What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cannapalooza: Pot Convention To Tap Into Growing Industry

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
Hmm Vegas eh? Wasn't the mayor trying to outright legalize a couple years back?

One Love 731

Veteran
I guess Ill be there, Vegas is all things wonderful especially with an event like this. Thanks for the heads up. Karma, One Love

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
Las Vegas mayor Oscar Goodman is a great mayor and a HEAVY gin drinker. NV had a legalization initiative on the ballot in 2006 but it got defeated 60 - 40. NV is very don't ask don't tell about personal liberty choices. Where else in the world can you choose between 5 star dining, a very hip nighclub, getting a tattoo, placing a bet on almost anything, hiring a limo or a stripper, walk down the strip drinking, AT THREE IN THE MORNING. The difference between Vegas and the rest of the world is Vegas has EVERYTHING in OBNOXIOUS EXCESS 24/7. Other cities have one or two claims to Sin, but Vegas is SIN CITY!

Peace, :joint:

mpd

Lammen Gorthaur
Veteran
I'm a maybe. If I go forward with the cabinet business I'll attend as a vendor, but that would be the only way I would justify it. What's it cost to have a booth?

mpd

Lammen Gorthaur
Veteran
I just sent an inquiry in for vendor space information so I will be posting it here as soon as I get it.

B

Blue Dot

Did something change?

Nevada used to have the harshest MJ penalties in the US.

Don't these "businessmen" know that the commercialization of MJ will be the death of it.

It's only an "industry" to people who want to get rich quick.

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
Did something change?

Nevada used to have the harshest MJ penalties in the US.

From Norml--

Nevada

SUMMARY: Sixty-five percent of voters approved Question 9 on November 7, 2000, which amends the states’ constitution to recognize the medical use of marijuana. The law took effect on October 1, 2001. The law removes state-level criminal penalties on the use, possession and cultivation of marijuana by patients who have “written documentation” from their physician that marijuana may alleviate his or her condition. Patients diagnosed with the following illnesses are afforded legal protection under this act: AIDS; cancer; glaucoma; and any medical condition or treatment to a medical condition that produces cachexia, persistent muscle spasms or seizures, severe nausea or pain. Other conditions are subject to approval by the health division of the state Department of Human Resources. Patients (or their primary caregivers) may legally possess no more than one ounce of usable marijuana, and may cultivate no more than seven marijuana plants, of which no more than three may be mature. The law establishes a confidential state-run patient registry that issues identification cards to qualifying patients. Patients who do not join the registry or possess greater amounts of marijuana than allowed by law may argue the “affirmative defense of medical necessity” if they are arrested on marijuana charges.

AMENDMENTS: No.
MEDICAL MARIJUANA STATUTES: Medical Use of Marijuana, Nev. Rev. Stat. §453A.010 (2008). Through Nev. Rev. Stat. §453A.240 (2008).
CONTACT INFORMATION: Application information for the Nevada medical marijuana registry is available by writing or calling:
Nevada Department of Health and Human Services, Nevada State Health Division
1000 East Williams St., Ste. 209
Carson City, NV 89701
775-687-7590

B

Blue Dot

Nevada

SUMMARY: Sixty-five percent of voters approved Question 9 on November 7, 2000, which amends the states’ constitution to recognize the medical use of marijuana. The law took effect on October 1, 2001. The law removes state-level criminal penalties on the use, possession and cultivation of marijuana by patients who have “written documentation” from their physician that marijuana may alleviate his or her condition. Patients diagnosed with the following illnesses are afforded legal protection under this act: AIDS; cancer; glaucoma; and any medical condition or treatment to a medical condition that produces cachexia, persistent muscle spasms or seizures, severe nausea or pain. Other conditions are subject to approval by the health division of the state Department of Human Resources. Patients (or their primary caregivers) may legally possess no more than one ounce of usable marijuana, and may cultivate no more than seven marijuana plants, of which no more than three may be mature. The law establishes a confidential state-run patient registry that issues identification cards to qualifying patients. Patients who do not join the registry or possess greater amounts of marijuana than allowed by law may argue the “affirmative defense of medical necessity” if they are arrested on marijuana charges.

So how would that protect some LA patient with a shady rec while in Vegas?

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran

Ass Clown, Have you heard of the full faith and credit clause of the US Constitution. Aren't you a government employee should you know this.

Do you think drug addicted assholes like you with Oxi scripts get arrested by NV police when you travel to Vegas?

One Vegas is cool and two, the US Constitution requires NV to recognize contracts of the other states (marriages, divorces, etc.) and as a rule the sister states extend that to prescriptions.

If you now want to be a HUGE Fucking Ass Clown, bring up that your CA Recommendation is not a prescription, and I still hope metro doesn't arrest you.

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran

I have always enjoyed debating with you...but lately, I am contemplating the ignore feature--

Besides...they are not selling Meds there...so you will not be able to make any arrests--

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
Full faith and credit has to do with CIVIL PROCEDURE..not criminal.

solarz

Really? So you are saying that the states do not follow this logic and apply it to other areas of life in what is know as reciprocity? What I explained to BlueDot is that NV has a policy of recognizing valid prescriptions of tourists. Could you imagine making every visitor from around the world visit a NV doctor to validate their prescription medicines? This is not what happens. Possessing MJ in NV is only a crime if you don't have a prescription same thing goes for BlueDot's CA or NV Oxi script. It is legal with a script from either state and illegal without it.

B

Blue Dot

If you now want to be a HUGE Fucking Ass Clown, bring up that your CA Recommendation is not a prescription, and I still hope metro doesn't arrest you.

It's called reciprosity FYI and I don't think NV has that with cali.

EDIT, you beat me to it but still with incorrect information.

When the crime also happens to be illegally federally, the state has to explicity recognize the reciprosity, it's not just assumed.

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
I have always enjoyed debating with you...but lately, I am contemplating the ignore feature--

Besides...they are not selling Meds there...so you will not be able to make any arrests--

I've contemplated that with BlueDot also, but then he would just harass the rest of the community.

So if this is an EXPO with out MJ why would BlueDot ask a question about what people with CA MJ scripts can do?

I have always stated that possessing or consuming weed is no different than strawberries and I don't want the government involved in either.

So what was BlueDot's first post about? Just hating on CA people who may visit NV? Just hoping to have someone else in cuffs? What did BlueDot contribute to this thread about an Expo of items in Vegas?

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
I've contemplated that with BlueDot also, but then he would just harass the rest of the community.

So if this is an EXPO with out MJ why would BlueDot ask a question about what people with CA MJ scripts can do?

I have always stated that possessing or consuming weed is no different than strawberries and I don't want the government involved in either.

So what was BlueDot's first post about? Just hating on CA people who may visit NV? Just hoping to have someone else in cuffs? What did BlueDot contribute to this thread about an Expo of items in Vegas?

Haha!! I read that just before the Edit...I was wondering...WTF?? lol--

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
It's called reciprosity FYI and I don't think NV has that with cali.

EDIT, you beat me to it but still with incorrect information.

When the crime also happens to be illegally federally, the state has to explicity recognize the reciprosity, it's not just assumed.

Got you Ass Clown, out of state scripts are recognized.

NRS 639.235 Persons authorized to prescribe and write prescriptions; procedure for filling certain prescriptions written by persons not licensed in this State.
1. No person other than a practitioner holding a license to practice his profession in this State may prescribe or write a prescription, except that a prescription written by a person who is not licensed to practice in this State, but is authorized by the laws of another state to prescribe, shall be deemed to be a legal prescription unless the person prescribed or wrote the prescription in violation of the provisions of NRS 453.3611 to 453.3648, inclusive.