Status
Not open for further replies.
SoCal Hippy said:
The Lotus Sutra states, "[The doctrines that they preach...] will
never be contrary to the true reality." T'ien-t'ai commented on this,
saying that "no worldly affairs of life or work are ever contrary to
the true reality." A person of wisdom is not one who practices
Buddhism apart from worldly affairs but, rather, one who thoroughly
understands the principles by which the world is governed.

(WND, 1121)
The Kalpa of Decrease
Recipient and date unknown

inspiring message . . .

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo!

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

MEANING OF "THE SELECTION OF THE TIME"
Monday, May 14, 2007

Selection Source: On Repaying Debts of Gratitude, WND, 736, Written to Joken-bo & Gijo-bo on July 21, 1276 from Minobu

A hundred years of practice in the Land of Perfect Bliss cannot compare to the benefit gained from one day's practice in the impure world. Two thousand years of propagating Buddhism during the Former and Middle Days of the Law are inferior to an hour of propagation in the Latter Day of the Law. This is in no way because of Nichiren's wisdom, but simply because the time makes it so. In spring the blossoms open, in autumn the fruit appears. Summer is hot, winter is cold. The season makes it so, does it not?

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

SoCal Hippy

Veteran
Ralph Waldo Emerson says, "Good-nature is plentiful, but we want
justice with a heart of steel, to fight down the proud." If people are
merely good-natured, then those who are arrogant and highhanded will
have free rein to carry on as they please. Only those who fight with
hearts of steel are people of justice.

Daisaku Ikeda

E

EasyMyohoDisco

Had a toso at my place last night, was a great meeting. With this buddhist practice I am starting to really feel courageous.

Let's keep on keeping on!

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Hey friends :wave:
We have great news to share with you all . Just found out that the second grandchild we are so anxiously waiting on is a BOY !!! wooohoooooooo!!
We already have a beautiful grandaughter and now a grandson on the way. We are so thrilled !!!!!!!!!!!!
Hope this finds everyone in great spirits we are so happy to share the news!!!!!!!!!!
With much Daimoku for you all !!!!!!!!
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

SoCal Hippy

Veteran
Life is a chain. All things are related. When any link is disturbed, the other links will be affected. We should think of the environment as our mother - Mother Soil, Mother Sea, Mother Earth. There is no crime worse than harming one's mother.

Wisdom for Modern Life - Daisaku Ikeda

SoCal Hippy

Veteran
[Adapted from an article in the April 28, 2007 issue of the Seikyo Shimbun, Soka Gakkai, Japan]

April 28, 2007 marks the 754th anniversary of the establishment of Nichiren Buddhism (April 28, 1253). Today, SGI members in 190 countries and territories around the world practice Nichiren Buddhism.

On April 27, SGI President Daisaku Ikeda participated in a commemorative service to mark the anniversary at the Tokyo Makiguchi Memorial Hall in Hachioji City. He, together with Soka Gakkai representatives, paid deep tribute to Nichiren for his lifetime dedication to people's happiness.

Born on February 16, 1222, as the son of poor fisher folk in a small fishing village in Awa Province (southern part of present-day Chiba), Nichiren (named Zennichi-maro--"Splendid Sun" by his parents) was sent to study at Seicho-ji, a local temple that had developed into a prestigious institution for the study of the Lotus Sutra. From there Nichiren embarked on a life-long journey to clarify the teachings of Buddhism that had become obscured by the emergence of competitive sects that vied for power and influence. His pursuit ultimately led him to the Lotus Sutra, which Nichiren discerned as containing the heart of Buddhism. On April 28, 1253, Nichiren first invoked "Nam-myoho-renge-kyo" and established a Buddhist teaching based on the Lotus Sutra as the correct and direct path for enlightenment, or Buddhahood, for all humanity. Thereafter, Nichiren spent over two decades elucidating the correct practice of Buddhism and remonstrating with the military regime that suppressed the masses, based on his revolutionary stance that the state exists for the sake of the people. His was a noble, spiritual struggle to free people of their fundamental darkness--the inability to see or recognize the true nature of one's life--and to help them discover the limitless potential inherent within. Nichiren dedicated his life to opening a great path of happiness for humanity.

The Soka Gakkai and SGI members throughout the world, inspired by the example of the first three Soka Gakkai presidents, continue to succeed Nichiren's legacy and have made efforts to contribute to society through the concept of "human revolution," an inner-directed reformation that leads to positive changes in one's immediate environment and society.

SoCal Hippy

Veteran
From a mundane view, I am the poorest person in Japan, but in the
light of Buddhism, I am the wealthiest person in all Jambudvipa. When
I consider that this is all because the time is bright, I am
overwhelmed with joy and cannot restrain my tears.

(WND, 977)
On Establishing the Four bodhisattvas as the Object of Devotion
Written to Toki Jonin on May 17, 1279

Bonzo

Veteran
Ill say it again WooooooooooooooHoooooooooooooooooooo Congradulations to the Babba's. I know you would be thrilled with a boy or a girl ,but is it kinda neat neat to know your gonna have a grandson? Like i said either way its just awesome Grandpa Babba!! j/k dude I love ya man!!!!!!!!!!!!!

peace to you and yours

bonz

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Nam myoho renge kyo!!!!!>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

SoCal Hippy

Veteran
The sutra states: "If one [of these good men or good women in the time
after I have passed into extinction] is able to secretly expound the
Lotus Sutra to one person, even one phrase of it, then you should know
that he or she is the envoy of the Thus Come One. He has been
dispatched by the Thus Come One and carries out the Thus Come One's
work." Who else but us can this possibly refer to?

(WND, 385)
The True Aspect of All Phenomena
Written to Sairen-bo Nichijo on May 17, 1273

purcellville

Self Proclaimed Hash Whore
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks to all here who have given me insight and encouragement to explore the dharma and begin a path of awakening.

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

E

EasyMyohoDisco

purcellville said:
thanks to all here who have given me insight and encouragement to explore the dharma and begin a path of awakening.

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

THanks for sharing my sentiments, right on, bullseye. Until I found myself face to face with Gohonzon, all the "observing of the mind/my mind" I did was a futile excercise, kinda like mental masterbation.

Now, I chant and develope courage and my faith. Welcome Purcellville!

AND A HEARTY CONGRATS TO BABBA!

Keep on fighting the good fight or at the very least take out the bad germs and live as healthy as you can! Excercise, eat well, excercise and don't forget to sleep well!

SoCal Hippy

Veteran
There is no self-improvement without effort. Without taking action, happiness will never come, no matter how long you wait. A life without peaks and valleys is a fairy tale. Reality is strict, because it is a win-or-lose struggle. This is the way it is for human beings. Therefore, you should not allow yourselves to be battered about by reality but rather willingly rise to its challenges and use them as opportunities to train and strengthen yourselves.

Daisaku Ikeda

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sorry for being tardy! Congrats to the Babbas!

Our girls are out and about and into the fold. It's like we came back from our trip and the kid count doubled. The twins are full fledged toddlers. Seeing them all play together (my joke to them is that they are my "great big pile of kids") is kind of mind numbing. Sorry to have been gone so long folks.

My bad...

Much love and deep respect,

T

SoCal Hippy

Veteran
Great to hear from you T

Great to hear from you T

Life is the foremost of all treasures. It is expounded that even the
treasures of the entire major world system cannot equal the value of
one's body and life. Even the treasures that fill the major world
system are no substitute for life.

(WND, 1125)