What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Chanting Growers Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hitman

I guess I have to stand up and share the real joy in my heart that I receive when I chant. And my ability to perceive situation positively is greatly enhanced. It's like no amount of poison cannot be turned into medicine! Things just seem to rhythmically fall into order. When I chant I can do anything and I always get a great parking space as just one minute example.

People that are very into their religion can share it with anyone at anytime, I just have to develop this courage. More daimoku. More focus , more faith. Nam Myoho Renge Kyo to all and for all!

G

Hitman said:
I guess I have to stand up and share the real joy in my heart that I receive when I chant. And my ability to perceive situation positively is greatly enhanced. It's like no amount of poison cannot be turned into medicine! Things just seem to rhythmically fall into order. When I chant I can do anything and I always get a great parking space as just one minute example.

People that are very into their religion can share it with anyone at anytime, I just have to develop this courage. More daimoku. More focus , more faith. Nam Myoho Renge Kyo to all and for all!

thanks alot hitman, i really needed to hear that. great post.

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Arrogance, negligence or carelessness
brings about nothing but defeat.
Great development can be achieved
through our earnest efforts and patience
by using wisdom and having good unity.

Daisaku Ikeda

Hitman

:woohoo: Nam Myoho Renge Kyo, to you too, Doobie!

I hope you have a great day, everyone!

Wake up, It's time to do Gongyo.

I'm starting this new thing of doing Gongyo before the bloomers turn on! Woo Hoo!

Bonzo

Veteran
Morning all! hope your all well. I cant sleep anymore so im gonna chant for awhile. I have my first meeting (at someones house) tonite, little nervous, didnt feel good yesterday, realizing molehills before they become mountains, trying my best anyway, im a fuckin' great mountain maker! lol

anyway just wanted to check in and say >>>NAM MYOHO RENGE KYO>>>!!! I gotta do my best to get to this meeting tonite,

Ya'll have a day that makes yesterday pale in comparison to today!

peace and unity all!

bonz

>>>Nam Myoho Renge Kyo!!!!!!>>>

Hitman

Thanks Bongo! Good Luck at your meeting! You'll do great and excellent things will happen. All the Best!

Good morning Chanting Growers!

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Let's always remember that we need to put forth ceaseless efforts!
It is the accumulation of such persevering efforts
that enables us to accomplish something really great and immortal.
Buddhist practice is about "exerting ourselves bravely and vigorously"!*

Daisaku Ikeda

*"Yumyo shojin (He has exerted himself bravely and vigorously)" - "Expedient Means" chapter of the Lotus Sutra "Buddhist practice has to be carried out with determination and courage. When we bravely challenge ourselves with the spirit to accomplish 'more today than yesterday' and 'more tomorrow than today,' we are truly practicing. Without such a brave and vigorous spirit, we cannot break the iron shackles of destiny, nor can we defeat obstacles and devils. Our daily practice of gongyo is a drama of challenging and creating something new in our lives. When we bravely stand up with faith, the darkness of despair and anxiety vanishes from our hearts, and in pours the light of hope and growth. This spirit to courageously stand up is the spirit of faith.

From the standpoint of the Daishonin's Buddhism, 'exert' means to chant daimoku diligently for the happiness of oneself and others. We can exert ourselves in this fashion only if we possess a brave and vigorous spirit. High Priest Nichikan, citing Miao-lo's interpretation of the term exert as meaning "pure" and "continuous," teaches the proper attitude to have in chanting daimoku. He explains that "pure" means unalloyed, and that "continuous" means to practice continuously and unceasingly. In other words, the important thing is that we chant daimoku each day with sincerity and consistency."

"Let us remember that the SGI has greatly developed precisely because we have bravely and vigorously exerted ourselves in faith - that is, with true earnestness."

"Therefore, all Buddhas, bodhisattvas and Buddhist gods in the three existence's and the ten directions are sure to protect the courageous men and women who propagate the Mystic Law."

