What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

CBD # 1 Feminized

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Congrats on your outdoor harvest paisajedehierba :)

Glad CBD #1 performed well in your climate finishing early too.

Curious to know your opinion of your first CBD experience after drying and curing process.

CBD#1 was germinated in June and had to stand the guerilla conditions in my area with not much attention. She was hungry in early flowering stage. The autumn started early this year with night temperatures mostly between 2°C and 7°C. By day the average was 10°C - 15°C, seldom 20°C. Many rainy days and high humidity in general.
The results are never the less good despite the stressed look. Very resionous leafy buds with a smell of hazelnut, fruits and coffee:yummy:
This my first harvest of a CBD rich strain. I am curious about the smoke and the sensations that it will give me.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks a lot for the feedback :huggg: Very happy to know the family is enjoying with the medical effects of CBD #1.

Each strain (and even very plant) it's different regarding feeding.
You probably cut down the feeding too early, after 5 weeks of flowering CBD #1 is in its peak of flower production hence it's the time to provide stronger feeding, and not to take it down.

I'm on my second grow of CBD #1. It has been a great success ! Relaxing and killing pain for the whole family !
I am just about at 7 weeks flowering having trouble again with the leaves in the colas drying out. They are turning purple and yellow and getting a little crispy. I have taken very good care of them. I'm not sure what's going on. My other plants started at the same time and cared for the same way are not doing this. Does it mean that they're ready to harvest ? It seems little early yet. What am I dong wrong ? I stopped feeding at 5 weeks, just ph'd water since then.

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/attachment.php?attachmentid=550860&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi wutwut,

Thanks for supporting our work and for giving a try to CBD #1.
This strain has slight variations regarding flowering structures and terpenes,
but it's fully stabilized and true breeding for the chemotype described in the strain description,
so you will only find high CBD-low THC plants. Best wishes!

nice! i'm going to get cbd #1 aswell, but still wondering does it has different phenos because i will buy only one seed. hope it gonna be cbd pheno.

Sativant

I had the same issue. It did generally finish quickly but it had the same issues at the end as you're saying. Some plants do that no matter is all I chalk it up to. It's the same cut? Or is this a different seed plant?
Is there an issue with it Smoke-wise? Or is it a yield concern?

I'm going to run another one soon from seed, and see how I fare, but it's definitely been a great specimen. I thought maybe though I didn't grow it well.

CBD to a bowl mixed with something else, especially at night seems to really just make it a mellow and present experience. Really enjoying this one.
Thanks jjonahjameson- All plants had this behavior- seeds and their clones. Yield isn't a concern, it was ok last time even though they got hot...

Sativant

Thanks a lot for the feedback :huggg: Very happy to know the family is enjoying with the medical effects of CBD #1.

Each strain (and even very plant) it's different regarding feeding.
You probably cut down the feeding too early, after 5 weeks of flowering CBD #1 is in its peak of flower production hence it's the time to provide stronger feeding, and not to take it down.

Thank you Dubi- Having CBD to mix with other strains helps us to design the right proportion for our medicine. I am also growing Malawi-Panama (standard) and it is a gorgeous plant- big and beautiful.

I stopped feeding CBD #1 at 5 weeks because I read that it finished between 7 and 8 weeks of flowering. It's all good- The flowers are still beautiful and I will probably harvest tonight.

The Malawi- Panama will finish at the end of November...

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
When is the best time to harvest this one? I finally grew one out and it's looking close to done but still all clear on the trichomes...I know some strains do best taken early, mixed or with some amber showing. What is your preference Dubi, and have you noticed different effects? Thanks in advance...

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi TexasTea,

Outdoor harvest time depend a lot on latitude and other variables like planting date. Here CBD #1 finishes late Sept/early October, a few weeks later at your latitude.
I like my CBD plants well ripen for full medical effects.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
CBD #1 seedline cannabinoid results

CBD #1 seedline cannabinoid results

CBD #1 (released seedline) cannabinoid results from MIGreenman, thank you very much! :yes:

Super pleased to see such accurate results with our strain description and analyses from independent growers.

Attachments

• CBD1 seedline MIGreenman cannabinoid analysis.jpg
    CBD1 seedline MIGreenman cannabinoid analysis.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 77

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
Thanks Dubi. I checked again and did indeed find a lot of amber so she got the chop. Very strong citrus aromas from this plant, almost rotten oranges, and it looked exactly like photos.

StoneMonkey

Hey all, figured I would share my progress here with the rest of you rather than posting on my own thread. They are about 1 week into their flowering cycle.

