What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

CannaRed's first grow diary

QQNPK

I put some fresh cut popcorn buds through a masticating juicer a week or 2 ago.
No buzz, being mostly THC-A but I could feel the medicinal effects in my throat.
I did a paper plate full and it only gave up a small amount of juice.
About 1 inch in a large jar.
It was interesting for sure!

View Image

Theres a dude at youtube that juices cannabis (NOT to get high) but he accidentally added to much lemon juice (citric acid) which appearantly worka to decarb it and he claims he got high as hell which he didnt like lol. But he invited his buddy which was a big smoker appearantly and he said he got a damn good energic high, maybe you could try it. Iv been wanting to test but have no means to do it honestly:tiphat:

EDIT: he also added coconut oil, the video is called "How i got high for 10 hours on raw cannabis leaves" if anyone wanna check it out

Last edited:

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Theres a dude at youtube that juices cannabis (NOT to get high) but he accidentally added to much lemon juice (citric acid) which appearantly worka to decarb it and he claims he got high as hell which he didnt like lol. But he invited his buddy which was a big smoker appearantly and he said he got a damn good energic high, maybe you could try it. Iv been wanting to test but have no means to do it honestly:tiphat:

EDIT: he also added coconut oil, the video is called "How i got high for 10 hours on raw cannabis leaves" if anyone wanna check it out

Looks like I need a juicer.

Would love to see test results of bud before juicing, pulp after juicing, and the juice itself.

I'll check that video out tonight.

I also want to try juicing fresh roots, then evaporating away any water.. add to topicals

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
I made fan leaf pesto a few years ago, it was about 20-30g of dried fans per serving and pretty strong stuff, but a little bit too fibrous to be entirely palatable.

Were there visible Trichomes on the fans?

Ive only been high on edibles three times. I have tried numerous times. My body won't absorb it properly.
I once gave my wife 21 mg of THC in sour gummies. She got trashed. I took around 400 mg. Nothing. Two big packages of gummies.
Last time that I truly felt it, I ate 3.5 grams of decarbed hash dissolved in coconut oil. I got trashed but it took 8 hours before I started to feel anything.
There has got to be a better way.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Man, my side by side sucks.

Wish that I had two sets of my normal clones to run, instead of these sativa dom plants that I have never grown before.

I'm going to have to cut the plants back hard!

The plants under the HGL are stretching out like crazy!

And I can't even flip to 12/12 yet.

I did remove two plants from the CLR chamber. They are males and started showing sex.

Oh.. and on top of all this, I checked the test clones that I put under 12/12 over three weeks ago. All rotted!

So that means I'm just going to have to pull males as they show.
Bummer....

PDX Dopesmoker

Were there visible Trichomes on the fans?

Ive only been high on edibles three times. I have tried numerous times. My body won't absorb it properly.
I once gave my wife 21 mg of THC in sour gummies. She got trashed. I took around 400 mg. Nothing. Two big packages of gummies.
Last time that I truly felt it, I ate 3.5 grams of decarbed hash dissolved in coconut oil. I got trashed but it took 8 hours before I started to feel anything.
There has got to be a better way.

Probably not too much visible trichs, but maybe some on the leaf stems. I used leaf that was pulled off in defanning some big plants a few days before harvest.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
A couple of males starting to show.

picture.php
picture.php

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Hey HLG, how long would I have to "harden off" my plants to go under the sun? I need to stick some outside. Just wondering, since it's so "intense" would one day in the shade be ok?

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
I think this is the last time I will run the Tiger Beat.

I ordered it because it was supposed to be a 1:1 ratio THC: CBD. Doesn't taste good. I give it to a family member patient. But now I have a High Voltage a CBD only strain. I can give him a little THC bud and CBD only bud.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Super excited to say that I got some new cuts!! God I love icmag!!!
I was lucky enough to get blue dream, and original glue #4 from an awesome member.
These are my first ever real deal elite cuts.
Everything I have grown before came from clones given to me by my friends, or seeds I grew from a single pack, or bagseed.
I'm so excited to see and taste the difference between my friends selection from seeds and real elite cuts.

So here is list of my plants:
Blue Dream

GG 4

PurpAl-bagseed

Volunteers- two plants that popped up on own. First time I've ran them. I might save one. Ones turning red/mauve on leaves.

Tiger Beat- grown from seed.

High Voltage- grown from seed, this is my first time blooming a female from this strain.

