What's new

CFL Club!

b00m

~No Guts~ ~No Glory~
Mentor
Veteran
Thanks guyz ICMAG rocks :headbange:headbange:respect::sasmokin: :xmasnut::xmasnut:

komrade komura>> Hey bro yeah I've got a Dynamite X Princess Diesel mix happening @ the mo. Only because of a great friend here on ICMAG, got four plants the biggest one showed me some white hairs just now so fuck yeah she is my fav to, one runt still in the veg cab and the other two in the one container one is a male showing nuts already @ 2 weeks in flower and the other is unconfirmed, can't wait to crank the fuck out of these plants and see what happens and crosses turn out cause the male is staying in the flower for now to pollinate all my shit going on :muahaha:
Researcher>> Thanks bro I just let the plants do what they do naturally with a small kick up the arse along the way. Che quoted something like that to me the other day and realized how true.

k1net1k>> The tallest one is 34cm from the soil

Scrubz>> :watchplant::yoinks: fo sho one day I'll get there

Ghostwolf>> :xmasnut: Thanks bruz :sasmokin:
Happy Gardening All.
Peace.
:eggnog:

VI-guy

how does this sound for a setup

how does this sound for a setup

Heres the idea I'm thinking of at the moment, does anyone see any major flaws? Sort of based on the good drbuds method

2' x 6' x 2' 9" cabinet

9 plants per sq/ft for a total of 18 rows of 6 plants in a perpetual harvest on a 9 week flowering cycle so in theory once everything is up and running it should be possible to harvest 12 plants a week.

For lighting there would be 4 x 42 watt 2800 lumen bulbs over each square ft giving 11200/lumen per sq ft.

and based on amps = watts/voltage it works out to just over 18 amps for the lights so if I split the lights and ventilation between two circuts it should be fine.

I had a kind of unique idea for ventilation ( I think)

both the floor and ceiling of the box would be double walled with a 1" airspace the inner wall of the ceiling that the light fixtures are mounted on would have 1" holes drilled around the fixtures. and the top of the box would have a hold where a 3" ventilation duct would connect so that a fan/filter would suck the air through all of the 1" holes.

The bottom of the box would have 1/2" holes drilled in double the amount of the top for air intake.

Having the double walls would keep the box light tight yet give plenty of air flow a 30 cfm fan dialed down on a rheostat to about half speed would exchange the air completely once every 2 min.

additionally the speed could be increased/decreased to control the ambient temperature.

any thoughts so far? I would say that dialed in this setup could produce 3oz a week?

Last edited:

wallfisher

cfl advantage

cfl advantage

I have been pouring thru forums and grow journals and have noticed that some growers use 2700k and 6500k cfl's. What I am interested in knowing is there an advantage to growing with mixed lights? I know that the 6500k is recommended for veg stage, and 2700k is best suited for flowering stage.
I have started building a pc micro grow and would like to have as much info before I get to far along. My box is 8"W x 18"L x 18"T. I have 2 12v intake fans, 2 12v exhaust fans. My lights will be 4 20w cfl's on a12/12 light cycle from seed.
I originally planned on 4 20w 6500k cfl's @ 1150 lumens each (4600 lumens) for vegging, then changing to 4 20w 2700k @1200 lumens (4800) for flowering. My 2nd option is using 2 of each during vegging then change out the 2 6500k for full time flowering. Also how many lumens is recommended for my grow box?

:tree::thanks:Thanks in advance for any input on this.

cornflake

better'n coco pops any ol' day o da week
Veteran
CFL Questions

CFL Questions

I rek'n this is a good place to ask ;)

Can some kind soul help me calculate my VEG CFL needs.

I have a need to create 3 veg spaces, each measuring 12" x 16".

I'm wondering if a single 25W "cool white" @ 6500K would be adequate for each space, or will I need more?

TheGreenBastard

Assistant Weekend Trailer Park Superviser
Veteran
you'll need much more depending upon how many plants you will be vegging.

You'd probably be better off with a 42 or maybe 2 25's

you have 1.33 square feet in each of 3----thats 192 sq inchs:elf:

25+25+42 for veg

25+42+42 for fruit----thats for 1 square foot---:eggnog:

I M O you need to increase 25 w ea for your cabs:gift:

wallfisher

I rek'n this is a good place to ask ;)

Can some kind soul help me calculate my VEG CFL needs.

I have a need to create 3 veg spaces, each measuring 12" x 16".

I'm wondering if a single 25W "cool white" @ 6500K would be adequate for each space, or will I need more?

Here is a link to a site that has a good grow guide, I haven't signed up in it yet but it has easy to find guide about lights.

http://www.gardenscure.com/

Hope this helps it help me with info on cfl's and lumens needed for my grow, then others were helpful and gave me some encouraging advice here.

cornflake

better'n coco pops any ol' day o da week
Veteran
thanks guys

thanks guys

i have read the formula to calculate the needs accurately before, lost in a post in a haystack of ten thousand posts I've read lately lol so I come here and you guys don't dissapoint

thanks

here's a couple of recent pics, of one of the veg spaces with 2 x 25w, was just hoping I could get away with one ;)

picture.php

picture.php

and the aero cloner with only a few test subjects, with 4 x 25w in a staggered formation (and extra room on left of the cab for 2 clone mums if I need to)

picture.php

jcochran

growing with CFL first time

growing with CFL first time

i was supposed to start growing 2 months from now with a 400watt, but i got too excited the other day because i got a really good deal on a blue dream clone. so now im gonna try to grow it with some CFL's. It's just one plant. The question I have is, how many CFL's do I need during flowering, and should I have a different hue like red or something? It's my first time growing. And do I need any reflective material? The long cab I have is 7 long by 3 wide...but i can adjust the height easily.

TheGreenBastard

Assistant Weekend Trailer Park Superviser
Veteran
First, the question is never "how many CFL's do I need" but how much light.
For one plant I would use two 42w's and maybe add a few 23w's (red spec) during flowering. That is more than enough light for one plant, and it should give you some pretty nice results. Plus, it is always nice to have some CFL's around (for broader spectrum, side-lighting/supplemental light, etc.) even if you will be using a 400w HPS later.

Also, we don't tend refer to light color as "hue" but as "spectrum". For flowering you will want a majority of red spectrum (2700k) lighting. During vegetative you will want to have mostly blue spec. (6500k).

Secondly, that cab is going to be way to big for one plant. If your grow space is too big than you will have a loss of light. I would section off part of it with cardboard or something; Make sure whatever you use is flat white.

As far as reflective material, you don't need it but it helps. The most you'll need is flat white walls. Though if you insist you could buy some mylar, but make sure that it is flat so you don't cause hotspots.

jcochran

tgb, thanks a lot. really helps. i can section it off easily if its too big, but how small do you think i should make it?

Latest posts

Latest posts