What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Chanting Growers Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonzo

Veteran
Tree my brotha and all my homie's here, i didnt make my meeting last nite and i was all fucked up over it, BULLSHIT!!!! The time has come for me to stop fuckin with me and stop kickin' my own ass and then pissin and moanin' about it. Unfortunately my friends thats a little easier said than done for me than it may be for others, we all got are problems and hangups and BULLSHIT!!!

Cause thats what it REALLY is, back to mountains out of molehills, BULLSHIT!!!

I am totally commited to gettin' this thing, but it just happens to coincide with a fucked up episode of my life so its a little rough so its became apparent as my head popped outa my ass this morning:

START CHANTING AND QUIT THINKIN' THE FUCKIN' SKY IS FALLING!!!!!!!!!!!!

so thats what im doing.

peace to all

bonz

>>>>>>>>>>NAM MYOHO RENGE KYO>>>>>>>>>>

WOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

scegy

bonzo: hmm, it's hard to think on nam yoho renge kyo when you have ur head full of other things that need to be done first...remember free will, you can return later to this thoughts whitout loosing anything, be determant to succeed and if delaying something so it can happen later is what you have to do....don't worry just follow your path don't mind the rocks :)

Bonzo

Veteran
scegy! thanks dude and your right and your wisdom continues to blow me away, ALL the wisdom on this thread blows me away, every day. i agree with you scegy, but , to just lay it out there, i have problems in the head bro, have you ever had the fear of walking out your front door? its a trip bro, i need courage and faith in myself right now so i can get back to doin what i do (carpentry) i believe that i can achieve that courage through nam myoho renge kyo.

thanks agian bro and ill just kick those rocks outa my way.

sometimes i look at these pics and cant believe i built that, (not that its any better than anyone elses work) but i did, and i will again, thanks scegy, and keep the cap on the rhizo :wave:

peace

bonz

>>>>>>>>>>nam myoho renge kyo>>>>>>>>>>

Last edited:

Bonzo

Veteran
I think you shoud tree, T hit the nail on the head with that one eh? allthough your current one is a gem as well, maybe switch em up every now and again.

indeed Hit:
nam myoho renge kyo
nam myoho renge kyo
nam myoho renge kyo

peace

bonz

Last edited:

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Myoho-renge-kyo is the Law inherent in our own lives. The ongoing moment-to-moment transformation in our hearts and minds that we achieve through chanting daimoku not only leads to a fundamental inner change, but to a change in the entire way we live our lives, putting us on track to attain Buddhahood in this lifetime, and it further creates a groundswell for the great transformation of all humankind that is kosen-rufu. The dynamic force for change on all levels is Myoho-renge-kyo.

(Source: SGI Newsletter No. 6931, featuring SGI President Ikeda Study Lecture Series, ON ATTAINING BUDDHAHOOD IN THIS LIFETIME, [6], The Mystic Nature of Our Lives, Become the Master of Your Mind Rather Than Let Your Mind Master You. Translated from the June 2006 issue of the Daibyakurenge, the Soka Gakkai study journal)

Delta9-THC

from the mists and the shadows .... there you wil
Veteran
pass me that rock Bonz ... I'll smash it ...

Tear up anything in your path to being who you truly are .... dont let any of those thoughts get you down ...

You are a good person
(and i dont even know you )

SERIOUSLY ... Everyones got "problems in the head " ... Im not getting at ya (as if i could)
but you need to have faith ... its in you i can feel it ....
You need to strengthen it now..

Help yourself ... I feel you can take a rest from others ,,, to be back more refreshed ... just dont let yourself forget to take a "refresh"

And you know

I can hear you loud and clear bro...

Peace

Last edited:
G

Delta9-THC said:
pass me that rock Bonz ... I'll smash it ...

Tear up anything in your path to being who you truly are .... dont let any of those thoughts get you down ...

You are a good person
(and i dont even know you )

SERIOUSLY ... Everyones got "problems in the head " ... Im not getting at ya (as if i could)
but you need to have faith ... its in you i can feel it ....
You need to strengthen it now..

Help yourself ... I feel you can take a rest from others ,,, to be back more refreshed ... just dont let yourself forget to take a "refresh"

And you know

I can hear you loud and clear bro...

Peace

I am very proud to be your comrade Delta9 aka Smiley. :wave:

Hitman

Hey Bonzo, you can be proud of your accomplishments. I wish I could learn how to build from you.