(Lectures on the "Expedient Means" and "Life Span Chapters of the Lotus Sutra by Daisaku Ikeda, Volume 1, page 58-63)

Bonzo

Veteran
Thank you for posting that T i needed it RIGHT NOW, aint that somethin, just what i needed to hear.

peace

bonz

>>>NAM MYOHO RENGE KYO!!!!!>>>> AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bonzo

Veteran
SLEEPY DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW!!!!!!!!!!!Amazing you poppin' in her RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!! I am chanting my ass off just to get to this meeting and you of all people pop in and give me a push?! I CANT BELIEVE IT MAN!!!!!!!!!! IS THIS FOR REAL?????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! im trippin, and i think im goin' to meeting tonite!!!!!

Sleepy my brotha i swear i love ya from the bottom of my lil ole heart and that's
for real bro, you have amazed me today as you have so many times before, im speechless THANK YOU SLEEPY DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

im gonna say it again...IS THIS FOR REAL YA'LL???????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

peace

bonz

>>>>>>NAM MYOHO RENGE KYO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!>>>>>>>

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

treehuggers

Good evening my chanting friends!

I see everybody is feeling great!

Bonzo: How did the meeting go? I bet it was great! :)

I have a hard 3weeks period in front of me... I am chanting on full power to give me strenght to do it...

I am everything

I am in the kingdom of peace.
I live as a part of the whole
and as the whole which is
Eden. I am divine love
on earth.

Good night my friends. Remember, this moment and yourself is all you have! Make a good use of it!

NAM MYOHO RENGE KYO!

Last edited:

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Right on Brothers!

Right on Brothers!

Bonzo said:
Sleepy my brotha i swear i love ya from the bottom of my lil ole heart and that's for real bro, you have amazed me today as you have so many times before, im speechless THANK YOU SLEEPY DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>>>>>NAM MYOHO RENGE KYO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!>>>>>>>

Thank you Sleepy! Bonz needed that and based on him needing that we all needed that. I agree, you are amazing! You are all amazing!

Bonz, I love these posts, Brother! You are laying it all out there for everyone to see. How wonderful! It's why and how sleepy gave it back to you. This is what it's all about.

I know you will love your meeting Bonz! You have too many Bodhisattvas of the Earth behind you for anything else other than that to happen. Go for it!

Hit, you keep jammin' too. Oh yah, it's fo real!

Time for morning Gongyo!

T

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Tree, we got your back! I am sure everyone will remember you in their Daimoku. Don't be a stranger, and keep us informed on how you are doing. Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Day by day, through consistently chanting daimoku, we can accumulate the causes and effects for attaining Buddhahood that make it possible to transform a mind clouded by the innate darkness of life into a mind reflecting the essential nature of phenomena and the true aspect of reality (cf. WND, 4). The virtues of these causes and effects over time become the bone and marrow of our beings, with flowers of benefit blossoming in our characters and actual lives.

(Source: SGI Newsletter No. 6931, featuring SGI President Ikeda Study Lecture Series, ON ATTAINING BUDDHAHOOD IN THIS LIFETIME, [6], The Mystic Nature of Our Lives, Become the Master of Your Mind Rather Than Let Your Mind Master You. Translated from the June 2006 issue of the Daibyakurenge, the Soka Gakkai study journal)

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"Nichiren is like the plant, and my teacher, the earth."

(Flowering and Bearing Grain - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, page 909) Selection source: SGI President Ikeda's speech, Seikyo Shimbun, August 12th, 2006

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
to receive encouragement directly via email:

to receive encouragement directly via email:

If you have a friend(s) who would like to get To My Friends directly get them to send an E-mail to the following address and just simply write - "subscribe"

: SGI-ToMyFriends-Wagatomo-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

from there on it is all automatic!

A French version of this is available by writing to :

paroles-request@lists.sgi-france.org

(DEEPEST THANKS AND SINCERE GOOD WISHES TO AVID LERNER FOR TURNING ME ON TO THIS SOURCE IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!)

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
PTD I hope your sunday morning meeting went well. Im sure it did. :)
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Status
Not open for further replies.