What's new

Chanting Growers Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonzo

Veteran
chanting with my mom, and T at the same time? fuckin crazy Diomoku flyin araound

anyhow been gettin my mom up cause she needs i to i tripped this mornin cuase she did gongyo and i was floored, unreal!!! so off to another day at work, hmmmm what should i biuld today?

Bonzo

Veteran
woooooo hoooooo evening gongyo with mom's we have such a good time doing it, it just blows me away!!! what could be better than doin Gongyo wtih your blood mother who has been chanting for 40 years,

im just blown away

Bonzo

Veteran
oh well the bad vibes are deep , im takin' a break .ill see you cats in the future

peace and love

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Bonzo said:
oh well the bad vibes are deep , im takin' a break .ill see you cats in the future

peace and love

Dude what the hell are you talking about today? By the way, all vibes begin with ourselves. Taking a break is probably not what you need to do.

Go ahead, make your day.

T

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"Believe in this mandala with all your heart. Nam-myoho-renge-kyo is like the roar of a lion. What sickness can therefore be an obstacle?"

(Reply to Kyo'o - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol. 1, page 412) Selection source: "Kyo no Hosshin", Seikyo Shimbun, June 10th, 2008

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"The Daishonin writes: 'An enemy will try to make you forget the danger so that he can attack' (WND-1, 952), and 'The protection of the gods depends on the strength of one's faith' (WND-1, 953). Precisely when we are moving forwards vigorously, we must be careful not to grow negligent or complacent. Arrogance and recklessness put us off guard. The Daishonin urges: 'Be millions of times more careful than ever' (WND-1, 839). That is his solemn advice.

"Faith is a struggle between the Buddha and devilish functions. If we let down our guard or are the least bit careless, we risk being overrun and defeated by negative forces. That's why it's crucial for us to have strong faith and keep working at strengthening it without cease. Acting with wisdom based on such faith is the key to victory."

SGI Newsletter No. 7561, LEARNING FROM THE GOSHO: THE HOPE-FILLED WRITINGS OF NICHIREN DAISHONIN [8] 'The Strategy of the Lotus Sutra,' Faith for Absolute Victory--The Legacy Passed from Mentor to Disciple, from the April 2008 issue of the Daibyakurenge, the Soka Gakkai study journal, translated June 6th, 2008

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"Therefore, wherever we dwell and practise the single vehicle, that place will be the Capital of Eternally Tranquil Light."

(Reply to Sairen-bo - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol. 1, page 313) Selection source: SGI President Ikeda's speech, Seikyo Shimbun, June 8th, 2008

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"The purpose of faith is to make our hearts strong and steadfast--that is, to develop inner strength and conviction. Everything depends on our minds, our hearts. The ultimate conclusion of Nichiren Daishonin's Buddhism is summed up in the words: 'It is the heart that is important' (WND-1, 1000).

"Buddhism is win or lose. It is a struggle between enlightenment and ignorance. Kosen-rufu is a battle between the Buddha and devilish functions. Our heart or mind is what decides our victory or defeat in all things. Spiritual victors can lead lives that are not defeated by anything. The secret to adorning our lives with brilliant victory is the 'strategy of the Lotus Sutra.'"

SGI Newsletter No. 7561, LEARNING FROM THE GOSHO: THE HOPE-FILLED WRITINGS OF NICHIREN DAISHONIN [8] 'The Strategy of the Lotus Sutra,' Faith for Absolute Victory--The Legacy Passed from Mentor to Disciple, from the April 2008 issue of the Daibyakurenge, the Soka Gakkai study journal, translated June 6th, 2008

Bonzo

Veteran
SHIT T ,you think im shuttin down? no no no!!!!! im on a fuckin role BIG HOMIE and then you gotta throw me that PM ? negativaty breeds negativaty .sorry but i try to do MY FUCKING BEST .hey man we chanted for over an hour and were your intentions pure? "frankly im gettin a lil tired of this?" how dare you,

Last edited:
E

EasyMyohoDisco

The Daishonin has Doubt Free Faith!

The Daishonin has Doubt Free Faith!

From the Writings of Nichiren Daishonin
Sunday, June 15, 2008

Furthermore, human beings have two heavenly gods who always accompany them, just as a shadow follows the body. One is named Same Birth and the other Same Name. Perched on one's left and right shoulders, they protect one [by reporting all of one's deeds to heaven]. Therefore, heaven never punishes those who have committed no error, let alone people of merit. That is why the Great Teacher Miao-lo stated, "The stronger one's faith, the greater the protection of the gods." So long as one maintains firm faith, one is certain to receive the great protection of the gods.

The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, page 614
The Supremacy of the Law
Written to Oto and her mother, Nichimyo, on August 4, 1275

E

EasyMyohoDisco

"Babylon The Fire IS BURNING!!!! AND THE TABLE WILL BE TURNING!"

"Babylon The Fire IS BURNING!!!! AND THE TABLE WILL BE TURNING!"

I got my boy chanting again! I'm moonwalking outta joy over here! Gonna really advance today and maintain the greatest most amazing progress streak to date, the key for me is to walk fearlessly and with honor and love for Gohonzon within and at my Capital of The Eternally Tranquil Light!