Just like the song says " Put one foot in front of the other and soon you'll be walking out the door"

Glad to know you, they'll be another meeting, one day we'll all meet to chant at yo' place, smoke doobs and share experiences.

Everybody, I always have to say thanks

Hit

Hitman

People, can I just let you know that I pushed forth with about a half hour of Daimoku and got actual proof. I was able to speak to someone because they were put right in my path just the way Doobie said the Vice Pres crossed his path. I was place right at the source of my struggle and cam out positive.

Can't wait to see what happens after an hour.

G

Hitman said:
People, can I just let you know that I pushed forth with about a half hour of Daimoku and got actual proof. I was able to speak to someone because they were put right in my path just the way Doobie said the Vice Pres crossed his path. I was place right at the source of my struggle and cam out positive.

Can't wait to see what happens after an hour.

Hold on tight to that feeling Hitman, it will really help weather many strong storms ahead! Same goes for me and everyone else, we are in this together and no matter what, NEVER BE DEFEATED! Never! Speaking about proof, I'm here patiently waiting for some people to produce some and others to share! :wave: :wave:

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I, Nichiren, have inscribed my life in sumi ink, so believe in the Gohonzon with your whole heart. The Buddha's will is the Lotus Sutra, but the soul of Nichiren is nothing other than Nam-myoho-renge-kyo.

[ Reply to Kyo'o, WND Page 412 ]

ft100

ICMag Donor
Veteran
i thank you friends. i have read all that you have said and have read the newest SGI quarterly. i am very interested in understanding a new way of thinking because even though i was raised catholic i have not practiced in a long while and it never felt like it completed me spiritually. i have been living for years with a void in myself and i have chose to ignore it. maybe looking in to your practices will help me and maybe it will not. but i thank you again for your warm welcome and quick responses. i do not know if i have earned the right to chant with you because i do not know if it would disrespect you if i chanted. so i will not. i will keep reading ..................

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
ft100, dude! PLEASE CHANT WITH US! IT WOULD BE THE ULTIMATE RESPECT! IT IS WHY WE GATHER TOGETHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you and please ask any questions you may have, but by all means keep reading as much as you can as well.

scegy

bonzo: hello, feeling any better today? i've been thinking about u and ur head problems and i think u've already done half of the way...you'r resisting the fucked up thoughts...my way has always been to face obsticles on the fly, as soon as i "get" the problem it vanishes into to sky. what's the worse thing it can happen? there's more to be afraid of inside then outside, sgi told me that, you told me that...use the knowledge you got from all this to conquer your probs, concentrate as you concentrated when you were building that house....every nail needed your full attention if you didn't want to get the hammer on your fingers or the nail bended...the same goes to your head.
rhizo shower party? :chin:

Last edited:

Delta9-THC

from the mists and the shadows .... there you wil
Veteran
ft100 - yes you can chant .... and maybe it will help you ... depends on what you want and how ya get it ...
Welcome to our little place...!

Scegy nam myoho renge kyo !

Hope your well

Peace

SoCal Hippy

Veteran
Hi all!!!

1st time logging in for 7 days and see lots of great posts even tho I only got thru 3 pgs and have 4 more to go. Not much time to say much but wanted at least to say hi and that I am still alive and enjoying my life as a 'Buddha'. Join me.

Got back from Cali last week and its been a whirlwind since. Went to a doctor to get my health in check and started a new job that that has put me working 6 days straight. A bit strenuous for a 50+ guy but well appreciated right now.

Let's all have the ichinen (determination) of General Li Kuang and make all the impossible things in our lives possible thru our strong prayers to the Gohonzon. Keep the faith!

"The mighty warrior General Li Kuang, whose mother had been devoured by a tiger, shot an arrow at the stone he believed was the tiger. The arrow penetrated the stone all the way up to its feathers. But once he realized it was only a stone, he was unable to pierce it again. Later he came to be known as General Stone Tiger. This story applies to you. Though enemies lurk in wait for you, your resolute faith in the Lotus Sutra has forestalled great dangers before they could begin. Realizing this, you must strengthen your faith more than ever."

WND pg 953

Hitman

My Grandmother has a Gohonzon but she hasn't chanted for a long time. I wanted to share my joy with her and I did not want here to miss out on tapping into her Buddha Wisdom. She called me and told me she did Gongyo and she said she had an unbelievably good experience.

Hit

Thanks for being here everyone!

Chant on!

Status
Not open for further replies.