What's new

Casey Jones

vStagger Leev

Cannaseur
Veteran
hey, thanks for this lil private show ;)

yeah, they thrive...

and it seems you know how to drive them.. looks very nutritious and very warm there, but from the leaves it seems they are loving it!!! good job.

10 gal, how you do about watering, got the right feel in the hands? how often, every 3 days? thats wahat i figure..

cheers
and thumbs up!

:tiphat:
These 2 plants have their own 1000w above them, and have very large nuggets, the being said they are going through about a gal and 1/2 every other day and are being fed every time as well ;) The Cj's love it and just get massive! Thanks for the replies, and questions are always welcom. Much love! STager

are you saying u only put 2 ten gallon pots under the 1000w or just 2 cjs? i got a new spot and ive been running sog with a bunch of small plants under the 1000 but i wanna start doing less and bigger plants and trying to find out how many to put under a 1000w with 7-10 gallon pots. and how long to veg. thank you if you can help with that.

and great shots of the casey, i love all your grows, you really show how good organic plants can be. between the casey and the durban and dieselwreck youve posted, keep killing it.

i got a casey cut im mothering out cuz i wanna do a big run of it, seems like one of the most economical strains to grow, huge yield of top quality buds, cant go wrong with that. i got some nycd x oregon purple thais in flower right now that are beasting, nothing but huge colas, barely any leaf, self manicured haha.. i have a good male of it too and wanna cross it to the casey jones and keep that deisel/thai thing going.

vStagger Leev

Cannaseur
Veteran
THanks for the kind words Slauson ;) I put 2 CJ's both in 10 gal pots under 1 1000W lamp. Both should yield 3/4lb or more. I vegged these 2 for a good 2 full months, and the stretch on these takes care of the rest! (3x) on this pheno. I let these ladies go 9 weeks or so.

AND YOU ARE correct, it is a very economical plant to grow, huge yields, tasty nuggets that are potent, and very veyr easy to manicure. Much love! STagger

i was just thinking of youre dieselwreck, is there any similarites in the casey and the dieselwreck? seeing to how theyre kinda similar with the diesel trainwreck thing going on.

vStagger Leev

Cannaseur
Veteran
Actually they have a very similar diesel taste. The first time I tasted the Cj I didnt know it's lineage, but I knew it had Diesel in it somewere. After I didnt some research about her here on Icmag, I saw the connection. The growth patterns are very very different due to the thai influence in the Cj, but they do have that similar diesel funk.

On another hand the diesel wreck has a different harvest period as well, depending on condicitions the DW can be harvested at 8 weeks like my current harvest last nite. THough I have harvested her at 10 before. Were as I dont think i've ever harvested my cut of Cj @ week 10 only 9, and i've grown her a bunch of times now. I used to think I would let it go till 10, but after growing her it all came down to week 9 for me ;) I hope this helps! Much love, STagger

F

Fluffy Clouds

Actually they have a very similar diesel taste. The first time I tasted the Cj I didnt know it's lineage, but I knew it had Diesel in it somewere. After I didnt some research about her here on Icmag, I saw the connection. The growth patterns are very very different due to the thai influence in the Cj, but they do have that similar diesel funk.

cj is (arcata trainwreck x billy goat´s thai) x sourdiesel V3

i agree i would say that not only growth patterns are thai influenced... :D killer cj!

vStagger Leev

Cannaseur
Veteran
Cj week 8.5

Cj week 8.5

I've got a couple of Cj pics for yallz ;) These 2 are my sexy ladies in 10 gal smart pots @ 8.5 weeks. They've each gotten a flush 3 times now and will get it till harvest day, pure H20. There starting to purple up and chunk on the resin! It's one of the stinkies plants in my room right now and is a joy to grow. Much love friends, SL

Wolverine97

Veteran
I have to chime in here, though I don't post much here. I'm a regular on RIU under the same name...
I've been running Casey Jones for a couple years now, and it still just amazes me every time just how incredible this cross is when grown properly. I'm routinely pulling down 1/2lb plants with zero larf, of the sickest, sour roadkill smelling buds possible. I love it. Keep it growing guys.

vStagger Leev

Cannaseur
Veteran
I have to chime in here, though I don't post much here. I'm a regular on RIU under the same name...
I've been running Casey Jones for a couple years now, and it still just amazes me every time just how incredible this cross is when grown properly. I'm routinely pulling down 1/2lb plants with zero larf, of the sickest, sour roadkill smelling buds possible. I love it. Keep it growing guys.