CBDAB1.jpg

Both of my CBD feminized in 1 gallon pots

CBDA.jpg
CBD:A

CBDB.jpg
CBD:B

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
The new CBD #1 girl looks great ULMW! ;) Glad to see you repeating with this genetics. Are you having mites in the garden ?

Looking very healthy and happy StoneMonkey, ready to face a good flowering stage. All the best!

ULMW

Thanks Dubi. CBD#1 has the same great expression of smells as previous and wonderful tgeraputtic effects
Mites have been a pain recently. I been spraying and Deep cleaning since these were taken. Pray all is well with you and yours. Happy Growing

jwb0469

Hello. First post here showing the first stage of my second time growing. CBD #1 for myself and Golden Tiger for a relative.
I learned a lot my first grow with seeds from another breeder. It was a high CBD strain as well. Mainly being patient during the drying and curing process and what a full blown aphid infestation looks like.
I had ordered more of the CBD seeds that I grew last year, plus a few others, and unfortunately they were seized by Canada Customs. That led me to search out other high CBD strains and very happily found Ace. Looking forward to April when it gets warmer here and I can plant these seeds and share progress pics. Thanks Ace for the your work and Seedsman for the stealth shipping.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=85274&pictureid=2109341

Humple W.

Here are my two CBD#1's, at just over a month old. They had a really tough time early on, but made it through and are looking really good now.

Attachments

• 0121211513.jpg
    0121211513.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 52
  • 0121211513a.jpg
    0121211513a.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 48

ULMW

picture.php

Last Photos from CBD#1

so fruity! terpene bomb and a mood improver for real.
I recommend vaporizing at a gentle low temp to really get her full profile into your palette. The high notes are somewhere between Jasmin bouquettes and citric zesty limes, lemons, tangerines really mouth wateringly enjoyable, again especially when vaped. The onset and delivery of the CBD is rather rapid. I have not researched oral application or transcutaneous methods.
The initial onset is cerebral, visual and then physical. A range of pleasure is noted in the forefront of the head and around the eyes and this then continues to the CNS and full body relaxation develops. Onset thru vaping is immediate although after initial intensity is noted for a period of 3 to 7 minutes before moving towards a full body effect. Peaking is around 20 minutes after consumption although thd body maybe modifying it at different ratios according to amount used and subject testing it.
I observed tolerance build up only if abused from repeated non stop usage which ultimately ended up. in testers sleeping blissfully and deeply for hours.. Very good medicinal plant with big yields. It offers clean holistic therapy to a lot of the problems and health concerns in life today. Easy to cultivate, propogates with cloning easily and adapts to environments rapidly during both phases of its life cycle.
Thank You Ace Seeds for this gem. Something for everyone.. :trampoline:Do consider making extracts with your trim too!!!! :biggrin:

nldfarmer

Then we took again the best high CBD/low THC parental plants from the backcross with better terpenes, better resins, better yield, best bag appeal and with the the most satisfying smoking experience (like we did in HashTonic selection prior to this backcross), and we started to experiment with different genetic combinations between them until we finally were able to produce a fertile combination for a commercial seed production with the chemotype and high quality CBD flowers we wre looking for.

So this CBD #1 release is basically a CBD # 1 backcross (ErdPurt A/CBD #1) x CBD #1, then inbred one generation.

We also have produced as upcoming CBD projects with this seedline (not tested yet):

- A second backcross: CBD #1 x ((ErdPurt A)/CBD #1)xCBD #1), this time without infertility problems.

- And also a line similar to HashTonic, which is ErdPurt A x ((ErdPurt A)/CBD #1)xCBD #1)

which will be included in our upcoming 202 R+D section and will be evaluated in the future.

Hope the explanation of the breeding details of this strain has not been too tiring, guess it will solve many doubts about the genetic background of the released seedline, and hopefully it will be interesting and useful for others too. :tiphat:
Hey Dubi, maybe I missed something but do you have a preference for which is the pollen donor when you do a backcross? I noticed you didn't mention a CBD #1 x (ErdPurt A/CBD #1), did that one have similar fertility issues?

I've done some hybrid x parent backcross but am trying out parent x hybrid now and am just curious if there's any rhyme or reason to it.

Last edited:

Tgun

Super glad to find this thread as I got a sm pk of these recently. The beginning info is new to me. Sprouting soon. All the pics are great. I've grown erdpurt before and see some similarities in some of them.

Latest posts

Latest posts