What's new

Chanting Growers Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

scegy

did i hear the word SHIT?
oh yes, lots of it, wherever i/we turn.
i should be chanting whenever i get in bad mood(every day now with my gf, living with her makes it even more intense), but i just can't chant when she's around....i know that's one of my weaknesses....but man...i've been praying and working for love and sex for years now...still i cannot chant when i get in trouble, evenings and mornings are usually the most critical parts of the day, and then i chant because it's unavoidable....it gets even worse if i don't do it at least then

i am the one to blame for my condition, no one else and it irratates me that this time i'm not able to see the future as i used to did. i just don't know what's with this girl, she definetly is special, makes my roof blow every day mostly
so my lack of fortune-cooky-abilities right now is one of the things that puzzles me and keeps me from going totally nuts and break our relationship with force

i am an agressive man, calm as shit by nature but when something gets to me, i make a big effort to be as big of an asshole as i can be, and when something piles up for years, not getting solved, i get animalistic in a second

even if i wait before i react, there are still the gf's devils that keep us away from moving on...a full circle i tell ya

my emotions are getting num, i hate talking to other girls because i cannot lie through my eyes, and i cannot pretend anymore that I DON'T WANT TO LIVE...and they see that in me, and there's been like 10000 situations in the near past when i could've make contact with women, and plant a seed....well i didn't, cos, what do i have to offer to that unsuspected girls? more doubts then ever? woohoo, i bet they'd be happy once they've got to know me!
the truth is, this gf of mine, is just pushing me to the limits, to the same ones as my brother did when we were kids, he still likes to push ppl in the mental way, not expressing his understanding of situation, just joking and fucking around, so is my gf.
now all the suffering i've got so far in this life, has polished me through time, like chanting does. but man, enough, enough, enough!

can i say something, i must, nothing personal. fuck you, let's chant!

p.s.

Thank you my Gohonzon!

Last edited:

Hitman

Hi Scegy,

Don't do anything that would ruin your life. Remain calm at all times. Sheesh, it sounds easy doesn't it?

I wanted to tell everyone or discuss with you the idea of medicine. The things that
hurt your feelings. The things that you know you shouldn't take personally but you feel it personally- like it's against you and only you. The things that make you feel like the greatest chump in the world. The good guy who finishes last. All mirrors tell you that you are weak and then you can't even look at them. Well if we can endure this which we will have to because of who we are we are pushing back that stop sign out there. We are going light years ahead if we let the takers take and the insulters insult. Do 100% with everything and it will all work itself out. As Boddhis we experience man at his worst and greed at it's finest. If you can swallow that medicine without being totally crushed down the treasure will be yours and the kingdom too. The treasure towers inside us will grow like jack and the beanstock. But it's hard because the feeling wakes you up real early when you still can't see your ceiling and it hovers around while you struggle to sleep. But that is the environment changing around you putting everything together in it's rightful place. Smile instead of frown and you'll wear the crown. Faith in Nam Myoho Renge Kyo. I know it's true but it's so HARD to bear.

Have a wonderful day everyone- look the dragon in its face and tell it that you're going to slay it. You're going to knock it back on its heels and plunge your sword so deep in it's belly that it's going to look like puff the magic dragon by the time you're done working it. Believe in yourself. Step cautiously and avoid patches of oil and ice and broken floor boards. When bolts start to blow on your submarine head for the surface. This magical world we live in is so full of surprises, shock and wonder that I can't even understand it. I'm just thankful that the Gohonzon has shown me you!

Hit

scegy

hey hitman, don't worry, have no intentions to hurt myself, i'm doing it enough with my brains already :)
p.s. i can see the confusion, i forgot a word hehe!

well to share my experience today:

i woke up angry from the last night, since i didn't get the attention i needed(was a hard day for both of us), i don't mean sex, just attention

well when i woke up this morning i had no other clues then just to wait a little if she'll do somethins...well she didn't as usually...so instead off waiting for her to leave to theu university and then chant, i took my anger, said a few fucking, asshole, shithole, buttfuciking words and then i wass off to Chanting Growers, writing, and then i went straight chanting trying not to focus on her and on our situation, just Nam Myoho Renge Kyo + gongyo...well the more i focused, less angry i felt, and when i carried on i though why not just showing her that i love her and that i understand how she feels now with all the fuzz going around(school, us, feelings etc.) with a simple hug and i love you bitch?