I was able to help a couple med patients too yesterday with a very nice gift and that just made me feel awesome! I know love for The Law has to be nurtured and fed daimoku. I'm so excited about having the District Meeting at our home next week, that is gonna be huge!!!!

"RISE UP MY PEOPLE RISE UP!!!!"

"EQUAL RIGHTS AND JUSTICE FOR ALL! RISE AND NEVER FALL!"

I can sing too, I think I'm gonna chant to sing in the future, shit I thought I woulda been a great comedian and now I'm getting into singing and dancing. When you awaken the Bodhisattva within and focus on sustaining a higher life condition, it becomes easier to sing and dance!

YO, Nichiren is quoted saying,

"Strengthen your faith now more than ever. Anyone who teaches the principles of Buddhism to others is bound to incur hatred from men and women, priests and nuns. Let them say what they will. Entrust yourself to the golden teachings of the Lotus Sutra, Shakyamuni Buddha, T'ien-t'ai, Miao-lo, Dengyo, and Chang-an. This is what is signified by the expression, "practicing according to the Buddha's teachings."".

(The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, page 626
The Embankments of Faith
Writen to the lay nun Sennichi on September 3, 1275 )

Practicing correctly let's keep encouraging Desi to receive his Gohonzon and keep us posted on his progress because I'm very excited about that, and Scegy is rolling now, let me know how its going my brother!Whats up Bonz, Much love to you and your mom! Hit,Mrs.Babba, Babba, Socal(Supreme), Tom and our extended online family: "A BIG HELLO AND THANKS FOR YOUR CONTINUED DAIMOKU AND SUPPORT!!!"

Last edited:

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Bonzo said:
"frankly im gettin a lil tired of this?" how dare you,

There is no such quotation in my PM. How dare I say something I never said? If you have a question about the purity of my intentions, keep chanting rather than insulting me. I'm sure you'll become sure of what those intentions actually are.

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Inexcusable Bonz. For the record, here's what the PM says:

Inexcusable Bonz. For the record, here's what the PM says:

Dude, you can talk about anything you want that you think will encourage others. The fact that we are friends is a fact, not a privilidge. It was my honor to spend time with you and your mom in your home chanting to your Gohonzon.

We love you homey! You need to chant lots every day. I hope you are strong enough to break out of this shit now. I'm sure you'll agree, it's getting kind of old.

So snap out of it! Chant abundant Daimoku! Read the book! Share it with the thread!

Much love and deepest respect,

T

I could put it in more clear context by referencing our private conversations, but I'll keep private what was said privately. The "I'm sure you'll agree, it's getting kind of old." had to do with your perspective, based on those conversations, not mine.

Excuse the shit out of me for giving a damn. Brother, the Devil of the Sixth Heaven is running you right now and there isn't a darn thing I can do but chant for you. Consider that being done no matter what you decide to say about me.

I apologize that I didn't have more time on this trip, but I told you what it was about from the beginning. I did my best, whether it was enough for you or not. No one has ever said that you aren't doing your best too.

I hope you figure this one out. I think it's a matter of life condition. First it was Easy and now it's me? Come on Bonz, tell me what more I can reasonably do and I will. Why in the world would you publically try and humiliate me?

But that's OK.

Much love and deep respect,

Thomas

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nam myoho renge kyo

As awesome as this medium, the internet, is it definetly has its weak points. Being humans and working off the senses means alot. When we do our communication here on the internet many times the essence of what we are trying to say is lost. You cant hear the crack or the giggle in my voice when I speak. You cant see the grin or the frown or the fact that i can or cant make eye contact when we speak. As wonderful as this medium is it surely has its weak points. Lets take a second and step back and Im sure we can figure out where the misunderstanding part of this conversation started. Lets try that phone call again... its so much better :)
Much love to all of you chanters. Lets stick together and go forward together :)
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Last edited:

Bonzo

Veteran
BIG HOMIE!!! Please except my apology, i was way outta line , i know it and guess what it hurts me more than you, you have no idea , actually you probably do. i love the hell outa ya brotha , is forgiveness a possibility?

goin back to my Butsudan

peace and love my brothers

bonz

Nam myoho renge kyo!!!!!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Babbabud said:
Nam myoho renge kyo

As awesome as this medium, the internet, is it definetly has its weak points. Being humans and working off the senses means alot. When we do our communication here on the internet many times the essence of what we are trying to say is lost. You cant hear the crack or the giggle in my voice when I speak. You cant see the grin or the frown or the fact that i can or cant make eye contact when we speak. As wonderful as this medium is it surely has its weak points. Lets take a second and step back and Im sure we can figure out where the misunderstanding part of this conversation started. Lets try that phone call again... its so much better :)
Much love to all of you chanters. Lets stick together and go forward together :)
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Thanks for the words of wisdom Bud! Could it be that this was just a way for the Universe to inspire you to interject??? You have clearly stated the obvious. I bow in humble obeisance to you!

I am sure everyone here knows how much I care about Bonz. If you don't, just ask SoCal. He knows. Ask him if he thinks I am sincere.

I believe myself to be, but maybe it's me that is filled with delusion. My deepest thanks to all of you. Pardon me if I EVER seem to be rude. It is never my intention.

T

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts