What's new

CFL Club!

BlueHalo: I would have to suggest raising the humidity as soon as possible, I had the same problem with my humidity being as low as 28%. I would suggest buying a cheap humidifier, around 20 dollars if u have the room, and money. If not, u could MAYBE foilage feed which will bring your humidity up, only about 6%, at the most, but only for about 30 minutes, it drops back down pretty quick! I bought a Humidifier on clearance for 16$ and it raised my humidity from 30% to 45% and above which is pretty damn good, 60 being the highest! I am growing with CFL's also and the highest temp i have had since i got the humidifier has been around 83, compared to before it hitting 86 degrees. The humidity might have lowered my temp just slightly (maybe?) just becuz its a cool mist humidifier being blown around my room and onto my lights! I hope this helps a little!

BlueHalo

BlueHalo: I would have to suggest raising the humidity as soon as possible, I had the same problem with my humidity being as low as 28%. I would suggest buying a cheap humidifier, around 20 dollars if u have the room, and money. If not, u could MAYBE foilage feed which will bring your humidity up, only about 6%, at the most, but only for about 30 minutes, it drops back down pretty quick! I bought a Humidifier on clearance for 16$ and it raised my humidity from 30% to 45% and above which is pretty damn good, 60 being the highest! I am growing with CFL's also and the highest temp i have had since i got the humidifier has been around 83, compared to before it hitting 86 degrees. The humidity might have lowered my temp just slightly (maybe?) just becuz its a cool mist humidifier being blown around my room and onto my lights! I hope this helps a little!

Thanks for the advice joenjonaCFL420. I checked out your thread and man your Purple Kush looked mighty dank. It's one of my favorites! I hope mine strains end up looking as good as yours! I am on the third node at 1.5 weeks from seed. Do you know if this is about right? Trying not to get discouraged. Outdoors is alot different. Anyhow, I immediately went out and bought a humidifier at Rite Aid for $40 and as soon as I got it home I put some RO water in it and put it in the cab for about an hour before I checked the humidity level. Unfortunately my humidity level stayed the same. Apparently all of the humidity is going right out the exhaust. Still at 27% humidity. I am about out of ideas? One good thing is that my temps have stablized to about 82 degrees. I have a huge amount of lumens in there and wonder if is too much for a 45 gallon Rubbermaid?

Also, today I flushed the Coco with Clearex and then made up a batch of Botanicare Nutes with 5ml of calmeg, 10ml of Pro Blend Pro, and 10ml of Liquid Karma. I hadn't ph'd my Nutes in like 5 days and so I checked it and found that it was very acidic (poor girls) and so I a dde d some ph up and got it to 6.0. I also made a batch of homemade co2 using Champagne yeast, baking powder and sugar and water and a .50 gallon airtight container. I ran a hose from th e con tainer to the inside of my cab. I hope that it works! Does anyone have any experience with this set up? Thanks for all of your imput! Glad to be apart of the CFL Club! Peace.

http://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=2631&pictureid=31823

Is that ur humidifier in the picture? If so, try movin it on the other side of the tub, across from the fan, I cant believe it hasnt moved ur humidity at all. Did u try unscrewing maybe two lights and see if the heat lowers? Only a few of the plants look a little droopy! Probably from low humidity! Have u tried foliar spraying the plants, that will lift the humidty up a lil'..

I am actually having PH problems my self, which is causing some nute locks and problems, I thought i would be good with some spring water from the mountains, out of a well, BUT, i was wrong, PHed the water today and its a WHOPPIN 8.5, without nutes in it. So its probably around 7.8 with nutes which is still WAY to high, having some yellowing and browning. I hope i can get this faucet water down low enough...I have a trash can full of water sitting so it will filter some nasties out! I will post some pics of my plants all PH nuted fucked, and then some when they pull out of it. Hopefully it will be soon, pics will be on 2morrow!!

It will say on the box, or on the web site where you order it

If it doesn't have the specific color temp, it will say 'cool white' or 'warm white'

- cool white is more blue
- warm white is more red

Milonix420

alright thanks...So red is better for flower and blue is better for veg
so i am guessing if i used both in flower it would be alot better?

It will say on the box, or on the web site where you order it

If it doesn't have the specific color temp, it will say 'cool white' or 'warm white'

- cool white is more blue
- warm white is more red

Not necessarily a lot better, no. Most folks would tell you to stick with the warm whites, but I think mixed spectrum is probably a good thing. If you go mixed, just use more of the warm than the cool, if you have a total of 8 lights, maybe make 6 of them warm and 2 cool.

Let us know how it works out for you, good luck.

Milonix420

Alright thanks...i am trying to figure what spectrum my bulbs are they dont say warm or cool nor do i see anything about 3000k 6.7k or whatever

the bulbs are GE energy smart 26 watt cfls 1650 lumens

i might be over looking but i douno

Not necessarily a lot better, no. Most folks would tell you to stick with the warm whites, but I think mixed spectrum is probably a good thing. If you go mixed, just use more of the warm than the cool, if you have a total of 8 lights, maybe make 6 of them warm and 2 cool.

Let us know how it works out for you, good luck.

BlueHalo

Is that ur humidifier in the picture? If so, try movin it on the other side of the tub, across from the fan, I cant believe it hasnt moved ur humidity at all. Did u try unscrewing maybe two lights and see if the heat lowers? Only a few of the plants look a little droopy! Probably from low humidity! Have u tried foliar spraying the plants, that will lift the humidty up a lil'..