i did that and the anger was transformed in a different kind of cummunication that felt much deeper then just leting my anger take control...so not waiting for the cause to come, but rather making the cause

my goals:

whenever i'll get to the point that i'm just angry on her not understanding me and pissing me off, i'll grab my balls and my heavy brain infront off the Gohonzon and then i'll act and set the cause for what i want!

the funny thing is, i went chanting rock hard and still angry, but in a few moments after i started i felt a comforting sattisfaction in all degrees of Myself

i'm not saying i'll have sex with the Gohonzon:) but it's liberating to know that even a primal instinct can be transformed, that's an awsome thing for me to know!

i feel joy in not knowing what the rest of the day will bring, even though i haven't started it on the right foot

love ya buddhas!

Last edited:

SoCal Hippy

Veteran
The mystic principle that is the essential nature of phenomena
possesses two aspects, the defiled aspect and the pure aspect. If the
defiled aspect is operative, this is called delusion. If the pure
aspect is operative, this is called enlightenment. Enlightenment
constitutes the realm of Buddhahood. Delusion constitutes the realms of
ordinary mortals.

(WND, 417)
The Entity of the Mystic Law
Written to Sairen-bo Nichijo; date unknown

SoCal Hippy

Veteran
....As Daisaku Ikeda has written, the Lotus Sutra is ultimately a
teaching of empowerment. It "teaches us that the inner determination
of an individual can transform everything; it gives ultimate
expression to the infinite potential and dignity inherent in each
human life."

Source: SGI Quarterly, July 2002

SoCal Hippy

Veteran
"Birth, aging, sickness and death are the inescapable realities of
life, and the eternal questions humankind has attempted to resolve.
How can we create the greatest value amidst a reality that is
impermanent and in constant flux? It was the search for answers to
these questions that led to the birth of Buddhism."

Words of Wisdom by Daisaku Ikeda

SoCal Hippy

Veteran
The Devil of the Sixth is actually a 'friend'

The Devil of the Sixth is actually a 'friend'

"In this age as well, it is not one's allies but one's powerful enemies who assist one's progress."

(The Actions of the Votary of the Lotus Sutra - The Writings of Nichiren
Daishonin, Vol. 1, page 770)[/B]

SoCal Hippy

Veteran
Suffer what there is to suffer, enjoy what there is to enjoy. Regard both
suffering and joy as facts of life, and continue chanting
Nam-myoho-renge-kyo, no matter what happens.

(Happiness in This World - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol. 1, page 681)

SoCal Hippy

Veteran
Let's summon up our great life force!
That is the decisive factor when it comes
to the successful expansion of our solidarity (for humanity).
Our hearts and minds are as vast as the universe,
and our potential has absolutely no limits.

SGI President Daisaku Ikeda's "To My Friends"

SoCal Hippy

Veteran
"Forward! Always forward! This is a basic spirit of Buddhism. Nichiren Daishonin's teaching is the Buddhism of true cause. We live with our gaze fixed on the future, not hung up on the past. To advance eternally-this is the essence of life and the essence of what it means to be a practitioner of the Daishonin's Buddhism."

Daisaku Ikeda

E

EasyMyohoDisco

The arrogant hold tight to earthly attachments while the Buddhas rejoice with freedom

The arrogant hold tight to earthly attachments while the Buddhas rejoice with freedom

EasyDisco Shakubuku Tip From Personal Experience: Avoid Purchasing the Gohonzon (the donation you make when you get your Gohonzon) for friends or shakubukus unless it is a very special circumstance. I've recently helped three friends get Gohonzon and only one comes to meetings when we invite her and the other two have not enshrined their Gohonzon!

It was a horror to report that and I realize that I willingly received Gohonzon with pleasure and I think these three friends I speak of had a really different experience/introduction to this practice because of me and going forward I'll be much more careful. Now I have to really chant hard for them and connect with them and help them connect with others because practicing independently is soo messed up, I don't even wanna go there.

Many in Body and One in Mind, and I single-mindly seek the Buddha within and will help him shine even though I still make silly mistakes that I am really going to correct and avoid in the future.

Human Revolution is tough!

Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
EasyMyohoDisco said:
EasyDisco Shakubuku Tip From Personal Experience: Avoid Purchasing the Gohonzon (the donation you make when you get your Gohonzon) for friends or shakubukus unless it is a very special circumstance. I've recently helped three friends get Gohonzon and only one comes to meetings when we invite her and the other two have not enshrined their Gohonzon!

