What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Casey Jones Grow Along

LouDog420

Killer pics all, as usual.

nameless, my friend, glad to see you! Hope all is well

cjsb, a good start to a line, nice for the pheno hunters, but certainly needs some refinement... There's real winners in there, you just have to look and sift through to find them...

nameless

bowlbreath
Veteran
im gonna crack my cjsb next, looks like i didnt store my seeds properly though... 50% germ rate and 50% of them die as seedlings... sucks i cracked all my straight cj and only have two or three sickly little babies. got 25 cjsb left tho... fingers crossed

LouDog420

Hope you find something real nice nameless... Beans are certainly getting old, but just had ~80% germ on a batch here, so maybe a bit storage, but also age (think were done in '11) so going on 6+ years... Dying off right away sounds like damping off, fungus gnats don't do much, but they spread that fungus quite effectively... Sometimes a quick h202 rinse helps get rid of spores/bacteria that can accumulate on exterior of seed shells over the years...

Heat will bring out the nanners late if its in the cards. I have found a few from the line that will do full sacks at lower preflowers, then generally fine if plucked for the rest of the time, originally appearing 3-5 weeks in... Some leafy phenos... Some low yielders... But some real killer phenos in there as well, and most everything frosty and tasty... When the best from the casey and the sour b combine, it turns magic...

jets, if talking straight casey, depends on the cut, but she's got some serious yield potential... I've seen 2+/light hit regularly with some of the more productive phenos, but also some stringbean, floppy, lower yielding phenos... Always fire though...

If you're talking cjsb, the sour bubble brings the yield down a bit, but also tightens her up, decreases flowering time, and adds a bit extra leaf. Better luck finding a yielder in straight casey imo, but there's some yielders in the cjsb as well, just gotta look...

Good vibes

antheis

Veteran
the one that I found is fast.
I took her at 55 days. and the cuts that are in flower are done with stretch and packing on flowers. I'm thinking she needs a lot of veg time and a lot of root space. I'm going to do a 60day veg in 2gal smarties (possibly something bigger) and 60day bloom in my bed. see how that affects yield. Im feeling this girl already and haven't given her a proper run.

nameless

bowlbreath
Veteran
i for sure had a storage issue. i destroyed most of my stash seems like i lose everything i crack out of my old beans. lost a pack of blockhead, plush, bubba, mob, ughh. still havent checked my apollo 13 seeds... at least i can replace them now

FireIn.TheSky

i for sure had a storage issue. i destroyed most of my stash seems like i lose everything i crack out of my old beans. lost a pack of blockhead, plush, bubba, mob, ughh. still havent checked my apollo 13 seeds... at least i can replace them now

Bean hoarder sells blockhead f5s, many different selections from different bh mom's available for like $48 a pack.

LouDog420

Bummer on the loss... Chimera has a bunch of newer blockhead crosses as well you might want to check out. Ran steele's ultra sonja, that was as close as I ever came to legit blockhead...

Re: quick cjsb phenos... Yes, those are some of the best, and my favorite, the original intention of the cross. Two bad ass lines, but adding casey's vigor/yield to sour bubbles quick maturation/density... Flavors/highs can go either way, as both are great in their own respects... Generally, quicker maturation tied to sour b, and as a result, a little slower veg/less stretch and more root space required to treat her right and get her to yield. But something for everyone... There are certainly some bad ass 8 weekers in there, but I've also got what looks like a 12 weeker right next to her, also cjsb, same round of bean poppin'....

I'll see if I can get a good shot of my quick girl... Super frosty, and 8 weeks no problem... Starts the swell and could probably get away with a late 7 week harvest if you push her right... Eats decent up until chop so easy to flush, but not so easy when on the same diet as 12-13 weekers due to space/logistics...