I am actually having PH problems my self, which is causing some nute locks and problems, I thought i would be good with some spring water from the mountains, out of a well, BUT, i was wrong, PHed the water today and its a WHOPPIN 8.5, without nutes in it. So its probably around 7.8 with nutes which is still WAY to high, having some yellowing and browning. I hope i can get this faucet water down low enough...I have a trash can full of water sitting so it will filter some nasties out! I will post some pics of my plants all PH nuted fucked, and then some when they pull out of it. Hopefully it will be soon, pics will be on 2morrow!!

The humidifier was the only one that I could find that would fit in the cab. Thanks for the advice. I'll put it on the opposite side of my intake fan but it will bu under my exhaust. Somethings got to give. I did unscrew two bulbs and that seemed to bring the temps within the low 80's. I had 12X27 watt 6700K 1600 lumens in there plus 2X85 watt 6700k 5000 lumens and so I took out the 85 watters plus two of the 27 watt. Its definately not as bright in there now. I am having some leaf curl on a few og the plants but don;t know if this is from heat stress, over Nute, overwater, wrong ph, or from having the fan blowin on them. Also, some of the new leaves that are coming out are looking wilted and a little brown. I was foliar spraying but then I remembered that doing that when the lights are on is a bad thing and because they are in veg the lights are always on.

I don't remember if you said that you are using coco or soil? Man I hope that your babies come out of it. MJ is suprisingly a very hardy plant that can withstand many problems but this also depends on the strain and genetics as well. I know that ph problems can cause some stunting of growth. I think that this is what happened with a couple of my smaller ones. Do you use straight tap water or a mixture of that and RO water?
I was using a mixture at first but then went to straight RO water from Walmart. It cost me like $12 bucks and then $2 after that to refill it. Not a bad deal.I checked the ph of the RO water and it is at 6.0. If you can try getting some distilled/RO water. Do you have ph up and down? What about flushing to get excess salt and Nute buildup out of your medium and then start on regular ph'd Nutes? Let us know how it's coming.

Wilted leaves. Maybe I should take these to the imfirmary?

BlueHalo

I am having problems raising my humidity and have tried a humidifier but it hasn't worked. I was wondering if misting the plants while in veg under CFL's would be ok to try and raise the humidity? I know that under HPS's you don't want to do this and under hot lights because the droplets acts as a magnifying glass and can cause burn spots, but what about CFL's because they don't get that hot? Thanks in advance.

I am having some leaf curl on a few og the plants but don;t know if this is from heat stress, over Nute, overwater, wrong ph, or from having the fan blowin on them. Also, some of the new leaves that are coming out are looking wilted and a little brown. I was foliar spraying but then I remembered that doing that when the lights are on is a bad thing and because they are in veg the lights are always on.

I don't remember if you said that you are using coco or soil? Man I hope that your babies come out of it. MJ is suprisingly a very hardy plant that can withstand many problems but this also depends on the strain and genetics as well. I know that ph problems can cause some stunting of growth. I think that this is what happened with a couple of my smaller ones. Do you use straight tap water or a mixture of that and RO water?
I was using a mixture at first but then went to straight RO water from Walmart. It cost me like $12 bucks and then $2 after that to refill it. Not a bad deal.I checked the ph of the RO water and it is at 6.0. If you can try getting some distilled/RO water. Do you have ph up and down? What about flushing to get excess salt and Nute buildup out of your medium and then start on regular ph'd Nutes? Let us know how it's coming.

Wilted leaves. Maybe I should take these to the imfirmary?

The leaf curl that u have starting could becuz of the ph maybe, I have some of that goin on down low! I've been researching ALOT since my plants started showing huge defencies. I dont know if i said, but my water un-nuted was 8.4 yesterday and I picked up some cheap PH tabs for aquariums becuz I have a huge trash can full of water. One tablet per 10 gallons and it will keep ur PH around 6.8-7.2. So I dropped 5 tablets in my trash can, and let them dissolve, filled a gallon of water out of it and threw my canna nutes in it, normal strength. After that, The ph was around 6.6 and I picked up some ph up and down tday from a friend. Put 8 drops in a gallon, and got my ph down to aroun 6.2, which should hopefully be fine. I am going to be flushing my plants 2morrow with some water around 6.0, if i can get it there, since they are extremely dry now, and then after they dry up from that I will feed them ALOT better. I dont know what I was thinking this whole time, :wallbash: I should of phed my water earlier. :wallbash: Idiot :wallbash: Idiot:wallbash:.. Thats how we learn right!!

What is RO water, is that the distilled water out of the vending machine, water dispenser thing in the front of walmart? It is 6.0 right out of that u say? I might have to check that out, I might be able to lower my ph even easier!! O ya, I am using a Soil-less Coco Mix from Hydro store. Heres a few pics of my PH problem causing about 6 OTHER defencies!! Just have to put myself behind on schedule, but its alright.

Milonix420

Well i looked for the FLE number and couldnt find it.

my FLE number is FLE26HT2/2/XL/2P

IKILL3RI

cfl...King

Hey King If I buy a cooling fan for my pc grow and its has a led light, will that harm my plants?