Purple Satellite

Bangi Haze

GSC M - this was a cut that I got from a friend. He drove to NY State and picked up a dozen different plants, then his wife freaked out on him. All plants were labeled with initials. There was a GSC and GSC M. I ran the gsc a few times, hermed alot. I kept the GSC M. I like the taste. Have no idea what it could be. Guess it's a GSC cross.

Northern Lights - this is my uncle's favorite plant from the last run. It was first plant I grew that got 1 gpw.

Skunk Special- stinky plant, but no skunk smell. More like fruity cat piss. I used it in a breeding project, because it's a fast and heavy yielder.

Nl5 x Haze - ordered seed from group on Facebook. I'm sure it's not real. The four plants are short, and I'm pretty sure that the real plants are taller and more sativa like. I do think it has beautiful bold leaves.

Lemon Skunk - my mentor gave me this last week. Tall sativa dom hybrid. He loves it

PurpAl x Quantum Kush - my first cross. I grew out a male months ago and chucked pollen back on the PurpAl. (Haven't grown those out yet. Right now I have two females that I will soon bloom for the first time.

I also have a bunch of seeds. Saved bagseed from lots of good bud. Got a pack of Alien Tarantula, Blue Iguana, m.c. hammer, and a few of my own crosses.

Hey HGL, how long would I have to "harden off" my plants to go under the sun? I need to stick some outside. Just wondering, since it's so "intense" would one day in the shade be ok?

I don't think the plants need any shade time at all, you can just put them outdoors and they'll be fine. They won't grow as fast, but they'll be fine :)

Congrats on the new cuts!

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
I don't think the plants need any shade time at all, you can just put them outdoors and they'll be fine. They won't grow as fast, but they'll be fine :)

Congrats on the new cuts!

Last year I went from 250hps to full sun. Big mistake!
Leaves turned white. Actual white from sun bleaching. They all recovered.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
So not only do the plants grow taller under the HGL, they are also showing sex sooner.

I removed the tallest two plants from each chamber.

After I did that, Purple Satellite males started showing under the HGL.
Had males show under CLW few days later.
None of Bangi Haze have shown sex yet.

Still another week untill 12/12.

Top chamber California Lightworks
picture.php

Bottom chamber HydroGrowsLeds
picture.php

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
I'm going to change things up a bit.
I got HGL's permission to start over on my side by side. This time with my normal cuts, instead of sativa seedlings.

Chopped down plants in 600w hps chamber.
I'll post pics tomorrow, I gotta crash now..

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
At work sitting on hot roof waiting for material. Thought I'd post some pics while waiting.
Here is the plant labeled 1?v. Volunteer came up and I cloned.

Let everything fade. Her *leaves turned mauve redish.
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Last edited:

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Got a call from my safe address. My new 3x3 tent was delivered!!:woohoo::

Gonna go pick it up tomorrow.

I'll post more pics tomorrow as well.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Forgot to mention something.
While my side by side with the purple Satellites is a no go, I did notice something just now.

I took out a bunch of the plants and have 2 females of p.s. in each chamber.
The p.s. plants under the HGL showed pre-flowers first, but the the 2 under The CLW started forming buds first.
This could be phenotypic differences, and not related to the lights. But we shall see when I start the side by side back up with my regular girls.

I'll make sure to leave a link in here to the new side by side thread, but will continue to post in here about non-side by side matters.
I'll get pics tomorrow. I'm in bed now. Heat got me today.

Goodnight.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Took a few pictures of flowers but they didn't come out right. Il try again tomorrow.
A bunch of my clones molded in the dome. First time I've lost a cut since I got this dome. Only difference is I used Recharge microbes in the water that I soaked the peat pellets. I guess I won't do that again.
Can't wait for the weekend. But I have so much I have to do.
Get the tent hooked up with lights and fans, set plants outside, set out different plants in a guerilla field, transplant my indoor plants and get them into the chambers for side by side, load the tent with everything that's leftovers from elsewhere.
I did manage to assemble my 3x3 tent.
picture.php

The directions say to lay the frame on its side, when wrapping the tent, then stand it up. I had to do it upright, because the ceiling is to low to stand it up from horizontal position.

Nice tent. I always wanted to make one with a pop-up frame that was super easy to setup, but when I started putting together the cost list it just wasn't realistic lol. Looking forward to the side by side reboot.