Good vibes

nameless

bowlbreath
Veteran
yeah i wouldnt mind doing some ultra sonja either. or straight tang tang lol. chimera is the man too i havent talked to him in years but hes always been nice. ill check where his stock is listed too

green-genes77

Veteran
Fantastic stuff! Grateful Head's retirement was a real blow to the seed-growing community and I am glad some folks are keeping his work going.

I never managed to preserve any of his lines through inbreeding, but I do have a killer personal project that is a Wavy Gravy x Mango Kush. Growing the F2 out now and seeing a lot of Casey influence in select individuals. These always start producing visible trichomes and tasty terpenes a week before anything else in the room. Just great herb!

antheis

Veteran

Re: quick cjsb phenos... Yes, those are some of the best, and my favorite, the original intention of the cross. Two bad ass lines, but adding casey's vigor/yield to sour bubbles quick maturation/density... Flavors/highs can go either way, as both are great in their own respects... Generally, quicker maturation tied to sour b, and as a result, a little slower veg/less stretch and more root space required to treat her right and get her to yield. But something for everyone... There are certainly some bad ass 8 weekers in there, but I've also got what looks like a 12 weeker right next to her, also cjsb, same round of bean poppin'....

I'll see if I can get a good shot of my quick girl... Super frosty, and 8 weeks no problem... Starts the swell and could probably get away with a late 7 week harvest if you push her right... Eats decent up until chop so easy to flush, but not so easy when on the same diet as 12-13 weekers due to space/logistics...

Good vibes

she's curing now. got about 2 days in the jar. but she still smokes great. a nice flavor that coats your mouth almost numbing it. a very sweet citrus smell when ground up but that doesn't translate to smoking.
I like her so far.
my momma told me stay away from those fast girls, but I never listened.

LouDog420

cjsb quick pheno

cjsb quick pheno

54 from flip

First round with her, from seed, a new girl... Frosty quick ones, just started with a couple single nanners at the top, telling me she's about ready for the axe (might be able to catch a glimpse pictured below). Swell has been in full effect the last week, so will see how she progresses day by day, and still needs a bit more in the flush department... Eating heavy still so should be a pretty yellow in a few days...

She's in the back and not cooperative picture wise... So will grab some better ones when she comes down... She was the stand out from 8 females... Another nice sativa leaner suffering from lack of food, but nice and frosty... Pictured before...

Whole shot...
picture.php

picture.php

Out of focus macro with the nicer cam, best I could do
picture.php

cheap usb scope, a bit closer
picture.php

picture.php

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
Very nice Lou, looks like one of the girls I ran first in my little cab! How are the aromas and smells and taste on her? Looks tasty!

Bud_Man10

Veteran
54 from flip

First round with her, from seed, a new girl... Frosty quick ones, just started with a couple single nanners at the top, telling me she's about ready for the axe (might be able to catch a glimpse pictured below). Swell has been in full effect the last week, so will see how she progresses day by day, and still needs a bit more in the flush department... Eating heavy still so should be a pretty yellow in a few days...

She's in the back and not cooperative picture wise... So will grab some better ones when she comes down... She was the stand out from 8 females... Another nice sativa leaner suffering from lack of food, but nice and frosty... Pictured before...

Whole shot...
View Image
View Image

Out of focus macro with the nicer cam, best I could do
View Image

cheap usb scope, a bit closer
View Image
View Image

That looks awesome brutha, great job!

Peace
BM

LouDog420

4sd bx and those other lines are sitting in a very special box waiting for a massive bean pop sesh... High desert, minimum 24ksf canopy under glass, finishing up engineering now... 4sd bx... casey 4sd... sfv x cdd... SUSQ... Wifi x cdd... Assuming this is who I think...

Working on some shit over here my friend and will chronicle all I'm sure... Glad to see ya pop in though :D

Buddah, she was way in the back, I'll have to get smells for when she gets the scissors... A few very nice phenos this round though, smells all over the place... From funky skunk, fuel, cat piss to sweet, citrus, fruity... Love it!

Latest posts

Latest posts