What's new

CannaRed's first grow diary

I removed a Purple Satellite from my 600w hps chamber yesterday.

I was cutting some lower growth off a plant, when I bumped into the P.S. I saw "dust" fly everywhere.

I quickly got my spray bottle and wetted all the plants. Hopefully nothing was pollenated.

Then I checked the purple satellite. About half dozen male flowers.

They were very well hidden. It was like they were coming from the pre-flower at base of each bud.

Never saw them before when they were pre-flowering. They just showed up.

I'll probably put him/her outside somewhere, well away from any of my other plants. Maybe a few miles.

Just to see if they grow back.

The few pollen sacks that I pulled from two of the outdoor p.s. haven't grown any new ones.

I always ran a product in my garden called "Reverse" by Dutch Master. It's a foliar spray that you use whenever you see any hermie plants to revert them back to female within a matter of days. It saved my ass on more than one occasion! I highly recommend adding it to any grower's arsenal that doesn't already use it. :tiphat:

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
I always ran a product in my garden called "Reverse" by Dutch Master. It's a foliar spray that you use whenever you see any hermie plants to revert them back to female within a matter of days. It saved my ass on more than one occasion! I highly recommend adding it to any grower's arsenal that doesn't already use it. :tiphat:

I'm a big fan of Optic Foliar. Their product Transport is awesome. Helps plant leaves absorb Foliar spray. Rev and Watts are foliar feeds.

They have a product called Switch. It's supposed to do the same thing as what you speak of. I haven't tried it yet.
Guess I need to order some.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Purple Satellite. I gave this to a buddy. Found pollen sacks, I couldn't risk it.
Beautiful plant!

picture.php

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
My purple Satellite under the 600hps is curling up big time.

What's goin on? I haven't overfed. Soil to rich?
Too hot?
picture.php

YeetDabs

A lot of folks will tell you that's too much N or Nitrogen claw... but I think it is a micros issue, and perhaps a problem with the environment (RH).... Not in general.. just for that specific plant

I haven't read your whole diary, just tuned in and picked up on your last page...

what kinda nutes?

whats your average day time/night time temps/RH?

I had a SSH that would do this for me religiously, I changed a few things in my nutrient regimine and made a room with more head space, and she seems to take it a whole lot better... The plant still put out good weed, it was just a bummer to watch suffer

If you have any epsom salt it probably wouldn't hurt to give them all a couple feeds with it 2 teaspoons per gal should do it

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
A lot of folks will tell you that's too much N or Nitrogen claw... but I think it is a micros issue, and perhaps a problem with the environment (RH).... Not in general.. just for that specific plant

I haven't read your whole diary, just tuned in and picked up on your last page...

what kinda nutes?

whats your average day time/night time temps/RH?

I had a SSH that would do this for me religiously, I changed a few things in my nutrient regimine and made a room with more head space, and she seems to take it a whole lot better... The plant still put out good weed, it was just a bummer to watch suffer

If you have any epsom salt it probably wouldn't hurt to give them all a couple feeds with it 2 teaspoons per gal should do it

Ive been Foliar feeding with Optic Foliar Watts and Rev. Other than that no major ferts. Just Salamander Soil, and transplanted to bigger pot with fresh soil.
Have been using Recharge, and lil bit of Mammoth P.

Had to bend over her main branches. It may be a heat issue. Worse higher up.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
I've seen other pictures like that where people were saying it was heat stress and the one time I had a plant look like that on me it was in a closet grow that was too hot.

Thanks PDX. That's probably my issue.
Purple Satellite is from Vermont so for more northern cooler climates.

QQNPK

Could it be that you have a fan blowing to strong on it? I had a plant just like that and it was also 1 out of few The rest was unaffected, when i put it outside instead the problem dissapeared

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Could it be that you have a fan blowing to strong on it? I had a plant just like that and it was also 1 out of few The rest was unaffected, when i put it outside instead the problem dissapeared

That could be an issue as well.
It is the plant closest to fan, however the fan isn't blowing directly on her.

G

Gauss

Some sativas are much more heat and light sensitive than lots of other strains, even other higher content sativas. Lots of heat stress can be caused by windburn, like someone else said, where effectively it seems to dry out the leaves.

I think it actually has more to do with UV index at latitude than PAR spectrum in nature, but I do not know. In any case, I think it's wilting due to heat.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Hey guys, I'm looking for an easy way to tie down some branches.

What do y'all usually do?

I have velcro plant ties. But what do y'all tie the other end to?

It would be cool if I had some big u shaped wire. I could just put the closed end directly over branch and push the legs into the ground.

I only have about 5 plastic "bamboo" stakes. Not nearly enough.
Something heavy like a brick with holes could be used with rope or straps. But I can't really carry several dozen bricks to my spot.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
12 gauge THHN wire.

It stays bent and is reasonably easy to bend around branches.

Latest posts

Latest posts