What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Can't figure this deficiency out

Growenhaft

you dug up a corpse... the problem should have been solved if i use rainwater, the ph value will change very easily... it doesn't have a buffer itself... it adapts to the medium with the greater buffering effect.

you cannot influence the buffer effect of the medium with rainwater. it's like a flag in the wind... if the medium is acidic, the added water in the pot becomes acidic and alkaline the same. the longer you work with rainwater, the more the medium itself loses its buffering effect because the calcium and magnesium content decreases.

in order to prevent this, it has proven useful to adjust the irrigation water with cannabis to an ec value of 0.45 with a cal/mag ratio of 3 to 1 and the provision of all trace elements. cal/mag alone only solves part of the task... the trace elements do the rest. these values are when growing cannabis... no matter in which medium... the values that have been recommended as the best for a starting water.

whoever works with such water... adheres to a reasonable scheme adapted to his medium and his own environmental conditions... will never get to know pictures like those found here in the threat.

Wajionau

Same problem?
IMG_20230225_220245.jpg

Three Berries

I just switched a grow to 12/12 and this is when my K def shows up. I've been giving extra KSO4 and finally switched to the MasterBlend that is higher in K that what I used by quite a bit. Also just got some potassium chloride to go along with my other chlorides. This is the high CO2 and yellow tip Ca grow.

Wajionau

What is the RH and temp? Are you feeding enaugh Ca? Is your light led?
RH is low 25-35%, the day temp 28 celsium and 22 at night. Now end of the 3rd week from switching to 12\12 and i feeding N90 P105 K140 Ca90 Mg 60, the lights is 600hps. And this plant have a different phenotype from the others.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
You said the plant is a different phenotype from the others. There's not anything you can do if they all run on the same rez. and fertilizer mix. exploziv may can help since he's growing with coco coir.

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Since it doesn't look like any particular deficiency or overfert sign, I would try to raise the RH a bit, or even lower the Ca or feed a bit. High transpiration might leave too much minerals in the leaf, and hence the burns.

Wajionau

Тhe problem plant in the far right corner. Make foto at night. Also I would like to ask for your advice on defoliation?

Wajionau

Поскольку это не похоже на какой-то конкретный признак дефицита или избыточного плодородия, я бы попытался немного повысить относительную влажность, или даже понизить содержание кальция, или немного подкормить. Высокая транспирация может оставить слишком много минералов в листе и, следовательно, вызвать ожоги.
I may have added too much calcium before. Because I added calmag to RO up to 0.4 EC before add nutes.

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Not totally sure from that pic, but looks like u may be feeding a bit too much N as well. What is total ec?

Wajionau

Not totally sure from that pic, but looks like u may be feeding a bit too much N as well. What is total ec?
I also think that the nitrogen content in the solution should be reduced. What formula will you recommend for the start of week four after switching to flowering when groing in coco coir? The total EC at the moment is 1.3
if i give more EC i will have the salt buildup.

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Have you checked runoff ec? If you get salt buildup from 1.3+, could mean the ec in the coco is high already. So check runoff ec, and you might find out u need to reduce ec more than 1.3, or even flush them.
It's not necesary a problem with your formula, but you may have feed too much over time and it adds up, coco can easily get to ec 2-3 times bigger than what you are feeding. If possible check ph of runoff too. More humidity in the air would also help with that, cause there would be less evaporation from the coco. Evaporation leaves behind the minerals so EC rises.

Wajionau

I check the runoff every day, and i flush them every day by hand to prevent salt builup, i try to keep my runoff at the 1.6 EC.

Latest posts

Latest posts