol. 24: Chap. 1, Ode to Mothers 8, translated Nov. 24th, 2010.

SoCal Hippy

Veteran
A woman who embraces the lion king of the Lotus Sutra never fears any of the
beasts of hell or of the realms of hungry spirits and animals. All the offenses
committed by a woman in her lifetime are like dry grass, and the single
character myo of the Lotus Sutra is like a small spark. When a small spark is
set to a large expanse of grass, not only the grass but also the big trees and
large stones will all be consumed. Such is the power of the fire of wisdom in
the single character myo. Not only will all offenses vanish, but they will
become sources of benefit. This is what changing poison into amrita means.

(WND, 949)
The Drum at the Gate of Thunder
Written to the lay nun Sennichi on October 19, 1278

Status
Not open for further replies.