What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Casey Jones Grow Along

G

KS - Lovely plants! Send some good vibes over to cool moe for me. 400w is plenty to grow some of that AAA quality. They look like they are loving life and you have the green touch!

Big old smile :D, just love that the grow along is still kicking. Major props to h3ad and the mrs. for all their work. Maybe one day that will grace us again with their presence, but until then, only the best vibes for the casey creator!

Yes, lovely line, and so much to find in just one polyhybrid.

Good vibes all and enjoy the holiday season!

Hey, thanks much LouDog. I'll put up another round of these CJ pics just before chop. Seems like their momma plant finished with some great color and I was very happy when I found the S1s.

Hats off to H3ad and Cool Moe for keeping CJ train rolling!!

LouDog420

Yep, larger and mottled has more SB influence in this case... The thai and trainwreck in the casey lead to those tiny, dark seeds. Found a very similar cut in cannaventure's cookie wreck (GSC x [TW/Thai x TW]), which uses the oriental express tw/thai also used in casey...

So, floppy stems, dark colors, I think a whole lot of the tw/thai, with a little bit of ecsd adding to the funk...

Congrats my friend!

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
My favorite thread is back to active! Hey Loud, big ups broda, good to see you doing good!

I got a bunch of CJxSB in the vault here waiting for a good moment to pop them! Miss smoking some of them!.

Keep the updates coming! :)

antheis

Veteran
i crammed another (turns out i already had one in there) cjxsb into my flowerbed that was unsexed. it looks like it might be male.

antheis

Veteran
pics

pics

nice fat leaves

picture.php

and good and branchy

picture.php

i'm keeping it for pollen to hit my blue vixen in flower now since i lost the mom, given it is male, which is still undetermined.

antheis

Veteran
the one female i have in my tent is around 28 days flowering and smells like babypoo and mangoes, blackberries, and maybe pineapple. a lot of reeally odd smells.
i actually changed a diaper today that smelled a lot the flowers.

LouDog420

Very interesting
laughing.gif

You're about a week ahead of me, running 8 phenos of the cjsb this round and a few pollen projects. Phenos covering everything from mostly sour bubble, to straight sativa casey. Will be a fun few weeks watching them develop :D

Some fairly N sensitive girls this round, with a few rocking the claw... But feeding off the same rez as some N/Mg/Ca hogs, so it's a balancing act...

Certainly require pheno hunters due to variation, but that's been said since the start! Personally I prefer it that way, especially if priced right

Good vibes for the holidays all!

antheis

Veteran
she's quite the lady, honestly.
she's expressing quite a bit of sap from the main stem near the bottom (~3" from the dirt) and the flowers have a greasy sheen on them as well. sap is sweet, but i don't have an instrument to measure brix.
the pistils are very fine and numerous kinda reminds me of tina turners hair from the 80's (just not the same color)
i'm not sure if this a casey or sb trait since i haven't grown either.
i have at least 4 good cuts of her so i'll save the best to be the mum and flower the other 3.
i have plans to pop 20+cjsb and make more seeds next year.

antheis

Veteran
the end is near for my lone cjsb in flower. i'd say 10 more days which would be 60 exactly.
nice xmas tree shape with perfect golfball nugs at every flower site.
she had poor placement and hopefully will run better this round.
i'll get up some pics this week.

antheis

Veteran
the pictures aren't great as i snapped them right before lights on and was in a hurry. i don't like to be in there with the lights on.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

sweet, fruity smell to her.
need more nose time with her, honestly
will scope the trichs tonight.

much respect to lou for doing this cross and spreading the seeds far and wide

G

Keeping the train rolling!!

Keeping the train rolling!!

My 3 Casey girls reached the end of the line yesterday and wanted to share some pics. Chopped after about 75 days from flip. These were finished in 2 gal pots under 400 watt HPS. Used LST to control height and increase yield, seems like all responded well to that method.

These were grown from S1 seeds taken from the same plant after a CJ run a couple of years ago. Plants 1 and 3 turned out much alike in appearance, #2 has a different look with a better bud/leaf ratio. I took small bud samples a couple of weeks ago for smoke test and was impressed with all 3. I will wait for the dry/cure to progress before a final verdict but can already say the potency of these early samples has passed the test. Pure happiness that last a couple of hours from just a small amount.

CJ #1
CJ #2

CJ#3

CJ #2 budshot

The LST method certainly has it's place and purpose but kind of a pain to deal with for weeks and weeks. I think I'll probably top these next round, and I assure you there will be a another round soon. I'd forgotten how good these CJs were.

Much thanks to Cool Moe for his part in making some F2s and then passing along for me to experience. Thanks to H3ad for breeding these and Lou Dog for this great thread that helps keep the train rolling!!!

Last edited:

LouDog420

cjsb ix1

cjsb ix1

All aboard the pic train...
dance013.gif

Great looking ladies there!

Greasy description is spot on with some more typical phenos...

Group of greasy, typical girls... Quicker maturity
picture.php

sativa pheno
picture.php

Jurassic leaves, minimal branching... nice combo of both parental lines
picture.php

G

Eh, round was scrapped together in smaller than usual pot sizes and flipped a bit quick due to other timelines and getting in a quick run... Self sufficient most of the round. Not bad considering the conditions and lack of attention!

I'm mouthwatering over that #2 S1 to be honest ;)
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=7773417&postcount=1190

Hey LouDog, those girls of yours must have been running on autopilot. Looks great man, probably see some yellow/red on those soon.

Yeah, the #2 is my favorite of the 3 at this point and it's still early, but they're all gonna be excellent I believe in a few weeks. I couldn't believe how nice the smoke was off those early samples, not even that rough, given the quick dry and no cure.
These went 75 days from flip and might could gone another week. My grow runs a bit cold and dry this time of year and probably slowed them down some and probably accounts for extra flower time and for yield being a little under what I'd hoped. Great quality overall, cant wait til a little cure takes effect.

3 CJ girls

Cool Moe

Veteran
Keif thanks for the nod, glad I could help out in a small way. #2 looks stellar but they all look just sick with the sticky. Gonna have to grab some of that CJ x SB if it comes back around, wow. Shout out to Loudog, hope you're still ridin' high bro

Latest posts

Latest posts