It was a horror to report that and I realize that I willingly received Gohonzon with pleasure and I think these three friends I speak of had a really different experience/introduction to this practice because of me and going forward I'll be much more careful. Now I have to really chant hard for them and connect with them and help them connect with others because practicing independently is soo messed up, I don't even wanna go there.

Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Just to weigh in here for a moment: One never "purchases" Gohonzon. One takes responsibility for the expense of the Gohonzon's production. The fee covers materials and air freight, and therefore, the fee is different from country to country and SGI organization to SGI organization. To call this a purchase is not the case as one never "owns" the Gohonzon. It is or should be received with the understanding that it is always to be returned and NEVER discarded. If it isn't handed down to a relative at the end of ones life (for the purpose of practice and not as a "keepsake" of the deceased), it is to be returned. Since one never truly "owns" Gohonzon, the fee paid is not a purchase price.

And to underscore the conclusion you have come to from personal experience Easy, NEVER DEPRIVE ANOTHER OF THE OPPORTUNITY TO CREATE FORTUNE IN THEIR LIVES BY BEING RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS FEE THEMSELVES. For whatever reason, I agree, it never seems to work out when we pay the fee for others. We put them in the position to possibly slander the Gohonzon by doing so. No one should receive their Gohonzon before they have even tried chanting! If they are chanting, there really is NO reasonable reason for them to not be able to afford the fee!!!

Encourage them to chant before you encourage them to receive Gohonzon.

I love you guys! Back home safe and sound! Lots to say this eveniong and weekend. Keep on keeping on!

T

Last edited:

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"In our long journey of kosen-rufu, we will have rainy days and stormy days. Sometimes we will win in our struggles, and sometimes we will suffer loss. But winning should never lead to arrogance and vanity, and losing should never lead to servility. Whatever happens, let's continue to advance boldly, steadily, and cheerfully together along the path of our mission. The faster our advance, the stronger the winds of resistance. Therefore, as the Soka Gakkai continues to grow, we can only expect that various trials and tribulations will await us."

SGI Newsletter No. 7567, The New Human Revolution--Vol. 21: Chap. 3, Resonance 6, translated June 12th, 2008

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"Arouse deep faith, and diligently polish your mirror day and night. How should you polish it? Only by chanting Nam-myoho-renge-kyo."

(On Attaining Buddhahood in This Lifetime - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol. 1, page 4) Selection source: "Kyo no Hosshin", Seikyo Shimbun, June 13th, 2008

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The Daishonin states,
"(The element ku in the word kudoku means good fortune or happiness.)
It also refers to the merit achieved by wiping out evil,
while the element toku or doku refers to the virtue
one acquires by bringing about good."*
Brimming with the spirit to refute any injustice and all malicious lies,
let's speak out with words like that of 'the roar of a lion'
and cut down all evil forces and erroneous powers
that misguide people towards unhappiness and suffering.

* Ongi kuden - Gosho Zenshu, page 762, The Record of the Orally Transmitted Teachings, page 148

E

EasyMyohoDisco

Conspicuous and Inconspicuous Benefit

Conspicuous and Inconspicuous Benefit

(i) conspicuous benefit

Benefit that appears in clearly recognisable form. The term is used in contrast with inconspicuous benefit, or benefit that accumulates over a period of time and is not immediately recognisable. The Teaching, Practice, and Proof, a work by Nichiren (1222-1282), states: "Those who obtained benefit during the Former and Middle Days of the Law received 'conspicuous' benefit, because the relationship they formed with the Lotus Sutra during the lifetime of the Buddha had finally matured. On the other hand, those born today in the Latter Day of the Law receive the seeds of Buddhahood for the first time, and their benefit is therefore 'inconspicuous'." (WND-1, p. 474) This passage explains conspicuous benefit as the benefit of the Buddhism of the harvest (Shakyamuni's teachings), and inconspicuous benefit as that of the Buddhism of sowing (Nichiren's teachings).

