What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

cannavore's cave

Cannavore

Veteran
jP91KRy.jpg

oei00Wx.jpg

nickman

Veteran
I'm not too familiar with them showing from GMO, but the Waltz gen I bred with has them in spades. Crossing Waltz to Cookies amplified it, while crossing Waltz to GMO lowered it to about 20% in the F1 cross, and so far I haven't seen any of them in the F2.

The recessives seem to pop out, IMO, when you reinforce the genes sporting those recessive traits (urkle, cookie) with more of those types of genes (more urkle, cookie). When you move away from inbreeding the same urkle and cookie stuff over and over that mutation seems to go away.

I heard Nspecta saying that the recessive (OGKB pheno’s) are from the Urkle... It shows up at about 10% in his Urkle S1’s...

People were calling it a “mutant”... but it’s not.

Cookies most likely having Urkle genes somewhere deep down in the line ???

Nice male...
:tiphat:...

Cannavore

Veteran
yep urkle is for sure in cookies... you can see urkle in the length of the leaf petioles on cookies, all the funky mutations come from cookies, and so on.

wouldn't surprise me if its some kind of really really inbred urkle x seed line og like some cali connection shit crossed with something else or just repeatedly inbred and then crossed out.

in the end, that recessive is due to inbreeding depression because people keep inbreeding, even when they think they are making "crosses" of cookies x cake, this stuff is all too relative.

to me those plants are super undesirable. i'd still like to try the actual ogkb, but to me, if it doesnt 100% blow my doors off and is clearly at an upper echelon above the rest of the cookie cuts, i don't really see the point in growing it other than to breed with.

nickman

Veteran
Very nice update...

The Sundae Driver looks fantastic...!!!...
That jah Goo looks like it may be something special as well...!!!...

Hey I had a quick question for you about Urkle... you probably know more than me about it...!!!... How many weeks do Urkle crosses typically run ???
I’m running a few Old Family Purple F2’s (r) and I’m just wondering how long to flower them... Two plants look like they could be harvested at 7 weeks if you really needed to...!!!... I won’t, that’s too early for my liking but I’m just saying...!!!...
I’m guessing 8-10 weeks for (TK x Urkle)... .

Cannavore

Veteran
Jan 21 will be 70 days on the seeded plants. Letting them go the distance although seeds are looking good right now on most of them.

Didn't think I was going to care for Sundae Driver (phinest cut) but man I really like it. I got a weird shnozz for describing smells but her terps are super pleasing to me -- like a mix of fruity pebbles, that piney dank from cherry pie, and ginger snap cookies.

Got a couple other plants I wanted to hit with GMO Waltz that I couldn't squeeze in so I'll probably get that done next. Also popped some seed - Sundae Driver x GMO Waltz, some more ASS1 x GMO Waltz, and Lime Kush S1's from the homie JAWS.... Lost the Lime Kush cut like 2 years ago, couldn't resource her and was bummed. hoping the S1's are just as good or even better.

hope yall had a good holiday

Happy Times

yep urkle is for sure in cookies... you can see urkle in the length of the leaf petioles on cookies, all the funky mutations come from cookies, and so on.

wouldn't surprise me if its some kind of really really inbred urkle x seed line og like some cali connection shit crossed with something else or just repeatedly inbred and then crossed out.

in the end, that recessive is due to inbreeding depression because people keep inbreeding, even when they think they are making "crosses" of cookies x cake, this stuff is all too relative.

That’s interesting, so you don’t think Cookies is just Durban Poison x OG Kush eh?

The Urkel would make some sense from the color of Cookies too, the nice Cookie pics I’ve see here on iCmag show such dark leaves late in flower, and I didn’t think either OG Kush or Durban tended to be that color

Cannavore

Veteran
That’s interesting, so you don’t think Cookies is just Durban Poison x OG Kush eh?
Yeah definitely not. Urkle is in it 100%, OG as well... I've yet to see where the durban comes into play.

The Urkel would make some sense from the color of Cookies too, the nice Cookie pics I’ve see here on iCmag show such dark leaves late in flower, and I didn’t think either OG Kush or Durban tended to be that color
Yeah definitely. Theres just too many commonalities among cookies and urkle for there not to be a link. And with cookie fam I doubt its some F1 or F2 straight up Urkle x OG cross... Jigga couldn't even pronounce the word phenotype correctly lol.

Cannavore

Veteran
Pics PLEASE ...!!!...

Thank you ...!!!...

Not really much to show. Just the same old same old seeded plants lol. I am however going to be looking for some potential feedback on the crosses if there's any interest. I know this goes against the rules so I'm going to edit this out eventually lol.

Some pics;
-
Nookies (Animal Cookies x JJ's Nigerian) - Swamp Boys cut
5EGF7gt.jpg

Now & Later (Candyland x Blue Power)
az3uMh6.jpg

Wookie #7 (Big Buddy's Lavender x Appalachia) - bodhi's cut
ZgdSaB6.jpg

Jah Goo (Goo x Purple Jasmine)
g9SVeiu.jpg

Sundae Driver (Fruity Pebbles OG x Grape Pie) - Phinest cut
NXQtJdr.jpg

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looking good in here man! I have 5 phenos of London Loud about to get flipped to 12/12 this weekend. You'll at least get to see some more of those plants.

That Fizz is going to be some killer smoke, I think.

dank.Frank

Latest posts

Latest posts