What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

CBD # 1 Feminized

rachelstellar

Your CBD1 plants look great, @burningfire! It's always fascinating to see the growth and development of different cannabis strains. Mixing CBD1 A clone with a new seed in the same pot seems like a creative solution, especially when space is limited .

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
sorry to hear about the unexpected visit @revegeta666 :cautious: anyway, glad you keep your selection in clone form for future grows.

Thanks for sharing the comparison between last year and this year CBD #1s @burningfire :)
Last year was more sativa influenced, this year more Afghan as you correctly pointed out :yes:

burningfire

Veteran
sorry to hear about the unexpected visit @revegeta666 :cautious: anyway, glad you keep your selection in clone form for future grows.

Thanks for sharing the comparison between last year and this year CBD #1s @burningfire :)
Last year was more sativa influenced, this year more Afghan as you correctly pointed out :yes:

Thanks.

This was this year as well, The more sativa clone is the one I managed to keep alive the other was a new seed.
I gave more room to my Ethiopian hybrids this year and forgot I actually had some CBD #1 x Ethiopian seeds. I'll have to test some out next year.

aliceklar

20231117_093325_0.jpg

aliceklar

Glad to see you you joining the CBD #1 wagon @El Timbo ;)

How did your CBD #1 finish @aliceklar ? Did you try your resinous flowers ?
Finished after 64 days and a decent yield of super frosty buds. Enjoyable and mellow smoke - first pure CBD strain I've tried. Definitely growing these again. I've shared some with a friend on chemo and will let you know what pain-relieving effects they find.

I made some seed using a TRSC Syrian male and also RQS Dance World x TRSC Johaar, backcrossed to Dance World. Will be growing them out alongside a few more of the CBD#1s in my next grow at the end of the Summer.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks a lot for sharing pics of your CBD #1 Bx2 @Nib :D much appreciated! We haven't received much feedback about this one yet. Glad to hear the strain was the most resinous among your last year's outdoor plants. I would love to hear your insights on the outcome and differences you found between the females.

Nib

Thanks a lot for sharing pics of your CBD #1 Bx2 @Nib :D much appreciated! We haven't received much feedback about this one yet. Glad to hear the strain was the most resinous among your last year's outdoor plants. I would love to hear your insights on the outcome and differences you found between the females.
Well as stated above, these plants where planted as "testers", meaning they grew with little to no care on their own. All we did was to install a little net so they wouldn't fall over once the first few strong winds would set in.

We planted them allongside with sativacreation's CBD Lines, although later & smaller. They still grew to the same size so they definitely don't lack vigour.

I wasn't really caring for them so I didn't see them for months in between and when I did, i never took notes or did the work to compare them to each other...
The plants where growing quite uniform. They grew bushy with very little difference in height or size overall.
As you can see by the picture below or the first from my post above, the first plant was a bit more leafy and with less flowers, but that wasnt really a downside as all the leafes were sugar leafes with lots of trichomes on it.
The second plant/picture had more bud to it and chanced color slightly to purple.
The rest were somewhere in between those two examples.

We let them stay, while we harvested the other cbds, to see how well they would hold up to the botrytis/mold and sadly the CBD#1 Bx2 where also the first to take a hit and show signs of pests like aphits. Nontheless I think with the right care and an earlier harvest that wouldn't be a problem, as they had no signs of stress or pests while in full bloom and throughout summer.

Smell wise i also can't say too much as I have quite a hard time giving names to the nuances im smelling not just with these but with pretty much all plants, although they all were quite nice smelling and especially now when i open my jar the smell never fails to make me smile:canabis:!

Effect wise theyre all great! Perfect day time smoke that make you feel relaxed fast! I smoke them often while studying and yeah, you can definiteIy use them and still remain focused. Adds a lot to the motivation in my opinion.
love them tbqh, best CBD ive smoked! :rasta:
Thank you to all that were involved in creating these plants!

CBD#1.jpg

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks for providing more details, @Nib! :yes: I'm glad you consider this strain the best CBD flowers you've tried. It helps to stay sober and focused, while still enjoying great terpenes, resins, and a relaxing-comforting canna experience. We've put a lot of effort into breeding CBD #1, and it's one of our best strains. What about the picture of the slightly purple pheno ? :)

revegeta666

Bon dia dubi & co!! Here are my CBD#1 plants next to the window, enjoying the winter sun. A cut of my keeper/mom, and 5 seedlings.
IMG_20240223_105546.jpg

The plan is to flower the mom in a 40 L pot, and use her to make edibles and topical products.
IMG_20240223_110602.jpg

These ones are the last 5 of the pack, I will flower them in 11 L pots, smoke/vape them and send my favourites for testing, in case I find a better keeper. I'm quite happy with the one I have but you never know.
IMG_20240223_094202.jpg

When the sun goes away the little seedlings stay under the heat of the fluos. Trying to keep them over 18°C to make sure nutrient uptake is not compromised.
IMG_20240223_095525.jpg

All of these are being grown in recycled, reammended soil, and watered with rainwater. 100% organic as usual.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Bon día @revegeta666 :) I'm glad to hear that you're starting more CBD #1 from seed this season. While I know you're already pleased at home with current mother plant, I hope you can discover even better females by delving a bit deeper into this line.

Do you plan to flower them now in winter ? Natural photoperiod is still short around our latitudes, so extend it a bit (like mid April) if they are intended for the main season.

Latest posts

Latest posts