What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cannapalooza: Pot Convention To Tap Into Growing Industry

johnnyla

Veteran
on second thought i'm not going. i'm broke, not a vendor, have everything i need, and hate vegas unless i have money for hookers and poker, which i don't.

have fun ya'll.

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
What would ever give you the idea that a law designed for PRESCRIPTION medicine would apply to a drug that is RECCOMENED?

The DEA controls prescription medicine in the US, they don't control reccomendations that's why that silly law you posted doesn't work for MMJ.

The FDA controls prescription medicine in the US, not the DEA. Why would a law enforcement agency of the federal government have any say on sister states recognizing the prescriptions written by Drs. in other states?

I am insulted that you claim you are trying to help anyone. What evidence have you brought forth that NV is persecuting MJ users, let alone MJ users who are paying tourists with valid recommendations from licensed US physicians?

I specifically asked you to avoid the nonsensical difference between recommendation and prescription but you refused. This distinction with out a difference is a result of a FEDERAL LAW making it ILLEGAL for a Dr. to prescribe ANYTHING on the schedule 1 narcotic list.

This canard is not meant by you to help anyone you are just throwing cold water on people and making their life worse off. A nice expo is going to be held in Las Vegas, and everyone should show up if they want to. If they are weed smokers they should know that the town will welcome them and not judge them.

Peace, :joint:

mpd

Lammen Gorthaur
Veteran
Just remember Vegas is a UNION town, so moving your stuff into the convention hall is gonna cost big time, and they won't let you do it yourself!

Correct. Each item moved is liable to cost you somewhere around $100 per cart load or whatever fits on a furniture dolly so be prepared to be skinned a little bit. Union rules mean they move it or it doesn't enter the convention center. There is no way around this and I am a wee bit nervous that these costs are not to be made known until AFTER you pay for the booth. It could be an innocent thing but this is not - I repeat, not - consistent with other conventions where I have been an exhibitor. Could be an oversight or there could be problems. If there are problems then the inaugural event for Cannapaloosa will also be the last event as people will gravitate to those forums where they are not going to get their privates hammered to the floor because their industry isn't 100% wholesome.

If you want to get over on them, run a raffle over the course of the weekend and give away your merchandise so that you take it there but a lucky convention goer takes it home. You'll get all kinds of K+ for the good deed and may even win a few customers.

One Love 731

Veteran
I just want to see all the newest gear, soon we will be taxed for our use of natural resources in the form of carbon credits. Therefore efficiency will be key, not because I believe its the right thing, but we are on our way to a one world dictatorial government. Chances are you will not catch a break even tho our gardens consume c02. Its time to take a close look at the new gear if ya want to stay in the game. Plus I want to eventually own a set up that maintains it self, when time is no longer an issue imagine what we might achieve. Karma, One Love

Bunz

Vegas is a union town, so be prepared to pay a nice hourly rate to have all your stuff "moved in on your behalf"...........

Does anyone know if Mandalay Bay is offering any kind of discount on rooms to those of us attending the event?

Bunz :D

mpd

Lammen Gorthaur
Veteran
The quoted rate I got in the email mentioned $169 a night. That seems pretty darn steep and I bet I could buy an area hotel on priceline.com (4-star) for less than $100 a night. If you want to be "in the action" of the forum hotel, you have to pay the price. If you want to go to town and stay in a very nice hotel in the area, head over to priceline.com and bid your room.

What can happen?

I was doing an extended consulting stint in New Orleans following Hurricane Katrina and I was consistently (every week!) able to book the 4-star hotels in the Central Business District for $69 a night and this included Ash Wednesday when I arrived as all the Mardi Gras partiers were nursing their hangovers in the airport heading out of town. If you want the rock bottom deal, priceline is a good provider. If you want to be there in the hotel where the action is going on (and presumably many toker parties) then pay the rate and have a good time. Remember; most of the guests are not tokers, do not like tokers and view our community as slightly thuggish. Adults who act in a responsible and mature manner will be great ambassadors for our community and we will never have too many of those or too many opportunities to demonstrate how responsible, cheerful, thrifty clean and reverent we can be...

