What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

CannaRed's first grow diary

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
I've noticed something strange. My NL cut from ILGMcom always smells kinda like burning rubber or something really sharp like that.

This time she smells like the Bangi Haze she is next to.

The Gg4 has that sharp burnt rubber sorta smell but way more so than the normal NL odor.

The NL that is under LEDs still smell the way they always do. It's only the one under the hps.

I have read that different nutrients and amendments can influence smell, but this is crazy.

igrowone

Veteran
not a fan of rubber
had a plant that tasted like burnt rubber
but all my led grows have been rubber free

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
P.S. 3 outdoor
picture.php

picture.php

MedFaced

I’ve had the universal odor thing before. Never nailed it down. I’ve done universal feeding with multi strains that harvested true to strain smell. Other times with familiar strains, got a universal sweet odor or the infamous hay or cut lawn smell. :dunno:

Feels silly to ask, but did you try pinching a bud to see if it released something more strain characteristic?

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
I’ve had the universal odor thing before. Never nailed it down. I’ve done universal feeding with multi strains that harvested true to strain smell. Other times with familiar strains, got a universal sweet odor or the infamous hay or cut lawn smell. :dunno:

Feels silly to ask, but did you try pinching a bud to see if it released something more strain characteristic?
Oh yeah, I did. It just smells different! Weird.

I'm going to try going into the closet and smell the N.L. first. Only thing I can think of is it smells different after I've smelt other strains first?

bibi40

Wow !!!

Long time i don't passing here ,
all your indoors and outdoors seems great ,
pleasure for my eyes and happy for you ...

:tiphat:

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Wow !!!

Long time i don't passing here ,
all your indoors and outdoors seems great ,
pleasure for my eyes and happy for you ...

Thanks for stopping by Bibi!

Yes I definitely had alot going on this year. Too much really. Because nothing came out perfect.

But the 600hps will be a pretty good harvest for me.

Everything is toppling over because I don't have netting in there.
Be taken down soon. I'm at day 65 now.

I have major foxtailing going on. I'm pretty sure it's because I let the coco get to dry once.
The gg4 was just about to start wilting when I got there.
After that, the whole closet started foxtailing, except the purple satelite.

bibi40

Thanks for stopping by Bibi!

But the 600hps will be a pretty good harvest for me.

Everything is toppling over because I don't have netting in there.
Be taken down soon. I'm at day 65 now.

I have major foxtailing going on. I'm pretty sure it's because I let the coco get to dry once.
The gg4 was just about to start wilting when I got there.
After that, the whole closet started foxtailing, except the purple satelite.

I see the 600w provide good ,
gg4 and blue dream don 't seems to foxtailing much ,
perhaps for the others the sativa genetics is for something in that .

Very good job anyway !!!

MedFaced

Oh yeah, I did. It just smells different! Weird.

I'm going to try going into the closet and smell the N.L. first. Only thing I can think of is it smells different after I've smelt other strains first?

I have seen folks use coffee beans to reset their sense of smell between strains. It doesn’t really work for me, but maybe for others.

OranguTrump

Crotchety Old Crotch
What do you think you'll end up with dry? Guesstimate only, but curious to see what you think. Wet is always fun number to see, too.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
What do you think you'll end up with dry? Guesstimate only, but curious to see what you think. Wet is always fun number to see, too.
Are you talking about the outdoor or the hps?
Either way, I suck at estimating.
I'm not sure this indoor round, because I've only ran 1 out of 6 of those before.
The purple satelite looks like alot but doesn't weighh much because it's so wispy.

The northern lights (that I have ran before) looks to be about 3oz or more.

I think.

Latest posts

Latest posts