(ii) inconspicuous benefit

Benefit deriving from Buddhist practice that accumulates over a period of time and is not immediately recognisable. The term is contrasted with conspicuous benefit, or benefit that appears in clearly recognisable form. In The Teaching, Practice and Proof, Nichiren (1222-1282) explains conspicuous and inconspicuous benefit, respectively, as the benefit of the Buddhism of the harvest and that of the Buddhism of sowing. Those who attained Buddhahood during Shakyamuni's lifetime and in the subsequent two thousand years of the Former Day and Middle Day of the Law had already received the seed of Buddhahood from Shakyamuni in the remote past and nurtured it over many kalpas until their capacity for enlightenment had all but matured. Therefore, they were able to reap the fruit of enlightenment when they practised Shakyamuni Buddha's teachings during his lifetime or in the Former Day and Middle Day of the Law. The fruit or benefit of their enlightenment was conspicuous and ready for harvest. In the Latter Day of the Law, however, people receive the seed of Buddhahood in their lives for the first time. The growth of this seed is not immediately recognisable. Therefore, the benefit of the Buddhism of sowing is called inconspicuous benefit. Practically speaking, conspicuous and inconspicuous benefits are not two different types of benefit but two different ways in which benefit appears. Inconspicuous benefit is likened to the gradual growth of a tree – the growth is real, but difficult to recognise in the short run. In the long run, however, the shade or fruit the tree provides can be conspicuously appreciated. In a similar manner, the inconspicuous benefit that derives from the practice of the correct teaching in the Latter Day eventually finds conspicuous expression in the present life of the practitioner.

:laughing:

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
PassTheDoobie said:
Excerpt from the Gosho 'On Prayer' (WND pgs 345-346)

One may ask why the results of these vows should be so long in appearing. And yet, though one might point at the earth and miss it, though one might bind up the sky, though the tides might cease to ebb and flow, and the sun rise in the west, it could never come about that the prayers of the practitioner of the Lotus Sutra would go unanswered. If the bodhisattvas, the human and and heavenly beings, the eight kinds of nonhuman beings, the two sages, the two heavenly deities and the ten demon daughters would by some unlikely chance fail to appear and protect the practitioner of the Lotus Sutra, then above them they would be showing their disdain for Shakyamuni and the other Buddhas, and below they would be guilty of deceiving the beings of the nine realms.

It makes no difference if the practitioner himself is lacking in worth, defective in wisdom, impure in his person, and lacking in virtue derived from observing the precepts. So long as he chants Nam-myoho-renge-kyo, they will invariably protect him. One does not throw away gold because the bag that holds it is dirty; one does not ignore the sandalwood trees because of the foul odor of the eranda trees around them; one does not refuse to gather lotuses because the pond in the valley where they grow is not clean. If they ignore the practitioner of the Lotus Sutra, they will be going against their vow.

Now that the Former and Middle Days of the Law are over, persons who observe the precepts are as rare as tigers in the marketplace, and persons of wisdom are harder to find than the horns of a ch'i-lin. While waiting for the moon to rise, one must rely upon a lantern, and when there are no true gems at hand, gold and silver must serve as jewels. The debt of gratitude one owes to a white crow may be repaid to a black crow, and the debt one owes to a sage priest, may be repaid to an ordinary priest. So, if you earnestly pray that blessings be given to you without delay, how can your prayers fail to be answered?

Nichiren Daishonin (1272)

The Gohonzon's mercy is infinite.

E

EasyMyohoDisco

Life is Myoho.

Tonight my buddy (one of the three I mentioned that did not enshrine his Gohonzon yet), came over and chanted for 30 minutes and did gongyo! WOOOOAH! I'm still very pleased he called and came over after I did a half hour of daimoku after work. That is proof for me, and I have to get a bigger Butsudan so I can gift my buddy the one that has been working so well for me and then also get a bigger bell (GONG!!!!). I'm really really stoked about this new developement and woah!!!! My girl is going to do her second HOstess Beyakuren (YWD support staff volunteer like GLW was in her youth) and it is amazing! I'm so proud of her and tomorrow I'll home visit my buddy who I have to sit down with to make sure he chants but we gitterdone! My boy is really alot like us in so many ways and the kid has unlimited potential like me and it is just gravy to be a part of this!

Thomas thanks for the great posts and clarification, much obliged.

Now, I bow in obeisance to all!

THANK YOU SO MUCH! :wave:

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"This is what I have taught my disciples morning and evening, and yet they begin to harbour doubts and abandon their faith. Foolish men are likely to forget the promises they have made when the crucial moment comes."

(The Opening of the Eyes - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol. 1, page 283) Selection source: "Kyo no Hosshin", Seikyo Shimbun, June 12th, 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.