Bunz

Mandalay Bay is a good 15 minute walk from the nearest hotel (New York, New York), while most Vegas hotels are piled on top of each other. Another thought to ponder when booking a room.

Skip

Veteran
There have already been canna conventions in L.A. which also requires the unions to move stuff, so I think most canna exhibitors are familiar with the costs of having a table and moving their gear at a convention center....

G

greasehorse

Vegas Memories

Vegas Memories

Went to a computer conference in Vegas in the 1990's. We sat on the front of Caesar's Palace at 10 p.m. on Saturday night watching the fountains and crowd. We finally decided to smoke a joint right there. People were walking by positively commenting on the smell and the act. I'll remember that one for a long time.
ceasatpalace8re.jpg

L

lid

I used to live in Vegas. If u think metro is going to honor your script. Think again. Hell, get stopped with a Nevada mmj lic. and some herb. After you get your face slammed into the hood of there car you will be sitting in the back seat until finally there sergeant shows up and tells them the cant arrest you for possession. Oh and try to speak up about your rights!! Before you know it all there buddies will swear that they saw you vandalize one of there cars! Thats after they drag your face across the asphalt!! Don’t worry you still be going to jail for DUI. I lived in alot of places and let me tell u there bunch of punk ass mother fuck prick piece of shits. I really Hate them. errr.... i better go smoke before i flip the fuck out just thinking about them.

L

lid

Fucking marching around like a bunch of marines and citizens are the vietcong! Metro " hey, stop your jaywalking"...pop,pop..."Oh i thought that submarine sandwitch was a gun".."ain't that right partner.." Or they drive around town doing a 110 mph hit and kill 3 people. One driver in a car happens to coming home after having a beer. Even though he's under the limit guess who gets blammed and sent to jail?

B

Blue Dot

Did something change?

Nevada used to have the harshest MJ penalties in the US.

Don't these "businessmen" know that the commercialization of MJ will be the death of it.

It's only an "industry" to people who want to get rich quick.

Ass Clown, Have you heard of the full faith and credit clause of the US Constitution. Aren't you a government employee should you know this.

Do you think drug addicted assholes like you with Oxi scripts get arrested by NV police when you travel to Vegas?

One Vegas is cool and two, the US Constitution requires NV to recognize contracts of the other states (marriages, divorces, etc.) and as a rule the sister states extend that to prescriptions.

If you now want to be a HUGE Fucking Ass Clown, bring up that your CA Recommendation is not a prescription, and I still hope metro doesn't arrest you.

http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=158797

lol, wake up!

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
Are you back. Funny I thought you had few enough balls to go with your few enough brain cells to stay away from me.

Are you dragging up a month old thread to show me a something? Did you miss this front page news:
http://www.icmag.com/modules/News/showarticle.php?threadid=158857

I'm all for boycotting MGM, but what was your wake up supposed to help me understand?

Oh wise blue one help us learn what is the meaning of life?

B

Blue Dot

Are you back. Funny I thought you had few enough balls to go with your few enough brain cells to stay away from me.

Are you dragging up a month old thread to show me a something? Did you miss this front page news:
http://www.icmag.com/modules/News/showarticle.php?threadid=158857

I'm all for boycotting MGM, but what was your wake up supposed to help me understand?

Oh wise blue one help us learn what is the meaning of life?

But I thought you said Vegas was cool.

There's a difference between your perception of what Vegas is or rather what you want it to be compared to actually what it IS.

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
Vegas is cool. If you look at the thread I linked to you will see that close to half of ICmagers don't want to boycott Vegas. Only 6% didn't want to boycott Starbucks. If Vegas weren't cool 100% of people would boycott.

So San Diego boy I know what is cool in the gas lamp or the strip, you really don't want to debate me publicly ;)