I agree with you completely man! What a great strain, these are the biggest Cj plants i've growing topping 6ft and some inches, i'm acutally hoping to get 3/4 lb from the one and maybe 1/2lb from the other. ANd yah some rediculously stinking nuggets on these ladies, it has overcome most of the plants in the room right now! ;) Much love and thanksfor the reply, SL

Wolverine97

Veteran
Yessir, I'm just glad someone, somewhere is documenting this epic plant. Glad to have found this thread. I run a bunch of other strains too, but she's still my fav...

vStagger Leev

Cannaseur
Veteran
Soooooooooo. that gigantic Cj nugget shown above has certainly met it's fate in the humid oregon winters. Botyritis once again. It's all god though, it's only on 1 nugget that will get chopped off this evening, and the rest of the plant will hopefully be unharmed. I'm actually quite surprised I spotted it being it was 1 tiny leaf that showed me the sign of sudden death. I pulled it and it had that dreaded stringy nasty gray mold bull SHIT. ;) Hopefully this plant finishes the rest of the way wich is another week and a half without being affected further. THanks for listening to my stoned rant on botyritis destroying my nugget. Maybe I should try growing smaller nuggets...lol ;) Much love friends, SL :shooty:

tetragrammaton

Veteran
What an incredible strain. It's pretty dominant in crosses as well. One of the best strains I ever had the pleasure of growing/smoking was what I called Deep Spacey. It was Casey Jones x (Sweet Pink Grapefruit x Deep Chunk). Extremely Casey dominant, but with an added sweetness from the spg, and extra resin from the dc.

vStagger Leev

Cannaseur
Veteran
That sounds like an amazing cross tetra. I'm about to pop some of my Sweet Casey beans (sweet tooth #4ibl x Casey Jones) Should be fantastic! I've got a thread on it if you'd like to join in on the fun. Much love and beautiful plants! SL :shooty:

LittleWhiteGod

Truly inspirational show Stagger. CJ has been on the top of my "must have" list for a long time...

You are really making me regret not pulling the trigger when i had the chance!

How do the cuts floating around the dispensaries and grower circles out west compare to this cut that you got from your friend?

vStagger Leev

Cannaseur
Veteran
Truly inspirational show Stagger. CJ has been on the top of my "must have" list for a long time...

You are really making me regret not pulling the trigger when i had the chance!

How do the cuts floating around the dispensaries and grower circles out west compare to this cut that you got from your friend?

Thanks for the kind words friend ;) I wish I had seeds of this plant as well, but the cut of it is what I have accesible. I'm honestly not too sure how this cut measures up the dispensaries being there arent any here in OR. The only way I can compar this cut is how others have grown it.... wich is less than acceptable methods imo. :shooty: Just keep an eye out, there are lots of folks on Icmag with F2's of these plants and even F3's. Loudog420 has made plenty of these beans as I remember. Also festivus I think has made some of these in the past as well, if my memory recalls correctly. Much love and best of luck on your quest for the Cj. I truly enjoi her! SL

L

LouDog420

Hoping to run a bunch of my F2s in the not so distant future... Incrossed and backcrossed to my cut, surely their progeny will find their way to the bay as freebies ;)

:wave:

Festi had CJ beans going out as freebies in the mix packs as well 12 + 2... House of love, reppin the casey, and giving the pure line away, just as it should be done, with respect for h3ad and his breeding.

Couldn't ask for a better keeper imo ;)

LittleWhiteGod

Good to hear about the F2's and F3's. I'll be on the look out for them...

I might be able to get some friends from out west to find me a cut of it...

Do you guys have the same cut? keep up the good work... i'll be watching.

M

mugenbao

I've never had the opportunity to try Casey Jones, but Stagger sure makes it look nice :D